+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warfront Grouping - PVP vs PVP only

Telaran

Default Warfront Grouping - PVP vs PVP only

I would personally like to vote on Warfront regrouping.

I think PVP servers should only be grouped with other PVP servers for warfronts.

Naturally PVE to PVE.

I think it throws off the point of being on a PVP server to be matched up with players from PVE severs that don't have the same rule sets. There are plenty of severs, just match them up... whats the deal?

Or, make it so P1-3 fight each other and P4-6 fight each other. It's very frustrating when you go into WFs wanting to have fun and take time off from just standing around but then you're either losing, being spawn camped or just steam rolled by P6 geared pre-made guardians/defiants.

Telaran

/agree but it will never happen.

What COULD happen and should happen is group size matching. Anything more than a 2 person group should hold in queue for another like-sized group on the opposing faction.

Premades should have to match with other premades.

Also, add the option for single queue only... so you are only matched with single players from the opposing faction. I know this could be fooled and you might get some teams that queue as singles but are still on vent/skype but the likelihood of a better more balanced game is there.

I don't see any real advantage for players from pvp servers compared to the ones from pve servers in WFs, unless you have the impression that players on a pvp server have any special abilities not available to those on a pve server(ok, maybe more of them L2P against other classes, but honestly I doubt that - just look at all the QQ threads and with some reading up on other classes that is very easily fixed.).
    And you don't accumulate any gear advantage on a pvp server ... think I gathered as much favour while leveling on pvp servers as I would with a couple of WFs.

The only real disadvantages I see in WFs are premades vs pugs and players out-gearing others/the opposite faction.

In my opinion changing the lvl 50 WFs (the only ones that matter in the long run as you will level up until 50 faster than you can say 'Ka-Zam') to 'premade vs premade' and to equal gear range WFs would be more helpful.

Telaran

The issue is the advantage PVE servers have over PVP servers... not the other way around.

PVE servers have the ability to level faster, quest, rift, farm materials and farm rep way faster and easier than PVP servers do.

The simple fact is, you can stand next to an opposing faction in a rift and they cant hit you unless you flag.

So to match them in warfronts is not balanced.

Try rifting on a PVP server, it's way more intense when you have to try to stay alive against the major event boss while avoiding being ganked by the opposing faction at the same time.

Its a completely different environment and it should be kept separate in Warfronts as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrgon View Post
    I would personally like to vote on Warfront regrouping.

I think PVP servers should only be grouped with other PVP servers for warfronts.

Naturally PVE to PVE.

I think it throws off the point of being on a PVP server to be matched up with players from PVE severs that don't have the same rule sets. There are plenty of severs, just match them up... whats the deal?
    Besides open world PvP, what really differentiates the servers? I mean really? I am a PvPer, however I roll on a PvE server because I enjoy PvP on "my" time, my terms. That said, Im usually flagged for PvP like 90% of the time, but there are just some days I want to quest/role-play in peace, and one cannot just do that on a PvP server when everyone's mentality is "if it's red it's dead."

But I digress. My point is, I am not the only PvPer that feels this way. Alot of us join PvE servers because of the degenerative style of gameplay that PvP servers devolve into over time. Why should we be excluded from a queue with a PvP server? I find your suggestion borderline elitist.

Honestly, I consider the difference in pvp gear & rank more as a threat to the game balance than some rep rewards (the runes are nice, but not game breaking in WFs - at least imo).

Rep gear/easier to obtain crafted gear might be 'game breaking' as a freshly level 50, but if you run with your 'no valour' purples and blues into a R6 premade ...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by sneakyninja1 View Post
    Or, make it so P1-3 fight each other and P4-6 fight each other. It's very frustrating when you go into WFs wanting to have fun and take time off from just standing around but then you're either losing, being spawn camped or just steam rolled by P6 geared pre-made guardians/defiants.
    this, a P1 fighting against a P6 is almost the same as a lvl 30 vs a fresh 50

but separating pve servers vs pvp servers don't really make much sense, yes we CAN fight eachother any time, but 99% of the times... we don't really.. the amount of times i pvp's with guardians (I am a defiant) in the open world i can count on one hand
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear View Post
    this, a P1 fighting against a P6 is almost the same as a lvl 30 vs a fresh 50

but separating pve servers vs pvp servers don't really make much sense, yes we CAN fight eachother any time, but 99% of the times... we don't really.. the amount of times i pvp's with guardians (I am a defiant) in the open world i can count on one hand
    How can you play Rift with only 2 fingers at your hand?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    How can you play Rift with only 2 fingers at your hand?
    ehh? waht you mean?

That said i really only use 2 fingers on my right hand (the one on my mouse (if you don't count the 3rd finger i use to activate mike on ventrilo, but that not really part of the game as such)) :P
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Telaran

You guys that are on PVE servers dont see the offset balance like we do. Or you do and you just dont want to admit it.

The problem is when you have 50s battlegrounds with players already geared in full raid gear steamrolling you. They win all the bgs and then they gear up to R6 faster.

Or even lower levels already geared out for their level in rift epics cause they can farm em without getting ganked.

Twinking in Rift is no different than in WoW. PVE is easier, no question...

What is the issue with it? You guys dont want to face off against other PVE servers cause you know it will end the steamrolling cause you know it would be equal.

Just what we are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrgon View Post
    You guys that are on PVE servers dont see the offset balance like we do. Or you do and you just dont want to admit it.

The problem is when you have 50s battlegrounds with players already geared in full raid gear steamrolling you. They win all the bgs and then they gear up to R6 faster.

Or even lower levels already geared out for their level in rift epics cause they can farm em without getting ganked.

Twinking in Rift is no different than in WoW. PVE is easier, no question...

What is the issue with it? You guys dont want to face off against other PVE servers cause you know it will end the steamrolling cause you know it would be equal.

Just what we are looking for.
    I suppose you consider me as one of 'you guys', however, sadly I have to inform you that I play on pvp servers only (ok levelled a bit on pve servers).

And your so called twinking - I do the same on a pvp server ... craft/buy all available gear while levelling.

And neither on a pvp or pve server you'll be in full rift epics while levelling, unless you spend weeks with waiting for invasions to happen to collect the stones and shards and you wouldn't do anything else then that as you would level out of the gear and WF bracket as soon as you would run a single quest (slightly exaggerated - I have to admit).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    I suppose you consider me as one of 'you guys', however, sadly I have to inform you that I play on pvp servers only (ok levelled a bit on pve servers).

And your so called twinking - I do the same on a pvp server ... craft/buy all available gear while levelling.

And neither on a pvp or pve server you'll be in full rift epics while levelling, unless you spend weeks with waiting for invasions to happen to collect the stones and shards and you wouldn't do anything else then that as you would level out of the gear and WF bracket as soon as you would run a single quest (slightly exaggerated - I have to admit).
    and the same account pretty much to me (except i never even LOOKED at a PvE server) let alone played on one

Telaran

I never said fully geared in rift epics, just that PVE servers are generally geared much faster than PVP servers.

I play on a PvE server and I am in favor of this suggestion. Why? Because of PvP rage. I'm tired of That One Guy in every warfront who has to tell everyone about how bad everyone but That One Guy is, and how everything is everyone else's fault.

....and 90% of the time, That One Guy is from a PvP server.

Please, let them have their srsbsnss and let the rest of us have fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast