+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cross-faction Friends

Soulwalker

Exclamation Cross-faction Friends

There isn't much to elaborate- it is impossible for characters in different factions to be friends. As Trion Worlds stated, "MMOs are all about playing with your friends". It is as if they are on different servers, which is a problem Trion Worlds is even now fixing. Whether the fix is to remove the restrictions of cross faction friendship or simply to implement an easy faction shift, please solve this issue.

I dont like the idea of cross faction friends. I actually wish that they didnt allow both factions on same shard but I think that is too late for that now.

I would love it if Trion let us friend and group with people from the opposing faction! I also wish we could do content from both factions with the same character. Keep them separate in the sense that there are two factions so PvP (world and war-front) can still be reasonably viable but allow us to become "neutral" with characters from the other faction by befriending them.

I can't count how many times I have "grouped" with Guardians and was unable to lend them my healing and DPS directly because I could not mechanically join a group with them. There has been much open chat lamentation for lack of that ability in my experience.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Shield of Telara

The idea of being able to group up and befriend the opposite faction is a good idea.

Also being able to kill players of the same faction. I know that would be hard and frustrating because you'd most likely get a ton of grief players kill lowbies of the same faction in starting areas, but the idea sounds better.

Older MMO's it was basically FFA and you had guilds. We can do the same thing here whilst also keeping the theme of the game with Guardians and Defiants.

Speculation on these ideas is always good.

Shield of Telara

EDIT - silly 5 minutes.

Having a chat channel that allows both Guardians and Defiant to chat on would be good to. On PvP servers for example you could organise big world PvP events at a designated area. PvE, rift invasions you could coordinate together which would actually help, considering they are both there for the same cause, to prevent rifts from enetering the realm.

Telaran

You can already talk to opposing factions in /say and /yell

Shield of Telara

Yes, but it would be better if there was an actual Chat that was for everyone. Might even create more of a community. Say is only in a set range.

Create /Global chat.

Being able to group with the opposing faction would also increase the LFG pool substantially
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Rift Disciple

i would like to do that, and well im not too much into the lore in details but shouldn't be that hard to get in there somewhere at least, something like that they may be fighting each other, but they are aware that they are fighting a common enemy as well, and thus able to lay down arms against each other to actually hamper the common enemy, for a while

hmm dunno maybe also make it so you can't take dmg from groups aoe's from "enemies" you are grouped with nor can attack them single targeted, like they were on your faction?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

+ Reply to Thread