+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better Gear Detection in LFG tool

Rift Disciple

Default Better Gear Detection in LFG tool

Currently the gear check for LFG only detects +to hit and primary damage stat for DPS. I find a lot of times I still end up with under geared players in tier two dungeons.

Where this causes an issue is that I still need to force players out of groups in order to pass DPS checks, it's not fair to those players and it isn't fair to players that are properly geared for the dungeons.

I suggest two different solutions, both in addition to the current gear checks for tiered dungeons:

+ attack/spell / + Physical crit modifiers, these are also a big proponent to DPS

or

Adding a tiering component to gear (tier 1 plaque gear or tier 1 drops would be coded to be considered TIER 1). Players must have maybe, 70% teir 1 gearing before they're capable of joining a tier 2 dungeon. This could be done simply with an addition formula, and check formula.

Each tier 1 peice, or equivalent, would be worth 1 point. Tier 2 would be worth 2, tier 3 would be worth three, the LFG tool detects the players gear, and uses this value to allow queing.

Example:

player has 2 tier 1 chests, tier 1 gloves, rest of the items are normal dungeon. (normal dungeon could recieve a .5 value, maybe?)
    players values would be

helm value= .5
    shoulder= .5
    chest= 1
    gloves = 1
    legs = .5
    feet = .5

total value.

the rest would also be .5, being regular dungeon gear, returning a value under the tier 2 dungeon value, even if they reach the dex/intel / focus/hit caps.

you would have the gear check only change the code if the current value is less than the detected gears value, and that would replace it, so if you have a tier 1 legs and a tier 2 legs the code would work like this

<legs value=0>
    <tierlevel = 1, if legslevel < 1 set legs value 1>
    <legs value=1>
    <tierlevel2, if legslevel < 2 set legs value 2>
    <legs value=2>

using less then to prevent adding and equaling more than the gear should be worth.

AGREE. Kind of fun , my character at 45 lvl has more stats than TIER 2 Expert dungeons requires :O ... 270 dex and i have 305 already unbuffed and hit isnt a problem , i am runecrafter . This is not WoW but I dont imagine there at the launch or this expansion player under cap lvl reaching requirement stats for heroic dungs or raids. ANd there gear is kind of godness , cap lvl green geared player for example crits for 1k , best tier cap lvl geared player crit for 2,5k . Like 1,5k crit difference just of items . And assuming to WoW cause I played WoW since beta pre tbc up to Launch of Cata . Dont want to copy WoW here but some MMORPG games mechanics . BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE !

Rift Disciple

would like more input from other players on this...

Ascendant

Because this game needs Gearscore.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Neemus View Post
    AGREE. Kind of fun , my character at 45 lvl has more stats than TIER 2 Expert dungeons requires :O ... 270 dex and i have 305 already unbuffed and hit isnt a problem , i am runecrafter . This is not WoW but I dont imagine there at the launch or this expansion player under cap lvl reaching requirement stats for heroic dungs or raids. ANd there gear is kind of godness , cap lvl green geared player for example crits for 1k , best tier cap lvl geared player crit for 2,5k . Like 1,5k crit difference just of items . And assuming to WoW cause I played WoW since beta pre tbc up to Launch of Cata . Dont want to copy WoW here but some MMORPG games mechanics . BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE !
    yeah i geuss you have 305 unbuffed TOTAL (whne you say unbuff does that mean no slef buffs too? even then i doubt 305 total is enough still as the base stat don't count nor any buffs (self or from others) count, so need 270 from gear, runes or essences NOTHING ELSE count
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Rift Disciple

I never saw this addressed.

Now, I'm not linking gear to skill, and I don't want to hear the elitism responses, but I'd like some discussion here.

I still find myself gearing quite often with people in tier two that BARELY meet the requirements, some of whom are even wearing less than 50 greens.

The idea of the score system was not a gear score system based on stats on armor, just a tiering system based on the TIER of the gear.

You've given the uber carebears the 30 minute lockout, so can we get something to ensure we're not getting groups with players who REALLY are not qualified to run the dungeon?

IXI

There aren't really gear checks in T2 aside from a couple of fights, they are more skill checks and having a sufficient tank/healer. They could raise the primary stat requirement a bit. Gear with primary stat and focus generally have AP/SP and/or crit. The only alternative is parry/dodge. There's no graceful way around that, but it is more of a fringe case anyway. More often than not, someone will just forget to equip their DPS set and you don't want to penalize a legit player.
    It's spelled "Riftdrawal", and yeah you have it.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IXI View Post
    There aren't really gear checks in T2 aside from a couple of fights, they are more skill checks and having a sufficient tank/healer. They could raise the primary stat requirement a bit. Gear with primary stat and focus generally have AP/SP and/or crit. The only alternative is parry/dodge. There's no graceful way around that, but it is more of a fringe case anyway. More often than not, someone will just forget to equip their DPS set and you don't want to penalize a legit player.
    So, if I leave a group that would take 4 hours to run a dungeon because I don't want to do that, I'll get a 30 minute lockout. But we'll let people queue in who haven't even bothered to spend the 40 plat and 10 or so t1 dungeons it takes to get all 50 blues or better into t2 and expect other people to deal with that?

The minimum score for a dungeon should be the minimum to do the dungeon, not the minimum to WTFPWN everything in it without difficulty.

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBear View Post
    yeah i geuss you have 305 unbuffed TOTAL (whne you say unbuff does that mean no slef buffs too? even then i doubt 305 total is enough still as the base stat don't count nor any buffs (self or from others) count, so need 270 from gear, runes or essences NOTHING ELSE count
    Runes and essences count towards the 300 required. Before the patch changed it, it was difficult to see exactly what counted...but now it's always the white number next to your primary stat. If it's not meeting the requirements, you can't enter. If it's green and you still can't enter, remove your buffs and check again (or hover over it and look at the first number and not the +).

When I hit 50 I immediately could enter T1s and do well in them with 48 blues from previous dungeons or planar goods. I don't even see how people still have greens at this point since I was in mostly blues (and a couple epics from planar vendors) at 50. After running a few and some well-placed runes I was able to enter T2s as a healer and actually do well.
    Last edited by Era; 06-29-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Rift Disciple

I disagree and don't think it is needed at all. T2 dungeons are extremely easy as they stand now and with enough focus/hit you shouldn't have any problem with dps. Over the past week I have been healing as a chloro with gearing people for raids and most are in blues with a one or two t1 items and we haven't had a single issue on any dungeon. I say the problem is the people you are grouping with are having problems with their play style and not their gear. This shouldn't affect requirements into dungeons as they stand now.

gear =/= Skill.

gear based stats is for *******. real players don't need to be all tier geared to rock.

+ Reply to Thread