+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Linking Roles in Chat

Default Linking Roles in Chat

It would be really handy if we could link our roles in chat and then have our builds displayed to anyone clinking the link. It would work real similar to how we can link our crafting recipes and abilities. I think this would be great so that people that want to help other (or need help) people with there builds can and it would also completely negate the souls available upon inspect option argument because this would be a system in were the players have to opt in (by shift clicking there role) instead of opt out of (selecting an anonymous box in the settings)
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

/signed
    A op in a very unpopular idea in thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...er-soul-trees. most people supported your idea. I feel it is a happy compromise.

Sword of Telara

I like my privacy, and dont like everyone being able to know everything about my char at all times.
    With this idea I can choose myself if I want to let someone see my spec or not, I like that.
    I can have my privacy if I want to or I can show others how I have my char built if I so choose.

I agree this is an acceptable compromise as I can choose if I want my privacy or not and I approve of the idea.
    Last edited by Ethelryn; 05-24-2011 at 07:49 PM.

I think the mechanic is already in the game it just hasn't been implemented. At the moment you can shift click your role with the chat window opened and it will in fact generate a link but theres nothing tied to it iIrc it just says role in the link text. I would just love to see this in 1.3 and I think it will just give people 1 more feature to help set Rift apart from some of the other MMOs on the market.
    Last edited by kliknik; 05-27-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    "Overall we want the various callings to be competitive with each other in their comparative roles. There isnít a mandate that Rogues do more damage than Warriors or that Mages be the best ranged damage in the game. Ideally we would like to see players with equivalent skill, gear, planar attunement, buffs etc be equally effective at damage, tanking or healing." - Kervik

+ Reply to Thread