+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Adding a deserter tag for experts.

Default Suggestion: Adding a deserter tag for experts.

Im getting tired of pug experts where a member all of a sudden leaves. I know there is a wide range of excuses to why, but I don't care. If you leave an expert mid way through you should be given a one hour debuff preventing you from entering the LFG tool. People who leave the group do nothing but screw everyone else over.

For example, we had a cleric on Harrow (I wont name names but he knows who he is) in RD that quit after the first boss because he was prestacking hots and drawing aggro. He didnt listen to the tank and just decided to quit without an excuse. We called him out in 50 chat when he started shouting to join another expert, he ended up logging (probably shamed). It screwed the rest of us who had already waited for a group, because we couldnt get a replacement healer. Another example is someone **** queues up gets in dungeon then half way through (on a quick run no less) says they have to log or go help a guildie. Hello, you queued for an expert which you KNOW is time consuming.

In short the game needs a pve deserter buff. And please dont queue if you arent going to commit.

Ascendant

Prestacking Hot's can get you in trouble as a cleric on trash..

But the tank couldn't generate enough aggro on Rictus (aka first boss in RD) to keep him off the cleric??

On pulls i can understand but if a tank can't keep aggro on a single boss mob with prestacked hot's then the blame doesn't fall on the cleric it falls on the tank...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Sez

Yeah, one hit from the tank should pull aggro off HoT threat...

With that said, there shouldn't be a penalty because during random ques, you always have the choice to start over (Random dungeons aren't affected by /dungeoninfo saves)
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by LordOberon View Post
    Prestacking Hot's can get you in trouble as a cleric on trash..

But the tank couldn't generate enough aggro on Rictus (aka first boss in RD) to keep him off the cleric??

On pulls i can understand but if a tank can't keep aggro on a single boss mob with prestacked hot's then the blame doesn't fall on the cleric it falls on the tank...
    You are missing the point - people who leave a group should be somehow punished. Similar to how leaving a warfront gives you a 15 min cooldown for searching again.

Bad idea.

People get disconnected through no fault of their own with providers. Or they may have a power outtage. Anything.

An hour is too draconian a measure for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingstock View Post
    Bad idea.

People get disconnected through no fault of their own with providers. Or they may have a power outtage. Anything.

An hour is too draconian a measure for this.
    To the above poster we were past Rictus and the cleric was pre stacking hots on trash pulls.

to the one I quote, the game auto reconnects you if your service drops, but if your internet sucks that bad dont play an mmo. We both know that the cleric was a baddie who left in a tizzy because he died after being told not to pre stack hots. An hour is not too draconion considering it takes longer than that to get a group from LFG.

Also to the poster who said just reset, you didnt see where I typed that we waited for a rep through lfg but after a half hour gave up.

The point is people are abusing the LFG tool.

Ascendant

An hour is too long. 15 minutes is what you get for leaving a warfront. That's long enough to make people think twice about dropping a group over some trivial annoyance but not so long to that you feel compelled to remain with a group where you're just really not enjoying yourself.

If the tank in the OP's situation was a warrior, all I can really say is that they're doing themselves and their group a tremendous disservice if they're relying on PUG healers and not speccing far enough into Warlord for Intercept. It just makes things so much easier on everyone and there are plenty of worthwhile goodies you can pick up along the way.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    To the above poster we were past Rictus and the cleric was pre stacking hots on trash pulls.

to the one I quote, the game auto reconnects you if your service drops, but if your internet sucks that bad dont play an mmo. We both know that the cleric was a baddie who left in a tizzy because he died after being told not to pre stack hots. An hour is not too draconion considering it takes longer than that to get a group from LFG.

Also to the poster who said just reset, you didnt see where I typed that we waited for a rep through lfg but after a half hour gave up.

No, they're not abusing the LFG tool. They're in a group where things aren't working out for them so they leave. That's their option. Next time, tell your tank to suck it up and deal.

Because everyone can get great internet.... I have been gaming for over ten years and moved out to the country. Unfortunatly the only internet we can get out there is dsl and the dl speed is appaling even with opening up ports and such. So you are saying i should not play at all. Lols. I am sure i am not the only one with an issue or similar issues with it. but all those people droppping would make a dent in the popularity of the game. And as a side note even if he was a "Baddie" I am sure you guys nicely asked him instead of belittling him and making him be a jerk back right...

Sorry OP, but if I'm in a group where we're wiping on trash, or in a group where we can't kill a boss after multiple tries, I'm not going to waste my time or gold to stay with the group. There's absolutely no point. Not to mention if this was implemented people would just go afk mid-run instead of leaving, or they'd start purposely griefing your group until they were kicked. There are too many flaws with this suggestion for it to be even somewhat viable.
    Last edited by PVStar; 05-24-2011 at 05:02 PM.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Rift Disciple

yeah this is just a bad idea. I have only left one group early and that was right when it started when another person of the same class said they would need everything for our class just to vender it so i wouldnt get it.

Sometimes people have good reason to leave. Maybe your group sucks who knows. It isnt hard to find a replacement. So your healer leaves its not all that hard to find someone to replace them even if the LFG tool dosnt do it for you. Maybe the person left because the group is full of ******bags they dont want to help. no reason for them to be punished. It is a game after all if someone isnt having fun with one group you shouldnt prevent them from finding another.

No one is obligated to help you do anything. If someone isnt enjoying it they should be allowed to leave without punishment. Just remember it is a game after all.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeskyDingo View Post
    You are missing the point - people who leave a group should be somehow punished. Similar to how leaving a warfront gives you a 15 min cooldown for searching again.
    This is the dumbest idea all day.

Punished? Why? They already lose out by leaving a full group in a dungeon. If you don't admit that they are losing out by leaving, then you are basically admitting that grouping with you was a waste of time for everyone to begin with.

Asking for people to be punished because they aren't playing the game they way you want it is ruining other people's enjoyment for your pleasure. And no one plays for your pleasure NOR do they play to be put in a timeout box for 15 minutes to 1 hour.

People can, should and will leave groups all the time. Grouping is a voluntary

- If I see people doing <400 dps in a T2, I will leave.
    - If I see rogues changing from one useless role to another every pull, I will leave.
    - If people don't want to work together, I will leave.
    - If people tell me that certain loots are reserved for other people in the group, I will leave.
    - If people tell me how to play my character, I will leave.
    - If people go AFK for 15 minutes every 5 minutes, I will leave.
    - If people chain wipe on a boss more then 5 times, I will leave.
    - If people come to an expert with a Green essence engine, I will leave.

On what grounds should I be 'punished' for any of that by not being able to Q for 15 min - 1 hour?

Quote Originally Posted by ThePeskyDingo View Post
    No, he's not missing the point. If I come to heal you and you keep letting me die I have a right to leave. If I get a one hour debuff for preserving my sanity I'll sure as heck never heal randoms again.

I usually heal with Healing Invocation. With a fast pulling tank the hot is still ticking from his last heal when he pulls the next pack. And I virtually never die because of this.

Why? Because I have good tanks who are trying to keep me alive. If I experienced the behaviour you described I would consider it deliberate griefing. Letting me die on purpose to "teach" me not to pull aggro.
    Guild Leader of Serenity on Bloodiron EU PvP
    I blog at http://stabbedup.blogspot.com/

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Alshyla View Post
    This is the dumbest idea all day.

Punished? Why? They already lose out by leaving a full group in a dungeon. If you don't admit that they are losing out by leaving, then you are basically admitting that grouping with you was a waste of time for everyone to begin with.

Asking for people to be punished because they aren't playing the game they way you want it is ruining other people's enjoyment for your pleasure. And no one plays for your pleasure NOR do they play to be put in a timeout box for 15 minutes to 1 hour.

People can, should and will leave groups all the time. Grouping is a voluntary

- If I see people doing <400 dps in a T2, I will leave.
    - If I see rogues changing from one useless role to another every pull, I will leave.
    - If people don't want to work together, I will leave.
    - If people tell me that certain loots are reserved for other people in the group, I will leave.
    - If people tell me how to play my character, I will leave.
    - If people go AFK for 15 minutes every 5 minutes, I will leave.
    - If people chain wipe on a boss more then 5 times, I will leave.
    - If people come to an expert with a Green essence engine, I will leave.

On what grounds should I be 'punished' for any of that by not being able to Q for 15 min - 1 hour?
    What's your name and server so I never group with you. Players like you are the reason so many people will only run with guildies and friends.

Sure all the stuff that you said makes sense. Except for the fact that ifyou're pugging, you'll probably leave more than you finish, which means you're going to inconvenience group, after group, after group.

If you want a competent group, find a guild with competent people, that play together all the time.

Rift Disciple

Im getting tired of pug experts where a member all of a sudden leaves. I know there is a wide range of excuses to why, but I don't care. If you leave an expert mid way through you should be given a one hour debuff preventing you from entering the LFG tool. People who leave the group do nothing but screw everyone else over.

For example, we had a cleric on Harrow (I wont name names but he knows who he is) in RD that quit after the first boss because he was prestacking hots and drawing aggro. He didnt listen to the tank and just decided to quit without an excuse. We called him out in 50 chat when he started shouting to join another expert, he ended up logging (probably shamed). It screwed the rest of us who had already waited for a group, because we couldnt get a replacement healer. Another example is someone **** queues up gets in dungeon then half way through (on a quick run no less) says they have to log or go help a guildie. Hello, you queued for an expert which you KNOW is time consuming.

In short the game needs a pve deserter buff. And please dont queue if you arent going to commit.
    Congrats, your tank is bad. Why should I be penalized for an hour because I don't want to spend two hours in a dungeon with crap players?

People should learn to play, rather than force good players to waste their time helping out people who just don't give a ****.

I have limited time to play sometimes, and I know I can't always expect a great group in LFG, but I sure as hell shouldn't have to stick around and waste all that time if the group is horrible. You put this in LFG, and I promise all you'll be left with is horrible players.

FYI, your warden knew how to play, your tank did not.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast