+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion boched the wardrobe function IMO

Default Trion boched the wardrobe function IMO

With the current Wardrobes I have to be able to equip it - so if I'm a mage I can't ever put on the leather shoulders that would compliment my shirt better - so only Warriors get to actually have full control over how their character actually looks.

You've improved on a number of things that other games don't do well, why didn't you have it so that even cloth wearers could utilize the plate-braw look that is apparently female warrior armor.
    If you like Rift, or Rifts from Palladium, you'll probably like Ave Molech by me.

You can't put on armor that's not your main type in the wardrobe.

Warriors can only wear plate.

I actually don't like the idea of being able to wear other classes' armor. I think it would make the game a lot less immersive. Maybe as a compromise Trion could implement a wider variety of purely "wardrobe" items?
    On Laethys:

Bethany <Violent Harvest>, Guardian Cleric (Sentinel; Justicar; Druid), 50
    Nianeyna, Defiant Rogue (Ranger), 19
    Cimorene, Guardian Warrior (Paladin), 15
    Anghara, Defiant Mage (Chloromancer),13

Quote Originally Posted by nianeyna View Post
    Maybe as a compromise Trion could implement a wider variety of purely "wardrobe" items?
    That is their current plan. Until they can supply us with enough cosmetic gear, I'd prefer to be able to equip anything.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

But there's no way "equip anything" could be a stopgap measure. If they implemented it it would have to be permanent, because I really can't see people reacting well to having that feature and then not having it. Idk, I'm having a hard time articulating why the idea bugs me so much, but it really does. :/
    On Laethys:

Bethany <Violent Harvest>, Guardian Cleric (Sentinel; Justicar; Druid), 50
    Nianeyna, Defiant Rogue (Ranger), 19
    Cimorene, Guardian Warrior (Paladin), 15
    Anghara, Defiant Mage (Chloromancer),13

I agree with nianeyna. If they did as you suggest Thulium, there would maybe be meltdown at taking away something many would want to keep. I'm sure Trion will do the same as lotro did and keep adding stuff every patch. When lotro introduced their system it was light on gear at first and a lot of people where unhappy. Within a few months they had added a lot of cosmetic gear and people where really happy, same thing here i think.

Soulwalker

Default So here I am

So here I am buying many pieces of gear, leather gear, for my cleric. See, I don't like how every bit of the hauberks are so very well to put it plainly, less brutal at lower levels, and heck even at Higher levels. Upon trying to equip this leather armor to my wardrobe...I get cut off from a nice little message saying it isn't possible... So tell me, who considered this a good idea? I am very curious. Why can't they implement the same rules of wardrobe as LOTRO? Does not seem like they have any problems, and they release cosmetic gear on top of it adding to a rich wardrobe of clothing increasing the questing experience and immersion in to character. Is their possibly a way to learn how to do it? Possibly from a trainer?

+ Reply to Thread