+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Questing at lvl 50 - TRION - please change it

xao
    Soulwalker

Thumbs up Questing at lvl 50 - TRION - please change it

Hi.

I think that doing quests when you can't gain more EXP should be sorted out ,same way like it is in WoW
    (that bloody WoW).

Instead of waisted EXP, gain more gold, pure and simple.

I'm not sure if there is a similar post ,so please forgive me if I repeated it.

Rift Chaser

Default yeah I made this post already

Quote Originally Posted by xao View Post
    Hi.

I think that doing quests when you can't gain more EXP should be sorted out ,same way like it is in WoW
    (that bloody WoW).

Instead of waisted EXP, gain more gold, pure and simple.

I'm not sure if there is a similar post ,so please forgive me if I repeated it.
    But hey, I agree with you and it never hurts to repeat ones self

and pay retroactively

You want even more money than we already get for doing the daily quests and whatnot?

Seems fine to me - if income increases they'll have to increase some costs to try to fight inflation.

Sword of Telara

I am alvl 50 newb desparetely tryin to get money for a mount.
    PLEASE kind sir or ma'am, could you tell me what dailies yeild cash?
    any help appreciated, i cannot take riding this skittish yarnasaur much longer

Telaran

I agree something needs to change. However, inflation in this game is already insane and with little to buy once you have mounts and T2 gear, adding increased gold/plat rewards for quest would be a bad move.

What they should add is reputation to non-daily quest if you are maximum level. If not rep, than perhaps some other sort of non trade-able currency that can be used on something similar to the Lucky Coins, like pets or a mount, costumes, etc.

Shield of Telara

I haven't been doing much but PvPing lately, and I'm usually hovering around 2 plat lol. I'd love to be able to do a daily and get more than 30 gold.

I dont know how people manage to have P problems TBH....

I just dropped 200p on guile of death or whatever that event transformation thing is called because i was ******ed and didnt egt it during the event.

a week after that i had another 100p to by my 5th roll and made over 120p since last Wednesday by just running dungeons and turning in those daily repeatables for artifacts and outfiter pouch. The epic artifact chest always gives a blue artifact that sell for 10-20p a pop in half a day. Outfiter thing gives eternal dust that i use to make epic leather pants which sell 20-40p depending on argument.

Itys not even like you have to farm world mobs for essences day and night to make money in this game... (which i wish we had to) i miss good old mob grind with PvP elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    I dont know how people manage to have P problems TBH....
    I don't use the AH or /trade channels. I use what crafting materials I harvest to level up my crafters. I don't run experts. My characters are always broke.
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-24-2011 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    I don't use the AH or /trade channels. I use what crafting materials I harvest to level up my crafters. I don't run experts. My characters are always broke.
    well... hmmmm... yeah.... ok ok.... i got this....

Someone offered me a job but i refused because i didnt like it... and now i have no money to pay my mortgage. wtf?

See what i did there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Shield of Telara

well... hmmmm... yeah.... ok ok.... i got this....

Someone offered me a job but i refused because i didnt like it... and now i have no money to pay my mortgage. wtf?

See what i did there?
    Uh, I'm playing a game, to, you know... play? Why would I do something I don't like when I'm playing?

Besides, I do everything else that you listed except selling materials on the AH (because I use the materials for my crafters), and I don't run experts.

Shield of Telara

See what i did there?
    Also, how you compare playing a game to working at a job to pay mortgage baffles me. Are you one of those people who play this game 40 hours a week?
    Last edited by Stevoli; 05-24-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Sword of Telara

Ive kept and collected every artifact I didnt have already..i guess i shoulda sold em all.

So the eggshell dailies are the dailies people refer to when they say making money from dailies?
    basically the daily itself gives no money or very little, its the reward that you then sell that generates the cash? so 6 toons x one blue artifact per day each at 10p...60p/day...okay yeah...makes sense, even if my low level mules take 2 days to get teh eggs instead of one thats a tidy profit.

Forgive me if that sounds naive, first toon here on first MMO, never played Wow.

are there other non event dailies that can be farmed for cash in a similar way?

thanks so much or the help!!

xao
    Soulwalker

Default Non Trade

I agree with the idea of some non-trade reward or increased reputation at least with the quests that give it. Some quests could give some funny rewards like piece of gear that will turn your look into a running Bart Simpson ( perhaps not the best choice lol ) or a pet after few quest tokens....

What I mean is just to make it worth the effort.

Plane Touched

Many dailies in this game are not worth doing at all. Crafting dailies keep losing your gold and the only reward as plaques (extremely low chance) yields nothing for some of the crafting, since the AH prices of those crafted items are not much different from the costs, and you are also risking of losing gold from AH deposits.
    Single dailies at separated quest hubs are just pointless. You have to spend nearly 30 gold for transportation to go there for just one daily that reward like 33 golds ... what's the point? Are they presuming everyone has that superb GM power to move around without any cost? They are so lazy to create a proper calculation program that all transportation costs are based on the sum of cost via Sanctum/Meridan, which makes the cost so expensive that even traveling to a nearby quest hub in the same zone costs you 25g or so.

I have never felt so when I spend 3 years in WoW, doing dailies for all my alts everyday. Crafting dailies always give you something worthy, plus enough golds to make you feel like you 'worked and were paid' for that. Daily quests have good population balancing so you don't have to compete with others so harshly, most of them can be done quickly, so you have time to do something else, like running instances, harvesting. In Rift, these dailies are not just worth doing.

If you worry about inflation, just add something that will cost more to absorb those golds, like epic accessories (T2.5 qualities) that can be bought from vendors with sufficient notoriety and other things. No money flow, no chance to gain gold, no way to spend gold, then no point to stay.
    Last edited by comet361; 05-24-2011 at 02:44 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast