Closed Thread

Thread: Regarding Trion staff actions & opinions;

Telaran

Default Regarding Trion staff actions & opinions;

Before you form an opinion about my thread, you need to understand; I've been looking around the forums. I've submitted probably two dozen reports. I played WoW on and off since it went retail and i know why it litterally DIES every time another MMORPG is released
    ( Age of Conan, Warhammer, Aion - and they weren't even as balanced/polished/enjoyable as Rift!)

I saw this comment being made as a justification for shutting down a thread just a few minutes go, given by Gill at http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2475712
    Hi everyone,

We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Now, this thread was closed without being answered. For the sake of a few trolls (Who weren't disciplined for their actions, mind you) the thread was closed and a paying customer was rudely cut off.

I think Trion and many other companies mis-understand a few things about customer expectations and demands when we pay for a good or service. After World of Warcraft, the general consensus is that we demand Trion staff ensure that trolls and slackers who ruin other peoples' gaming experience, get banned. At the very least, warned and temporarily suspended to encourage them to fix their attitude.

We don't care that these are "your" forums or that this is "your" game, because honestly it's not.
    It belongs to the people who pay your wages and the people who spread awareness of it and convince people to quite WoW or other games to come and play Rift.

If we wound back time 10 years and Trion offered this game BEFORE blizzard brought WoW out, yes, you might have a legitimate reason to act like Blizzard. But don't make any mistakes about your circumstances here Trion; You're not Blizzard. You can't afford to get complacent and irritate your clients or give condescending replies to them. You can't afford to bow in to the pressure from lazy slackers and make the game easier and you can't afford to let trolls/greifers/bots/gold spammers infest this game.

You know why? Because you're not Blizzard. If you want any reasonable chance at making a success out of Rift, you need to get your priorities straight. You're not guaranteed to get 12 million odd subscribers like Blizzard, because this is Rift not World of Warcraft. You don't have a 5 year head start on your competitors. You don't have the monetary backing power of 12 million subscribers to make you confident that you can ignore social and community issues like griefers and trolls or lazy forum moderators.

So this is your wake up call. Start taking yourselves very seriously and start really examining how different you really are to Blizzard. A few weeks ago i would have said that you were very different, however since the last few patches, authenticator screw ups, amount of trolls/griefers i've seen in game and the behaviour of official Trion staff on these forums, i've got to admit. I'm dissapointed.

The game is solid. But you're managing it wrong. It's time to wake up and stop thinking you can act like Blizzard and lead a Communist Regime where nobodies' opinion counts bar your own.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Phoenix View Post
    Before you form an opinion about my thread, you need to understand; I've been looking around the forums. I've submitted probably two dozen reports. I played WoW on and off since it went retail and i know why it litterally DIES every time another MMORPG is released
    ( Age of Conan, Warhammer, Aion - and they weren't even as balanced/polished/enjoyable as Rift!)

I saw this comment being made as a justification for shutting down a thread just a few minutes go, given by Gill at http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2475712

Now, this thread was closed without being answered. For the sake of a few trolls (Who weren't disciplined for their actions, mind you) the thread was closed and a paying customer was rudely cut off.

I think Trion and many other companies mis-understand a few things about customer expectations and demands when we pay for a good or service. After World of Warcraft, the general consensus is that we demand Trion staff ensure that trolls and slackers who ruin other peoples' gaming experience, get banned. At the very least, warned and temporarily suspended to encourage them to fix their attitude.

We don't care that these are "your" forums or that this is "your" game, because honestly it's not.
    It belongs to the people who pay your wages and the people who spread awareness of it and convince people to quite WoW or other games to come and play Rift.

If we wound back time 10 years and Trion offered this game BEFORE blizzard brought WoW out, yes, you might have a legitimate reason to act like Blizzard. But don't make any mistakes about your circumstances here Trion; You're not Blizzard. You can't afford to get complacent and irritate your clients or give condescending replies to them. You can't afford to bow in to the pressure from lazy slackers and make the game easier and you can't afford to let trolls/greifers/bots/gold spammers infest this game.

You know why? Because you're not Blizzard. If you want any reasonable chance at making a success out of Rift, you need to get your priorities straight. You're not guaranteed to get 12 million odd subscribers like Blizzard, because this is Rift not World of Warcraft. You don't have a 5 year head start on your competitors. You don't have the monetary backing power of 12 million subscribers to make you confident that you can ignore social and community issues like griefers and trolls or lazy forum moderators.

So this is your wake up call. Start taking yourselves very seriously and start really examining how different you really are to Blizzard. A few weeks ago i would have said that you were very different, however since the last few patches, authenticator screw ups, amount of trolls/griefers i've seen in game and the behaviour of official Trion staff on these forums, i've got to admit. I'm dissapointed.

The game is solid. But you're managing it wrong. It's time to wake up and stop thinking you can act like Blizzard and lead a Communist Regime where nobodies' opinion counts bar your own.
    How do you know who wasn't and was not disciplined for their actions? Do you work at Trion? I also think that Trion is a little trigger happy with the lock down thread button (I have a post in the off-topic forums about it called "Seriously with the Censorship") but statements that you can't back up with any shred of evidence really weaken your argument.

I actually like it when they shut down posts where people are continually arguing. Maybe posters should learn how to be more constructive with their feedback to one another. Too many people have become accustomed to sitting behind a computer screen and thinking they can act like a bad@ss.

Telaran

Maybe posters should learn how to be more constructive with their feedback to one another
    Why should we? The thread in question was the technical support thread. The opening poster phrased their post rather well, when you consider their anger at shelling out money and being unable to play the game AT ALL.

Who the hell made you or Trion God and decided that "Constructive Feedback" was the only legitimate way to communicate with Trion? Get off your high horse for once and quit trying to troll people long enough to realise that there's no such thing as non-constructive feedback.

Wether it's framed in anger, frustration, boredom or calmness, feedback is just feedback. Phrasing it politely isn't a priority in a customers' mind when they've just been ripped off $60, so yes you see many people writing with broken or poor english. Many write with an angry tone yes.

Does this make it bad feed back? Hell no. In fact, it makes it excellent feedback because you find out from how they phrase their posts, just how agitated and angry they are at having these little bumps and slights happen to them - and ergo, just how much they WANT to play the game.

This is the entire point of including the phrase "wake up" in my opening post. If you can't see the facts of the matter from the diplomatic circle-jerking and buzz words like "Constructive Feedback", you don't deserve to be running a company or posting here on the forums. It's that simple.

statements that you can't back up with any shred of evidence really weaken your argument.
    I don't have to provide evidence. That's the funny thing about not making a claim in the first place - there's no claim to provide evidence FOR.

Rift Disciple

Why should we? The thread in question was the technical support thread. The opening poster phrased their post rather well, when you consider their anger at shelling out money and being unable to play the game AT ALL.

Who the hell made you or Trion God and decided that "Constructive Feedback" was the only legitimate way to communicate with Trion? Get off your high horse for once and quit trying to troll people long enough to realise that there's no such thing as non-constructive feedback.

Wether it's framed in anger, frustration, boredom or calmness, feedback is just feedback. Phrasing it politely isn't a priority in a customers' mind when they've just been ripped off $60, so yes you see many people writing with broken or poor english. Many write with an angry tone yes.

Does this make it bad feed back? Hell no. In fact, it makes it excellent feedback because you find out from how they phrase their posts, just how agitated and angry they are at having these little bumps and slights happen to them - and ergo, just how much they WANT to play the game.

This is the entire point of including the phrase "wake up" in my opening post. If you can't see the facts of the matter from the diplomatic circle-jerking and buzz words like "Constructive Feedback", you don't deserve to be running a company or posting here on the forums. It's that simple.

I don't have to provide evidence. That's the funny thing about not making a claim in the first place - there's no claim to provide evidence FOR.
    Please find what people generally consider constructive feedback here (it's called constructive feedback for dummies so pretty much any idiot can probably understand it):

http://www.ask.com/bar?q=constructiv...=1306258639466

Also, regarding your statement that how you provide feedback doesn't matter I think most people will tell you that, fortunately, it does. If you go to your boss for a raise and say, "Hey, what the @#$#?! I work my @ss off at this place and don't get paid @#$@! Give me a raise!" How do you think that will go?

The same can be said for yelling and screaming of irritated customers - it's just noise. However, if you went to your boss and said, "Hey, you know i've been here two years. Since I'm implemented our new production line we've increased our productivity by 20% and revenues by 28%. I'd really like to talk about, given this increase in performance, that could be compensated for in terms of pay." Which do you think is going to work better?

In the heat of the moment feedback isn't effective. Also, as far as you know a technical service agency could have contacted him via a PM.

Finally, you claim you're not claiming anything. However, your post is a claim that Trion actions & behaviors are somehow inadequate and, yes, unfortunately those of us in the real world need to back up our claims.

Telaran

Failure #1.
    Please find what people generally consider
    Customers - and myself - don't care what is "generally considered". This is a Vendor to Customer relationship. If you piss customers off with poor business practices and false advertising, you should expect some abuse. You deserve it and any attempt at trying to claim otherwise is a complete cop-out load of crap.

Failure #2.
    I think most people will tell you
    "Most people" are also hypocrits. They will claim things and then react completely differently when they're slighted themselves. Oh look, here's an example of YOU doing it!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2472734

Failure #3.
    The same can be said for yelling and screaming of irritated customers - it's just noise.
    That beleif is why World of Warcraft practically dies every time a new MMORPG comes out. Sure their forums have quite a few trolls and nothing, nothing is done to discipline them or thin them out. But that's not a supporting argument of the whole "yelling and screaming = noise" beleif. That's a supporting argument towards saying Blizzard are selfish pricks and just gave up trying to even listen to their customers, because they're lazy sods.

Failure #4.
    claim that Trion actions & behaviors are somehow inadequate
    Read the link. Go on. It doesn't bite. While you're there, ponder over how your laziness got you owned 4 times in 1 post as well as made you look mentally challenged and get you reported.

Expect a ban for trolling, while you're in this mood of intentionally trying to piss people off ^^
    Last edited by Pure Phoenix; 05-24-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Rift Master

If you cant post your opinion constructively then why is anyone going to take you seriously or even read your thoughts on ANYTHING? It is simply going to get you banned and ignored by the people you are trying and failing to communicate with.

Rift Disciple

[QUOTE=Pure Phoenix;2479593]Failure #1.
    Failure #3.

That beleif is why World of Warcraft practically dies every time a new MMORPG comes out. Sure their forums have quite a few trolls and nothing, nothing is done to discipline them or thin them out. But that's not a supporting argument of the whole "yelling and screaming = noise" beleif. That's a supporting argument towards saying Blizzard are selfish pricks and just gave up trying to even listen to their customers, because they're lazy sods.

[QUOTE]

You're funny. I like how you are all knowing and know who has received and who will receive what, if any, disciplinary action. Your third argument alone show how absolutely uneducated you are on the topic. WoW has 11.4 million subscribers. Despite the fact that it has recently, for the first time in its history, reported a subscribed loss it still slaughters any other MMO as far as the number of players it has. You, my friend, are fear monger.

Are you one of those people who constantly uses the "I pay your salary" line every time they want to get something out of a customer service type of employee?
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

Their Game, Their Rules.. case closed
    You LICENSE the game with a monthly sub..its not yours

Don't like the developers rules,cancel subscription.. leave!!
    Nuff Said..

Cheers

Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. As explained in the post quoted originally, we ask that if you have any questions or concerns about action taken on the forum, to email in with the provided email address. This is explained further in our Code of Conduct as well:

Discussing Disciplinary Actions: We understand that sometimes people may have questions or concerns about a moderation disciplinary action, or wish to appeal a warning or infraction. We’re happy to discuss and review specific moderation actions, but we ask that you please email us at community@riftgame.com to do so. We do not allow discussion of specific moderation actions on our forums. Also, please remember to be respectful to the RIFT Moderation Team. They are doing their best to make your experience on the official RIFT forums a great one.
    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!
    Please be sure to follow the Code of Conduct at all times when using these forums.
    Please feel free to contact the Rift Community Team at community@riftgame.com if you have any questions or concerns about this message or its contents.

Closed Thread