+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can we change the autmatic bag search when opening your bags?

Soulwalker

Default Can we change the autmatic bag search when opening your bags?

Unless, is there a way to turn off this feature?

When I click to open all my bags, the automatic bag search makes me come to a complete stop before I get rows of directional letters, and all the bags go grey. Could we change this feature to only search when you click on the magnifying glass and not happen every time you open your bags.

My scenarios usually involve me running for life from mobs in game and remembering a health potion (that I did not move to an action bar) drop a few mobs back.

As I near death and work on my helmet parry, I open my bags to find the potion, and the auto bag search starts to fill up with the directional key input as I flee for my life.

Unavoidably, I see “wwwwwwww” in the search window, and all the bags go grey.

Sometimes I find it amidst bags of grey items; otherwise, I see my old friend the healer.

Perhaps, we could change this so the bags just open, and I could click to use the search option. This would make my in game tactical retreats more successful and save me money on my helmet repairs. Having to come to a complete stop anytime I want to look in my bags is unnecessary. I can only imagine how many times myself and others will browse their bags. So, smoothing out one minor detail in the game could go a long way at least for me anyway.

My suggestion only shows how much I enjoy the game and plan on being around awhile; otherwise, I wouldn’t have taken the time in the first place.

Plane Touched

/signed.

I made the suggestion to add an option to disable search (instead just open the bags) months ago, and just like many other suggestions, simply get ignored. I have never used the search in my bag, and I think it is pointless. After all, it is absolutely quicker to look through your bags rather than typing in the item names for search, not to mention that hardly anyone would recall the item name more quickly than they know where they put them or whether they have them, unless you have like 100 bags! I think they left it so because they think 'I have written that search program, I want it to stay although no one is using it.' Sort of programmers' logic for self-satisfaction.

I don't think this is a default setting. My bags dont auto-search when I open them.

I would recomend looking through your settings for an option

Telaran

Press B instead of the "Search bags" icon by the bags..

Sez

Don't turn with your keyboard?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Don't turn with your keyboard?
    Can't use the reins because I'm leaning so far off the side of my horse that if I let go I'll fall off!

My bags open without the search function, which seems only to be alert when I press the key for it.

+ Reply to Thread