+ Reply to Thread

Thread: VK reflect needs to reflect 100% damage done not just a small amount of air damage.

Default VK reflect needs to reflect 100% damage done not just a small amount of air damage.

Void Knights get a "reflect" that can reflect a miniscule amount of air damage back at someone who does damage to them.
    I suggest Void Knights should get a 100% reflect non-physical damage that lasts like 10, 20 or 30 seconds depending upon the number of points they have when cast.

This damage reflect will make the Void Knight what it is supposed to be, a threat to mana using callings but not overly powerful against other callings. To keep with the concept of the Void Knight being a Tank soul, the damage reflected would increase threat.

Put the reflect on a 1 minute cool down so that it cannot be kept up perpetually.

Melee Tanks need some form of defense against casters; the Void Knight is already a (poor) threat to mana callings, by upgrading the reflect to a 100% and the points to allocate time rather than amount of damage reflected it makes the Void Knight useful.

Against a physical opponent, the Void Knight is still at a disadvantage but at least they can help their team by handling the non-physical opponents.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Um…you know how broken this would be in PvP, right?

Imagine Mr. Mage who could “reflect” back 100% of the physical damage you did to him for 30 SECONDS, once every minute, all the while lobbing you with spells of his own. You can do nothing for those 30 seconds except run away screaming, since all your damage would be reflected. That sounds fair.

There’s a reason these “100% reflect” abilities are generally on long cooldowns and only up for a few seconds at most.
    ~~If you like to protect players, roll a tank. If you like doing damage, roll a dps. If you want the power to choose who lives and who dies, it's probably a good thing you're playing a video game.~~

I think the person meant one charge that would last 10/20/30 seconds depending on how many resources were spent to cast it. Once it reflected a single spell, it would fall off and not be usable again until it is off cooldown.

If the person meant constant reflects for 30 seconds, then that is pretty broken. However, if he/she meant my above description then it would do more to even things out and not be overly powerful, since a bulk of its power would be in timing and could only be used to mitigate a single attack.

It would add more strategy for casters too. If the VK uses this CD the caster could then use a trash spell that would be reflected back for next to no damage, and then allow them to go all out on the VK for the next minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    I think the person meant one charge that would last 10/20/30 seconds depending on how many resources were spent to cast it. Once it reflected a single spell, it would fall off and not be usable again until it is off cooldown.

If the person meant constant reflects for 30 seconds, then that is pretty broken. However, if he/she meant my above description then it would do more to even things out and not be overly powerful, since a bulk of its power would be in timing and could only be used to mitigate a single attack.

It would add more strategy for casters too. If the VK uses this CD the caster could then use a trash spell that would be reflected back for next to no damage, and then allow them to go all out on the VK for the next minute.
    That's what I thought at first, too, Gawd. But then the request for 10/20/30 second duration doesn't make a lot of sense. If you are fighting a caster (or doing ANYTHING in PvP) you're going to get hit at least once every 10 seconds. A 20 or 30 second duration would be completely wasted. It would never be up that long...unless you accidentally clicked it immediately after rez while you run back towards the fray. :-p
    ~~If you like to protect players, roll a tank. If you like doing damage, roll a dps. If you want the power to choose who lives and who dies, it's probably a good thing you're playing a video game.~~

Shadowlander

I am sorry about, i will mention this naughty word, WOW

in wow, you can give two points to reflect ability to be able to fully reflect up to two nonphysics spells back to the caster and cooldown was 1 or 2 minutes i think and it was active for 5 seconds only. It was very brutal defense agains casters ( mages ), who had brutal damage but they were clever .. they just cast fake spell .. then cancel ( 5 seconds of reflect gone ) then cast again and hit. it was about tactic, that i like

+ Reply to Thread