+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jusitcar Tanking Idea

Rift Disciple

Default Jusitcar Tanking Idea

just a little about me 1st, im MT Leading GSB and 10 man instances (PuG ;-))

12,000 hp +
    24% parry ( i know cap 20% .. i just cant reduce lol)
    45% block (with spell)
    using Cab / Just / Shammy spec....
    Name: NaZReD
    Server: BloodIron
    Guild: Drunk dragons

This is just a little idea i've had (im sorry if someone else has thought about this but i just came up with it this morning)

we have the Block skill using conviction why not have a magic resistance same idea?

convert convictions into resistances but them limit our convictions i.e.

4 convictions are max.

build up 4 convictions

Transfer 1 into resistance = 20 for each resistance
    Transfer 2 into resistance = 40 for each resistance
    Transfer 3 into resistance = 60 for each resistance
    Transfer 4 into resistance = 80 for each resistance

at each stage then it will reduce the amount of convictions you can build up.

i.e. at 4 transfers into magic resistance i wouldnt be able to generate healing spell or block spell
    untill i reduced my resistance.

so ideally 2 in resistances would be idea for normal tanking T2 / trash etc,
    allow 40 magic resistance
    1 conviction spare for block
    1 for big heal

for big boss fights last boss in GSB or even death blast etc from DM ( i know been nerf'ed badly)
    Stack 3 tranfers into resistances (+60 to all)
    would allow one more for blocking or healing

or if really alot of magic and you dont need to block at all
    you could stack up to 4 resistances (+80 to all)
    and you couldnt use Block.

Please give me your feed back

Soulwalker

Here are some solutions: Remove useless abilities Doctrine of Valiance, Respendant Embrace, and Humilty.

Buff Doctrine of Authority

Magical Attunement - 20% resistance gained for each conviction charged.

Reflective Shield - Reflects 50% of magical damage for 15 seconds. CD 1 minute.

Strength of Presence (51 point) - Damaging abilities that would do more damage than 75% of the cleric's health is reduced by 50%. This can not occur again for 10 seconds.

Doctrine of Resilience - Magical damage is reduced by 25% for 15 seconds. Cooldown 12 seconds. Uses a conviction.

Force of Will - Cavalier, Reparation, and Salvation are undispellable.
    Last edited by Sapphires; 05-24-2011 at 12:39 PM.

Rift Disciple

Respendant Embrace,
    why that useless?.. doesnt that increase all healing for an extra 50%?..

i think you knida make us Over powered if you do all what you just said,

i dont want cleric to be an easy class to play like a warrior tank, i just was a skilled approach to dealing with magic damage,

with all you just said would make us unstopable in PVP flag carrying (which would be a Over powered)
    and duel would be a joke also

i dont want to Over power cleric i just want us to have a chance using a skilled approach that just giving magic resistance as a standard buff

Soulwalker

why not just have it either block buff or magic resistance buff instead of reducing conviction that way u can still build up for healing but only have block or magic resist up and any 1 time

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tsem View Post
    why not just have it either block buff or magic resistance buff instead of reducing conviction that way u can still build up for healing but only have block or magic resist up and any 1 time
    Well most boss fights do both Magic and phys so you would be weak still, we alreayd block alot less than Warrior base for me like 32% + spell 15%

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by nazred View Post
    why that useless?.. doesnt that increase all healing for an extra 50%?..
    That's very nice on paper but quite a few problem:
    - It doesn't stop big hits/1-shots to happen
    - When you pop it before/during a burst, your healer is already going crazy about your HP bar and the bonus mostly make more overheal happen
    - 10 sec every 2 min is maybe a bit long for such a weak cooldown

If that spell description was "Reduces all damage taken by 33% for 10 seconds" (which is the same on paper when you don't consider the first 2 points) it would be awesome.
    Same for the justiciar absorb (Just Defense), if the absorb amount was related to our HP (like riftstalker ones are) it would also become an awesome cooldown.

About magic resist changes, I like the OP's idea. But just giving % magic damage reduction would be a better one. We can't rely on resists for tanking the big magic spells from mobs and letting us stack resists too easily just opens up for potential imbalance in pvp.

Doctrine of Resilience - Magical damage is reduced by 25% for 15 seconds. Cooldown 12 seconds. Uses a conviction.
    Or just replace DoV by that and we won't need to talk about it again

Rift Disciple

Healing going crazy then sumit else is wrong..

it there to help top up when you are low on HP.. not when you got full hp..

i personally would be gutted if you remove this spell.

and please dont make it soo eays i just add a spell to a marco and bang... i can survive magic attacks

give me a system more complex where i need to think about my actions not just button mash 1 button ;)

Prophet of Telara

resplendant's embrace main problems imo are:
    a)it costs a gcd to activate, meaning that you LOSE mitigration when you use the cooldown (since you dont selfheal at that gcd)
    b)it does nothing for that 1,5-3sec that you need to survive, it is a cd that activates AFTER the healer lands his heal, and in most cases after the heal lands you dont need a cd either way, you just need it for that split second befoore you are healed.

for me a simple good change would be:

remove from the gcd+add a 2k absorbtion shield on it. OR
    remove from the gcd+make it 1min cd instead of 2.

for referance, a 2min cd for some tanks can mean 3sec total immunity^^ compare ours to theirs and see

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by shroudb View Post
    resplendant's embrace main problems imo are:
    a)it costs a gcd to activate, meaning that you LOSE mitigration when you use the cooldown (since you dont selfheal at that gcd)
    b)it does nothing for that 1,5-3sec that you need to survive, it is a cd that activates AFTER the healer lands his heal, and in most cases after the heal lands you dont need a cd either way, you just need it for that split second befoore you are healed.

for me a simple good change would be:

remove from the gcd+add a 2k absorbtion shield on it. OR
    remove from the gcd+make it 1min cd instead of 2.

for referance, a 2min cd for some tanks can mean 3sec total immunity^^ compare ours to theirs and see
    That just hits me as poor knowledge of fights.. the buff also effects your own healing so. you can pop with macro then instant heal 4 times.. while still w8ing extra heal's,

good place's to use this can be

GSB 2nd boss (below 25%)

RD the pack of 5 mobs just before 3rd boss

DM 2nd from last boss when you are entering 25% stage and you want to do achivement kill boss not killing any add's

also when fcuk ups happens you can use it on..

Death raid rifts when your debuff runs out and mobs isnt dead yet
    DM 2nd boss if you miss interupt you can use to handle Death blast's
    RD last boss if healer is stunn'ed and you are a lazy ***** like me and dont run from enrages section any more cuz you paryy most of it ;-)

soo many places you can use this

+ Reply to Thread