+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Small suggestion Trion, consider stopping the content updates......

Default Small suggestion Trion, consider stopping the content updates......

and start tweaking what you have currently in the game atm.

There is so much content in this game that just doesn't even need to be looked at or touched. Ever.

Inscribed Sourcestone Greater Essence class specific rewards is one, most of these, almost all of them are useless for the amount of time required to obtain them. 50 Inscribed Sourcestones is fine if you make it worth it and currently, they really aren't worth it. People are better off spending the Sourcestones on lessers.

Perfect example here for this is the Backstab Greater Essence - 18 dmg increase. This was fine until Patch 1.2 added a 6 second cooldown timer onto the skill and changed it from instant reuse. The Essence should be adjusted to be on par with how the skill works now, alot of the other essences also are a complete waste, not even worth looking at some.......Rift Stalker, 300 armor?!?!? Seriously? Bard, Coda of Restoration - 40 more healing power....useless.

Using the examples in point form:
    1. Riftstalker - Why would I use the 300 armor over a essence that could shield me or increase my total HP therefore increasing the amount I can overall shield myself using Riftstalker skills?
    2. Bard - Why would I use the 40 more healing on Coda of Restoration over an essence that can proc a heal on anyone in the group for x amount of healing over x amount of seconds? Why would I use it over a essence that could potentially increase the groups DPS by 5%?

Consumables, most of these in the game are worthless and not worth using, most share the same cool downs which makes having multiple types of consumables just clutter in your bags. You hold on to these consumables for those rare and very uncommon situations where you go, "Hmmm that would be handy..." but you never really use them and they just rot in your bags with the intention of one day using them.

Please tidy the game up Trion, there seems to be alot of wasted itemization and loose ends or things that just don't seem meaningful for the time put in to gain these rewards.

This is a very brief run down, I don't have time to go into great depth and I am sure there is more things that people would like to chim on on.
    Last edited by Taemek; 05-24-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Soulwalker

How about fix this AND add more content. Stagnation kills MMOs

Things you are talking about take 2 min to fix.... they don't need to stop updating content :P

As for your points.... i do agree with worthless rogue graters but what useless consumables are you talking about?
    Weapon stones are just OP! Agility potions are great, +10ap is ok and HP pots are HP pots.
    All of the rift consumables are awesome for PvP... i really dont see a problem there.
    Last edited by Blays; 05-24-2011 at 05:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Things you are talking about take 2 min to fix.... they don't need to stop updating content :P

As for your points.... i do agree with worthless rogue graters but what useless consumables are you talking about?
    Weapon stones are just OP! Agility potions are great, +10ap is ok and HP pots are HP pots.
    All of the rift consumables are awesome for PvP... i really dont see a problem there.
    I agree, but I was very vague in my examples, this is just some of the stagnate game content just wasting away.

Telaran

I agree with the OP, but rather than stop with the updates... start working on some of the social side of the game.

Would love to have the ability to play music in game or have the personal vendor system Aion had.

Just for those days when you are bored but still want to hang out in game.

I and alot in my guild feel that the emphasis put onto Rifting has become to great now. Too much focus is required to enjoy Rifting imho now.

You nerfed the amount of Planarite gain from Rifts, even with the Guild Perk maxed out for extra Planarite gain, its still poor compaired to what it was.

You nerfed the amount of Inscribed Sourcestones that can be gained now to only 3 per day and thats if you are lucky enough to just happened to be up to date on the daily quest and online when the flood of people just happen to be doing them on said server.

You have not increased the potency of said Inscribed Sourcestone class specific Greater Essences but yet are still expecting people to pay 50 Sourcestones for them by dropping peoples ability to gain Sourcestones by way too much imho.

The changes to Rifting we feel is killing the fun factor of it, post 1.2 Rifting was a good substitute for waiting on a group to form or just filling in time, now, it demands a much larger time sink which tends to be no where near as rewarding as other time sinks on the same level of difficulty.

Please look at these changes you have done Trion and consider buffing the loot and rewards especially from Inscribed Sourcestone Greater Essences.
    Last edited by Taemek; 05-30-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taemek View Post
    I and alot in my guild feel that the emphasis put onto Rifting has become to great now. Too much focus is required to enjoy Rifting imho now.

You nerfed the amount of Planarite gain from Rifts, even with the Guild Perk maxed out for extra Planarite gain, its still poor compaired to what it was.

You nerfed the amount of Inscribed Sourcestones that can be gained now to only 3 per day and thats if you are lucky enough to just happened to be up to date on the daily quest and online when the flood of people just happen to be doing them on said server.

You have not increased the potency of said Inscribed Sourcestone class specific Greater Essences but yet are still expecting people to pay 50 Sourcestones for them by dropping peoples ability to gain Sourcestones by way too much imho.

The changes to Rifting we feel is killing the fun factor of it, post 1.2 Rifting was a good substitute for waiting on a group to form or just filling in time, now, it demands a much larger time sink which tends to be no where near as rewarding as other time sinks on the same level of difficulty.

Please look at these changes you have done Trion and consider buffing the loot and rewards especially from Inscribed Sourcestone Greater Essences.
    Totally agree, the focus has changed since patch. Have faith tho, i think Trion are still in the stages of trying to find the balance.

No major game company has the same team working on balance as well as content. What they come up for in future balance patches is done parallel to another team doing our next world event, raid, and dungeon.

If changes are resulting in things being overlooked, then that's not a fault of adding content, that's a fault of those making the changes not making them retroactive to other aspects, or that the soul designer and the gear designer aren't communicating worth a damn.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Rift Disciple

i agree with stopping the content updates, but only because i need them to update and improve the current cosmetic content.

better toon customization
    better movement animations
    better combat animations
    better spell gfx
    better looking mounts
    better and brighter colors
    better gear sets
    better costumes

i need what im looking at to be better first..im getting bored not having anything interesting or exciting to look at.

the rest of the game is fine..except we need more and better rewards from rifts/invasions. and premade groups in pvp needs to stop (have a look at wow for explanation of why). the devs seem to not understand what their own game was supposed to be about..we have these "rifts" the game is even called "rift"..but theyre focusing on instances..why have rifts at all if youre not gonna make them the main focus of a game thats called "Rift"?
    Last edited by Minty Freshness; 05-30-2011 at 09:47 AM.
    “People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.”- -Edmund Burke

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."- -Padme Amidala

Well, Inscribed Sourcestone rewards are being upgraded next patch.

Good job Trion, looking forward to more tweaks to exsisting content in the future.

+ Reply to Thread