+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DKP for Rift?

Default DKP for Rift?

This was originally posted on another thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...quot-Need-quot.

I was thinking something like a DKP system for Need rolls. When you defeat endboss you gain some points. When you win a wf you gain some points. When you get an achievement you get some points. When you meet objectives in wf you get some points. This way a person seeking an upgrade may get it. A person wanting to Runebreak an item may get it but might not want to spend as many dkp as someone who wants the upgrade. A person who just wants the platinum for selling may get it but will be probably less willing to spend DKP on it or would quickly lose their DKP. If no one wants to spend dkp they can chose greed that has same loot rules as in game. If the DKP offered for a need item is a tie then it should have the same need roll as in game but for only the players that offered the same high bid. If a person loses the bid on DKP they should be able to keep their DKP. The winner should have their DKP deducted.

Fair loot distribution seems to be a concern http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...m-Needs-update, http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...Roll-cool-down,
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...ront-BOP-Epics, http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...gible-Callings.

I would love to get ideas pro and con on this suggestion (if you dont like the idea please explain why).
    Thank You

Just add ADDONS to RIft . Customize UI is the best what u can give us in MMO , everyone has own imagine of his character's UI . Add addons for raids , buffs/debuffs frames/DPS/DKP/Layout UI etc

DKP is not that fair when you <player> join only dungeons via LFG tool once every... 4-5 hours, while others may do warfronts all over the day. Or what about casual players who play dungeons once a day? They'd have way fewer points than the ones who run several dungeons a day.

Not gonna happen in the base game. You can still do this thing by hand in the guild though.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

The NBG system is simply to save time. Everyone used NBG before it was added to any sort of automated loot distribution, but instead of just clicking need/greed, we used to have to stop and discuss whether or not someone needed something.

It's not supposed to be a DKP system. DKP is for guilds and raiding and there are dozens of different systems.

Quote Originally Posted by elegos87 View Post
    DKP is not that fair when you <player> join only dungeons via LFG tool once every... 4-5 hours, while others may do warfronts all over the day. Or what about casual players who play dungeons once a day? They'd have way fewer points than the ones who run several dungeons a day.

Not gonna happen in the base game. You can still do this thing by hand in the guild though.
    The system would reward veteran players first but eventually these people will not need the loot as an upgrade and would not want to waste points on gear that only supplies a little money. They probably would want to save their DKP on upgrades. I feel that this system would help casuals because if they can only run one dungeon a day they probably dont have the gear that is dropped. The other people will just want to accomulate the dkp for Raids or Best in slots. The ratio between wf and dungeons may have to be looked at but I am certain there can be a compromise.

Just another aspect of the game that is being killed by the lack of addons. There are web based DKP systems out there, but they require participation by every raider in your guild. That tends to work for hardcore raiding guilds but not for casual guilds. Trion really needs to quit dragging their feet on this issue. Either allow addons or make a definitive announcement that they're not going to allow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Numtini View Post
    The NBG system is simply to save time. Everyone used NBG before it was added to any sort of automated loot distribution, but instead of just clicking need/greed, we used to have to stop and discuss whether or not someone needed something.

It's not supposed to be a DKP system. DKP is for guilds and raiding and there are dozens of different systems.
    The system I envision was inspired by DKP system (although not DKP system exactly). In fact the system I envision could work alongside a Guild DKP system. The point system I envision main use might be for PUG's and is integrated with character and not guilds/regular raid groups (situations where ninjaing is more common and harder to avoid).

Quote Originally Posted by Neemus View Post
    Just add ADDONS to RIft . Customize UI is the best what u can give us in MMO , everyone has own imagine of his character's UI . Add addons for raids , buffs/debuffs frames/DPS/DKP/Layout UI etc
    This suggestion wasn't really about addons but about something integrated in game by Trion (this isnt against addons either though)

People who are concerned with ninjas are delusional, sure it happens... LFG cross realm doesn't make it rampant.. Ive NEVER encountered a ninja during my wow career and I played wow since december of launch year *popped out around october?* regardless. Ninjas do exist, but they aren't in every group, they are a vast minority. All this game needs is to restrict need rolls to those the armor is meant for, and to make dungeon BoP gear able to be traded to the people who were eligible in the first place.

Also your idea is terrible, honestly the first suggestion ive seen that is down right wrong. Forcing a system that gives points for people playing so they can just take gear from people who don't play as much is the worst thing I can think of, If your that concerned with getting gear you should run with guild groups end of discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mydra View Post
    People who are concerned with ninjas are delusional, sure it happens... LFG cross realm doesn't make it rampant.
    I have never mentioned anything about cross realm/shards. I disagree on that though. I think cross-shard lfg would make ninjaing more of a problem.

Ive NEVER encountered a ninja during my wow career and I played wow since december of launch year *popped out around october?* regardless. Ninjas do exist, but they aren't in every group, they are a vast minority. All this game needs is to restrict need rolls to those the armor is meant for, and to make dungeon BoP gear able to be traded to the people who were eligible in the first place.
    I am with you on the restrict of need rolls but some have have made the point already that they need to Runebreak so their actions are justifiable.

Also your idea is terrible, honestly the first suggestion ive seen that is down right wrong. Forcing a system that gives points for people playing so they can just take gear from people who don't play as much is the worst thing I can think of, If your that concerned with getting gear you should run with guild groups end of discussion.
    I was trying to develop a system that does not harshly penalize more casual players (in fact it should protect them).

I want the ability to roll on anything in a group or what ever situation. As a rogue I still can sell that plate or cloth for some gold or plat. I have just as much "right" to that as anyone else. The type of need in a need or greed system is totally subjective. That is not to say I often do role on that stuff but I want the option.
    The Trinity is unholy! Down with the Trinity!
    Carrots belong in stew, not on the end of a stick.

Foamy tells it like it is!

Any system going by how much you play is going to severely penalize casuals, its how DKP works. Ive raided for years and I understand the system perfectly, you don't show up you don't earn DKP, no DKP to spend you cant buy gear. All this system would accomplish is for people to be harsh ****s, in the scenario they don't like the people in their group they could spend their DKP to take the item solely so the others cant.

The only thing this game really needs is to limit gear for those it is meant for. If plate gear isnt good enough for warriors here is a shocker FIX IT, dont go "oh we can wear leather" people should bring the point up that the stats for their class are wrong and it needs to be fixed. Basically just because you can wear something doesn't mean you should, and because its so "subjective" lets clear up the issue and only allow the intended classes to roll on the intended gear

Any system going by how much you play is going to severely penalize casuals, its how DKP works.
    The system I plan would be more like Suicide Kings. The person with more points (more veteran would naturally be on top. However if they need on item they will have points deducted and thus likely put them to bottom or further down the list. The point leader would not want to lose their points if they really didnt need the upgrade.

Ive raided for years and I understand the system perfectly, you don't show up you don't earn DKP, no DKP to spend you cant buy gear. All this system would accomplish is for people to be harsh ****s, in the scenario they don't like the people in their group they could spend their DKP to take the item solely so the others cant.
    This system was not designed to reward attendance as you would not get any points for showing up to a raid. If a guild has loot distribution problems (they can institute any form of rules for loot) they should have their loot rules laid out before run and a master looter to enforce what was decided. One of the good things about this game is the ease of pugging. This means that you are likely to run with someone not from your guild. As of right now the rule is Need on anything because if you don't you wont see anything. Having to weigh out your need choices will help with loot distribution (a casual would likely get the gear they need to catch up because they would have less to lose by rolling need). I do agree there will be a time when someone will accumulate way more points then they may need but this could be helped with a cap, or lucky coin exchange, or maybe heirloom gear for alt).

The only thing this game really needs is to limit gear for those it is meant for. If plate gear isnt good enough for warriors here is a shocker FIX IT, dont go "oh we can wear leather" people should bring the point up that the stats for their class are wrong and it needs to be fixed. Basically just because you can wear something doesn't mean you should, and because its so "subjective" lets clear up the issue and only allow the intended classes to roll on the intended gear
    I agree this needs to be fixed but it wont help a casual warrior when they lose need bid to overgeared warrior. Or the casual Cleric with no good gear losing to a overgeared Cleric needing for an offspec.

I don't want DKP with LFG tool or dungeon runs. We might only meet there once in that run. We both put in the same time (and hopeful effort) in that one run. So why should his/her amount of playtime impact my gameplay and the other way round?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast