+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Castle Siege War

Default Castle Siege War

Here is a new mode we could play.

Once a week, say, every Satuday at 6 pm on your server, a castle siege war open up. There would be a NPC you need to talk to, to join in.

This is how the game would play out.

In there, its Clan VS Clan, defiant and guardians alike.

You start in a ''safe zone'' where no one is able to attack anyone.

There is a wall with 3 doors to exit, 1 front, and 1 for each side.

The goal: Run across a desert, full of mobs, to go and attack a castle on the other end. but the castle gates are closed.

There will be the front gate, then when you penetrate, there is 2 side to go, left or right, each with a gate to destroy. Once those are destroyed, there would be a wardstone that need to be destroyed, the clan who deal the most damage to it when its destroyed gain the control of the castle.

To destroy the gates, you will need ''siege weapons'' , sieges weapon should include, bombs, vehicules, attachements to your weapon. Vehicules: Leader, Ladder & Demolisher.

To earn your sieges weapon, wich would be sold by vendors. you will need to gain marks, wich are gained by killing other clan's members.

The leader siege vehicule can only be used by the leader and officiers of the clan. Those vehicules have auras and buff every one arounds, the ladders are used to go over the walls and attack from the inside (ladders are only available once someone have the castle) , Demolisher are for, well, demolishing the gates.
    If you die with your vehicules, you need to work once more to gain another one.

When the castle is gained, the holding clan have 1 full week where they benefit from a buff that give 10 % more exp/favor. the castle would also have a portal that lead to Sanctum/Meridian. There would also have vendors in it that oculd sell ''superior'' pve/pvp items. or crafting mats.

After a week, the holding clan must defend his castle.
    Last edited by LordStriker; 05-23-2011 at 06:29 PM.

6 pm, seriously? Saturday at all? Nah.

BTW this kind of castle siege is not that funny and will never be successful: in this way only the guild with the highest number of players will be able to easily take control of the castle over and over.

I think you player Lineage II, but I'd like to remember you that clans had allies and wars, and allianced clans could help the defending one, which is not the spirit of Rift, where factions are Guardians, Defiants and all the others.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Nah, I used to play Knight Online, where this idea was a huge success.

We don't have clans though, but guilds, and you can't go against a same-faction guild. So we could (1) introduce guild wars (which is against the lore) or (2) introduce faction sieges, but that would lead to unjust facilities for the faction which wins, specially on PvP servers.

Because of that, I think it will never be implemented.
    CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.5 Ghz | GPU: GeForce 560 GTX Ti | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz 7-9-7-24 | OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by elegos87 View Post
    We don't have clans though, but guilds, and you can't go against a same-faction guild. So we could (1) introduce guild wars (which is against the lore) or (2) introduce faction sieges, but that would lead to unjust facilities for the faction which wins, specially on PvP servers.

Because of that, I think it will never be implemented.
    Clans , Guilds, its all the same. Hell, I wish there was the guild alliance thing, I used to have that in Knight Online.

And why not? In the game I used to play, it was Orc VS human, and you could still attack other people of your own faction, if they were in a non-allied guild. So why couldn't we, in that one specific zone?

+ Reply to Thread