+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP- Clerics either need to heal or dps, not both

Default PvP- Clerics either need to heal or dps, not both

Trion, in every pvp setting in every mmo in existence one constant has remained, healing classes do the least amount of damage. This is a purely logical concept in that it is extremely unbalanced for any class that can heal its own health to be able to dish out any respectable form of damage.

What the hell happened in this game? At rank 4 with 20% mitigation and all purple gear I am being nuked by Clerics for 3k??? Soul drained for 900 over and over within seconds? I only have 5300 health! They can cast one heal to survive my damage then finish me off easily. Unacceptable.

I propose if you are a Cleric and you want to DPS I am fine with that, but your healing should suffer, and when you heal your dps should suffer.

Something to this effect....

Cleric DPS souls should have a passive buff that everytime they use a heal they do 10% less damage for 10 seconds, stackable up to 3 times or a max of 30%. Reverse it for healing souls.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-21-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Soulwalker

yeah i agree and in lotro they made it so that the clas runekeeper which is a healer/dps can only really heal as it actually heals and the more it heals the more heals skills become open for use and likewise with their dmg skills the more dmg skills they use the more open up to them, but as they heals they become less available so they cant do both perfectly.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Trion, in every pvp setting in every mmo in existence one constant has remained, healing classes do the least amount of damage. This is a purely logical concept in that it is extremely unbalanced for any class that can heal its own health to be able to dish out any respectable form of damage.

What the hell happened in this game? At rank 4 with 20% mitigation and all purple gear I am being nuked by Clerics for 3k??? Soul drained for 900 over and over within seconds? I only have 5300 health! They can cast one heal to survive my damage then finish me off easily. Unacceptable.

I propose if you are a Cleric and you want to DPS I am fine with that, but your healing should suffer, and when you heal your dps should suffer.

Something to this effect....

Cleric DPS souls should have a passive buff that everytime they use a heal they do 10% less damage for 10 seconds, stackable up to 3 times or a max of 30%. Reverse it for healing souls.
    i down with this post every mmo i have played, healers do one or the other atm god like clerics are running around making a mockery of the situation doing great dps and heals, how the hell can any cleric out dps a mage that is not OP pyro specced and still heal there self in the fight and win is beyond me.

I actually had a thought along these lines the other day. Not sure what sparked it.

But yes, a passive trait inherent to the Calling would be in order;
    Damage spells decrease outgoing healing by 10% per, stacks up to 4x, lasts 10 seconds
    Healing spells decrease outgoing damage by 10% per, stacks up to 4x, lasts 10 seconds
    Dual Damage-Healing spells (Inquisitor's "Harsh Discipline") do not suffer from these effects

Balanced as needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Walker

Big numbers in warfronts = useless AoE damage. If you're constantly soul drained by clerics running in your middle and allowed to cast for 2 seconds, then something is wrong with your team.

Btw, what are your rogue doing in this warfront. One rogue stripping buffs would nulify any indirect healing those hybrid builds are doing.

The thing is, the hybrid builds don't work against decent teams. They get purged into nothingness and their damage is lucklaster. I've played such hybrid builds against good teams, their members move away form me when they see me start casting = minimal damage and since I'm stripped of buffs = no indirect healing. Soon after I'm dead.

The bottom line is whether the game should be balanced so that the bad players have an equal chance to everyone else or not.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    Big numbers in warfronts = useless AoE damage. If you're constantly soul drained by clerics running in your middle and allowed to cast for 2 seconds, then something is wrong with your team.

Btw, what are your rogue doing in this warfront. One rogue stripping buffs would nulify any indirect healing those hybrid builds are doing.

The thing is, the hybrid builds don't work against decent teams. They get purged into nothingness and their damage is lucklaster. I've played such hybrid builds against good teams, their members move away form me when they see me start casting = minimal damage and since I'm stripped of buffs = no indirect healing. Soon after I'm dead.

The bottom line is whether the game should be balanced so that the bad players have an equal chance to everyone else or not.
    essence link and last grasping any cleric i see does that make me bad mage i think not just cos i wont roll a fumulate build to wipe out what i see.

Plane Walker

My point is that those hybrid builds that people are so worried about work only in Scion due to the general confusion. They really shouldn't work there in the first place if one or optimally two MM were stripping buffs from people. These builds rely on strippable buffs for both their team and self healing. Remove those and you're left with a sub par tanking build with sub average damage.

The only reason the damage piles up against bad teams is because they are allowed to retain their buffs, thus self heal and keep on spamming their pathetic AoE that really does not kill anyone.

A bigger danger in the warfront is a cabalist, but they have no healing method, just pure damage dealing.

+ Reply to Thread