+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wardrobe and no item in slot

Default Wardrobe and no item in slot

First thank you so much wardrobe. I see many threads in class forums(ok just the rogues) where people post wardrobe and we all say what we have so we can get a look we like.

My question is this, I have found no gloves I like and prefer to show my char with no gloves at all. Currently in wardrobe if you leave a spot blank it just puts whatever your wearing there. Just giving some feedback I(and maybe others) would like it if the spot is left blank it shows us with nothing there(minds out of gutter lol).
    Rules do not exist to bind us. They exist so you may know your freedoms.

LotRO lets you toggle gloves/boots off. Would be nice.

No gloves I really like for my rogue.
    Last edited by Leharic; 05-18-2011 at 02:40 PM.

Yes, please allow absence of item in wardrobe to equal item not displayed. I'd really love one my toons to have the shirtless barbarian look. And yep, gauntlets look kinda odd on another toon who favours a short sleeved tunic.

I guess the wardrobe tab would need something like a check box 'Use wardrobe' to make it active, so we aren't bombarded with a slew of naked toons from ppl who don't use the wardrobe.
    My shiny carapace is cracked. I should have never left the sea. Krugon.

/signed.

It would probably lead to a few people running around naked... but it's not like we don't have plate mail (and other armor types) underwear as it is.

Why not?
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post
    /signed.

It would probably lead to a few people running around naked... but it's not like we don't have plate mail (and other armor types) underwear as it is.

Why not?
    keep in mind armor class means the less you wear the higher your armor class is lol.

I also realy do approve of this idea although you always get people complaining that they cant tell the difference in pvp. Was a major reason why WoW still hasnt implimented it. :/

I, too, would prefer the wardrobe either allow you to de-select individual items to display or at least not allow your regular gear to show if you have a blank spot.

The whole wardrobe system is a step in the right direction and I'm grateful. But it needs a LOT of work (I got spoiled under years of LOTRO, which has one of the best cosmetic systems around.)

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

EQ2 had items that could be dropped in the wardrobe to make certain slots show up bare. Maybe they could add items like that to the costume vendor?
    Please check your trollrage or risk sounding like this when you post: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/558516

"From the splinter in the hand to the thorn in the heart, to the shotgun to the head;
    you've got no choice but to learn to glean solace from pain, or you'll end up cynical or dead"--Jim White, musician and storyteller.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Goige View Post
    I also realy do approve of this idea although you always get people complaining that they cant tell the difference in pvp. Was a major reason why WoW still hasnt implimented it. :/
    Then disable Wardrobes when you enter Warfronts.

Quote Originally Posted by Friar Tuck View Post
    I guess the wardrobe tab would need something like a check box 'Use wardrobe' to make it active, so we aren't bombarded with a slew of naked toons from ppl who don't use the wardrobe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9tWZB7OUSU
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

A very easy solution will be to have costume items for some of the slots like the helm, gloves, shoulders, and maybe boots that have no graphic. That way you could drop that item into the wardrobe slot and it would show no armor. This would also allow you to have a helm shown in one wardrobe and no helm in another wardrobe and you would not need to toggle the "Show helm" check box each time you switched wardrobes.

Quote Originally Posted by LyricDawnhagen View Post
    A very easy solution will be to have costume items for some of the slots like the helm, gloves, shoulders, and maybe boots that have no graphic. That way you could drop that item into the wardrobe slot and it would show no armor. This would also allow you to have a helm shown in one wardrobe and no helm in another wardrobe and you would not need to toggle the "Show helm" check box each time you switched wardrobes.
    Hopefully they add them. I know they said they want to add more costumes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by LyricDawnhagen View Post
    I'd rather they simply put a check-box next to the item slots in the wardrobe tab. If it's checked, the item is visible; if not, then not only is it not visible, but there's no "bleed through" from your gear tab. Would make things much easier.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

I agree with this suggestion. I usually like to run round with no Helm showing, but i actually found one the other day that i liked and fitted one of my wardrobe sets. Unfortunatly now whenever i want to change my outfit i have to manually check the hide helm option. A blank item option would be ideal, or as has been suggested, a check box next to each wardrobe item slot to hide/show.

Rye
    Soulwalker

I also agree, I put on a short sleeved shirt in the wardrobe, and it looked silly with gloves showing, yet currently there is no way that I know of to hide the gloves without taking them off. There should be ways to hide the gloves, and the boots too I suppose :)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast