+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion to help manage buffs!

Default Suggestion to help manage buffs!

I've been playing Riftstalker again lately and the hardest part about it is managing my buffs. I don't know how other tanks are, but Riftstalkers(and most rogue classes) need to keep buffs on themselves constantly, buffs gained through finishers. When I am in a group it is very difficult to see how much longer I have left on my buffs before I need to refresh them, and seeing as they last only 30-60 seconds, they are refreshed a lot.

My suggestion is to have the duration of short buffs show on the abilities tooltip. Basically anything that lasts a minute or less is short duration. This way, every time I look to use a buffing finisher, I will see how much time is left on each of the buffs without having to scan my entire buff bar to find the three or four I need.

This would also work with things like Bard Motifs, Necro's Lich Form, Marksman Hit and Run, and any self-buff with a short duration, especially those that need to be on constantly. It would greatly help my ability to keep my buffs properly refreshed, especially as a Riftstalker.

I would rather have a time that is left on ability cooldown it hotbar. The game should just allow you to choose which buffs are displayed and what player doesnt want displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    I would rather have a time that is left on ability cooldown it hotbar. The game should just allow you to choose which buffs are displayed and what player doesnt want displayed.
    Well for things like rogue finishers that give buffs there is no cooldown, but the buff duration is longer with more combo points, so having the duration on the hotbar would make it much easier to see what buffs are almost up.

Moar bumps!

Rift Chaser

I support these buff management changes / general improvements that people are suggesting for the UI. I think Trion may just leave them for the mod API and let the community do it, though.

Maybe Chronos can also help .
    Last edited by Feina; 05-22-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    ^ Click for development blog! ^

If you like Chronos or have any questions, let me know in the thread!
    Disclaimer: Chronos will not help you suck less nor will it cure stupidity.

My friend recently called me a nerd. I told him that I'm clearly not a nerd, so he responded with "You've just wrote out code to track loot, achievements and levelling for some timer
    software
    that you made and use for raiding in MMO's, on a whiteboard. You did all of that before going downstairs to get cheese Doritos to eat while you play. And it's 4AM."
    /Amazed

There is a similar thread http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...fs-and-display. I like the wow addon http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/raven.aspx options for buffs (not a comment on pro/anti addons in Rift)

also http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...fs-and-display which is on the first page of this thread right now and also a bit bigger
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

+ Reply to Thread