+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Virchow's Gift

Cool Virchow's Gift

A PvP related buff. I humbly suggest implementation on a single WF to isolate any positive/negative effects.

Virchow's Gift
    Duration: 2 hours or until loss in Black Garden. Nonremovable.
    Stackable: Yes
    Effect: 1) Bestows "Boon of the Black Garden" upon the opposing team during a Black Garden match.
    2) Prestige/valor bonus for kills/wins against players with Boon of the Black Garden (10% per)

Boon of the Black Garden
    Duration: Active while there is an active Virchow's Gift present during match. Right-click removable.
    Stackable: Yes
    Effect: 1) Increases AP, SP, Crit, To Hit by 2% per application
    2) Increases Armor and all magical resistences by 0.5% per application

Associated titles/achievements:
    The Better Than Average - Win against a team with Boon of the Black Garden active
    The Boot - Win with a stack of 5 Virchow's Gift active
    The High King- Win against a team with 50 Boon of the Black Garden active
    The God-like - Win against a team with 100 Boon of the Black Garden active

Suggested associated quests/gear
    For The High King achievement a purple quality crown
    For the God-like achievement a halo, unicorn mount (110%) or Hello Kitty Backpack

You may find this 'cures' MANY pvp issues. Play with it how you like, but I ask the buff keep the name Virchow's Gift.

I would like the idea if Trion allowed a complete premade group(faction with gift) vs a pug(faction with boon) otherwise no.

The premade, if they can actually win games, would usually have the Gift up. They would be reaping prestige at a faster rate, with an opportunity for unique achievements and titles.

The PUG, walking into a potential camp spawn bloodbath, would now be able to compete and offer more challenge with a chance to win, depending on abilities and how many stacks of Gift the premade has.

As a PUG vs PUG, the players who tended to win more would be reaping more prestige/WF, while the players that lose more have a little more power to be competitive.

In premade vs premade, a stacked and confident team could disable the Boon.

Problems this solution ameliorates:
    - Premades still mostly win with increased benefits.
    - PUGs will be able to rally after a few games and even the odds. A scenario where, in the end, everybody does win (which will keep people coming back).
    - People coming into games not discouraged as often, knowing the shoe will be on the other foot soon.
    - A chance for everyone to advance their game, and through increased playtime, improve their characters and skills.
    - Increased interest will mean shorter queues for all involved.
    - Less queue dodging knowing that some premade is rampaging through your WFs.
    - Competitive confident teams, when beginning still have the option to turn off their buff, but no one has the option of continually steamrolling lesser skilled opponants.
    - Rank 6's now have new goals. These goals can be tied to tangible rewards/titles and this system can carry over into other WFs as created. These new goals, depending on the servers, may be incredibly difficult to achieve, but still within sight, keeping Rank 6's constantly bettering themselves, their tactics and playing.

Problems this solution creates:
    - Programming (A small call on resources to create the code and some resources to monitor effects)
    - What if someone with the Gift quits? (One stack of the Boon drops)
    - What if someone wants a straight up fight (They can click off their own Boon)
    - It might be the case that items/rank maybe need to increase in cost if people start living in the queues.
    - Maybe no one can beat a team stacked with 50 Boons, let alone 100 (But I guarantee they'll try).
    - People with no skill don't deserve anything. (We all start somewhere and we all need at least a little encouragement. With this system, they will not win anywhere near as much as the more skilled/geared players, but they WILL win eventually, and this keeps people from giving up)
    - People with Rank and skill deserve to nonstop stomp the newbies. (This is a difference between wants and needs. People want an easy smooth victory. People needs challenges. Nonstop challenges with real rewards.)

Telaran

Hmm, may not be too far off the mark with this idea if the crying persists.

Warhammer did something so that if you were outnumbered in RvR you would get up to ~ 400% extra renown and xp. It was very popular and actually worked really well.

Although, I think people just need to learn how to PvP (I dont mean l2p) game is new, might be some peoples 1st time in PvP, it has a much steeper learning curve than pve. In Rift it's a lot harder to identify classes to start with and even harder to know what skills/gear they have.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Maleria View Post
    Hmm, may not be too far off the mark with this idea if the crying persists.

Warhammer did something so that if you were outnumbered in RvR you would get up to ~ 400% extra renown and xp. It was very popular and actually worked really well.

Although, I think people just need to learn how to PvP (I dont mean l2p) game is new, might be some peoples 1st time in PvP, it has a much steeper learning curve than pve. In Rift it's a lot harder to identify classes to start with and even harder to know what skills/gear they have.
    /spit @ you

Quote Originally Posted by Virchow View Post
    Problems this solution ameliorates:
    - Premades still mostly win with increased benefits.
    - PUGs will be able to rally after a few games and even the odds. A scenario where, in the end, everybody does win (which will keep people coming back).
    - People coming into games not discouraged as often, knowing the shoe will be on the other foot soon.
    - A chance for everyone to advance their game, and through increased playtime, improve their characters and skills.
    - Increased interest will mean shorter queues for all involved.
    - Less queue dodging knowing that some premade is rampaging through your WFs.
    - Competitive confident teams, when beginning still have the option to turn off their buff, but no one has the option of continually steamrolling lesser skilled opponants.
    - Rank 6's now have new goals. These goals can be tied to tangible rewards/titles and this system can carry over into other WFs as created. These new goals, depending on the servers, may be incredibly difficult to achieve, but still within sight, keeping Rank 6's constantly bettering themselves, their tactics and playing.

Problems this solution creates:
    - Programming (A small call on resources to create the code and some resources to monitor effects)
    - What if someone with the Gift quits? (One stack of the Boon drops)
    - What if someone wants a straight up fight (They can click off their own Boon)
    - It might be the case that items/rank maybe need to increase in cost if people start living in the queues.
    - Maybe no one can beat a team stacked with 50 Boons, let alone 100 (But I guarantee they'll try).
    - People with no skill don't deserve anything. (We all start somewhere and we all need at least a little encouragement. With this system, they will not win anywhere near as much as the more skilled/geared players, but they WILL win eventually, and this keeps people from giving up)
    - People with Rank and skill deserve to nonstop stomp the newbies. (This is a difference between wants and needs. People want an easy smooth victory. People needs challenges. Nonstop challenges with real rewards.)
    what about the people that pug in the faction that gives the gift? if someone just pops this buff on other faction I know have to work harder/have more difficult time. if a complete premade group decides to do this they already decided and should get rewards for extra challenge. if I am just a casual pug pvper I would get the rewards but my chances for the increased rewards were just narrowed.

Quote Originally Posted by July13th View Post
    what about the people that pug in the faction that gives the gift? if someone just pops this buff on other faction I know have to work harder/have more difficult time. if a complete premade group decides to do this they already decided and should get rewards for extra challenge. if I am just a casual pug pvper I would get the rewards but my chances for the increased rewards were just narrowed.
    I agree. In retrospect, it's wiser to tie the bonus onto defeating the Boon side, so that if you found yourself on the side of a mostly premade, you'd reap the benefits just starting in.

As for landing in that tough situation, one of two things will happen. The premade will carry you to victory and great rewards, or you will lose, and try again next round. Statistically, you won't land in another premade about to lose, and likely will be playing against at least some of the people you just fought, landing you the Boon.

Rift Chaser

edit thats all wrong.^^ I love it

but boons will have to be edited a little 100 stacks of 2% is crazy.
    we often win 50 in a row before one of us dc and no one notices and we lose lmao
    if they got 100% everything thats crazy
    Last edited by May Contain Nuts; 05-04-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Plane Touched

I'd certainly get behind something like this. Also, it may seem like 100 stacks of a 2% buff is excessive, but I think the intent is to make the curve steep enough that *eventually* the side losing will become so powerful that they can't help but win.

It would take one heck of a premade to get that 101st win in-a-row for the final achievement, but I can't really find anything I don't like about this. Congrats on a well-presented outstanding idea. Now I only hope someone who can do something about it reads it.

Rift Chaser

I support this idea, if and only if the rewards involves a unicorn mount that farts sparkles and rainbows.

Greatest PVP reward ever.

And I should get one for free for the idea. Are you paying attention, Trion?

Bump for love.

Virchow I will fist you

Because it, or a subtle variation, is the answer you're looking for. )

I'm now on the winning faction and games are more fun for me, personally, but I'll tell you what, this idea is still golden and should be instituted.
    Last edited by Virchow; 05-13-2011 at 08:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast