+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion please disable combat music, it's unnecessary!!!

Shadowlander

Default Trion please disable combat music, it's unnecessary!!!

First I would like to start off by saying, I just got to Iron Pike peaks and that zone is amazing! I felt the connectedness I used to feel in Old WoW zones (Nagrand, Grizzily Hills.) The zone music matches the entire mood of the zone. Along with the environmental effects such as the snow coming down, or even maybe the sunlight resonating tree while riding toward the sun.

The only thing that ruins this experience is when you start actually questing then attacking mobs, then the music changes abruptly then proceeds to play the combat music you been hearing switch on and off while the zone music bugs out, and doesn't play until a short duration out of combat. Sometimes the combat music gets repetitive and stuck in your head, sort of like "friday". I also liked the highlands too, but the combat music burnt out the experience really fast.

This is a simple request, just remove the combat music completely, or put in more combat music, so it doesnt feel like you are playing a pokemon game when you are about to do battle.
    Last edited by Electrical; 05-02-2011 at 05:51 PM.

Rift Chaser

There's an in-game suggestion tab, but I'd say a combat-music slider would be a better idea. I've suggested it before as well. It's caused me to turn music off completely and go back to Radio Rivendell for music that fits my questing atmosphere.

Shame because this game has some great music.

Ascendant

havent had my music on for a very long time. id have to say since sometime in beta.

unfortunately combat music was the leading cause of this. though sometimes i just want to listen to some stuff in my music library.
    Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
    Processor: Intel i7 960 @ 3.8Ghz
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 Triple Channel
    Graphics: Palit Geforce GTX 560Ti 2GB (Driver 301.24 BETA)
    Monitor: ASUS VE248 @ 1920x1080

Telaran

Wait, you mean you can HEAR your combat music? Ever since I think 1.1 or the previous all my music save for the zone music when you walk/ride/port in is barely heard, before you ask yes I have my music tabs at max, they just elevator music'd their combat music, I really enjoy their music too which makes me sad.

Shadowlander

Yeah combat music is more for like console games such as rpgs like kingdom hearts or god of war. They dont work with MMOs

Just . . . turn the combat music off? There's a button for it . . .

I'm sure someone likes it.
    "Can you see the flag rising up beyond the smoke
    Of dying authors burning books? Was a problem what they wrote
    The flag is hard to read, all flags look the same
    Covered in the blood of the faithless and insane"
    Operation Ivy - Missionary

I like it , does that make me strange?
    Minsc and Boo
    All time favorite RPG characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xtorma View Post
    I like it , does that make me strange?
    I guess we're both strange 'cause I really like it too.

Combat music needs to have a TURN OFF option.

The reason is simple. Every time you fight (even if it changes per zone) its the same rhythmic blurb and over time it gets annoying because the one thing you do constantly in Rift is fight things.
    Rift CE & Founder Sub
    Asus ATi 6950HD Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD PhenomII X6 1100T G.Skill 4GB 1.6Ghz (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO)

anyone who likes it is strange as all the combat music is just like...6 notes repeated >_>
    when underattack by the mustard zerg, fire a nuclear sausage, if that doesnt work arm the cannon steak and if they somehow breach your fortress of ketchup, bring out the bacon blades...

Quote Originally Posted by Electrical View Post
    Sometimes the combat music gets repetitive and stuck in your head, sort of like "friday".
    Obviously you're just parrotting what everyone else has said about "Friday" and haven't actually listened to it... NOTHING deserves to be compared to "Friday"...not even White Stripes...and they're TERRIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post

There isn't a button for it... atleast not in the audio or combat menus... although, if you could guide me to it, you'd be my new hero.

Assuming it doesn't exist,

/signed to the OP

The combat music is very counter-immersive... I'd rather the zone music continue normally while I fight... as is, fighting almost feels like a commercial; it's just an interruption.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

I like this a lot. I pump up my itunes to drown out the combat music .

But even if the combat music was unique and more suited to each zone would be nice. Some IPP-themed combat music would be awesome!

It would be kind of like the music in the Abyss in Aion.

Rift Disciple

who bothers to notice music when you're frozen mid fight due to lag then end up suddenly dead?

don't like it? turn off game music...pretty bloody simple.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DepricatedZero View Post

Where? Honestly, please, tell me. Unless they've added it and I missed it it definitely wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlaka View Post
    don't like it? turn off game music...pretty bloody simple.
    Yes, that's great. We don't like the combat music, one repetative 30s loop, so we want to turn off all the music in the entire game, even though the rest of it's great and Trion hired an award-winning composer to do the music for Rift.

Try reading before posting.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast