+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Remove "Need" for ineligible Callings

Default Remove "Need" for ineligible Callings

This is hardly a huge and pervasive problem, but I would like to see that certain gear (mostly Dungeon Drops) be protected from being "Need"ed by a Calling that can't possibly use it.

The instances where this is a problem aren't terribly pandemic, as I've said, but when a Warrior keeps pressing "Need" on Rogue or Mage items... well, it can get annoying. Especially if it's an item I've been grinding for and by the grace of God has finally shown up (no thanks to you, Random Number Generator).

Anyway, just a little blurb and likely a very easy change, compared to some of my other suggestions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    This is hardly a huge and pervasive problem, but I would like to see that certain gear (mostly Dungeon Drops) be protected from being "Need"ed by a Calling that can't possibly use it.

The instances where this is a problem aren't terribly pandemic, as I've said, but when a Warrior keeps pressing "Need" on Rogue or Mage items... well, it can get annoying. Especially if it's an item I've been grinding for and by the grace of God has finally shown up (no thanks to you, Random Number Generator).

Anyway, just a little blurb and likely a very easy change, compared to some of my other suggestions.
    Lol very true. Some of them are quite intricate but also pretty good.

That said I agree this would be nice. Though interestingly enough, even in random rift groups, my shard has been getting pretty good recently at actually needing only when they really needed it. Though perhaps I've just been getting luckier lately.

Either way this would be a good thing to implement (I suspect Trion's already working on it or atleast discussing what to do)
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Plane Touched

This should apply by default to BoP items only. An option for the party leader to remove it for BoE would be a nice compromise.
    My dungeon experiences and builds as a 2h Cleric tank are posted on my blog. All T1 and most T2 expert dungeons complete.

I've also posted the coordinates for all exploration achievements on my website (redesign in the works): http://tehkrizz.net/RIFT/exploration.php

Quote Originally Posted by TehKrizz View Post
    This should apply by default to BoP items only. An option for the party leader to remove it for BoE would be a nice compromise.
    I can understand that, though I don't see why people couldn't just all greed it in that case (since that is what greed is supposed to be for: selling, breaking, or alts). Still wouldn't object to that being true.
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Yeah, it's far less urgent for BoE. But if it's BoP... yeah, I would appreciate a little assurance. =]
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

/signed. There is NO reason a player should be rolling need on something they cannot equip; and the player base has proven themselves incapable of restraint when given the option. Time for Trion to step in and teach us kids how to share.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

This was a great feature in WAR, a simple option for the party/raid leader.

Personally, since I only run with guild groups, I like to keep the need option open for the sanctioned guild crafters to grab any item that no one else needs for runebreaking.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Sez

I'm sorry Morvick. You suggestions are always very well done, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

I do not support any change to Player Freedom.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I'm sorry Morvick. You suggestions are always very well done, but I have to disagree with you on this one.

Which is why you make it an option, so that players can choose to have this enabled or not.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

Then you support ninjas? Nice to know. I certainly won't be partying with you.

Fully agreed, OP. WoW was terrible before they put this in place. It's nice being a clothy, not having to worry about plate-wearers rolling on your gear.

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    Then you support ninjas? Nice to know. I certainly won't be partying with you.

Fully agreed, OP. WoW was terrible before they put this in place. It's nice being a clothy, not having to worry about plate-wearers rolling on your gear.
    Supporting player freedom =/= supporting ninjas.

I also disagree with Sez, but he hasn't posted anything that makes me question the quality of his character. Open your eyes.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Another vote for this idea. Heck, sometimes I click need when I do not mean to. This would prevent that as well as ninjas who just roll for everything.
    Regards,
    Minara on Sunrest PvP~RP
    an Ascended Soul who in past lives lived in EQII (AB) and GSIV but with different names.
    Never forget a small kindness, do not hold onto small faults.

I don't care if the leather item is better for you, Warrior. I don't care if the cloth item is better for you, Cleric. If the Rogue or Mage needs them, they should get it. I usually put people on ignore who need on items of the opposite armor proficiency of theirs and go all defensive and won't give the item up. It's stupid, and to be honest, I really hope they just make it so you can wear what you're suppose to wear.

Default What happens when I drink coffee and surf the Forums...

I respect that disagreement; I'd hate to think I got a blindly-loyal fanboy or anything. xD

As for what others have suggested, make it a Group Leader option if necessary.

As for those saying they like to leave it on Need for Guildies' crafting... I understand, but at the end of the day they don't "need" it like a proper character looking for an upgrade would. Their criteria for desiring the item is, literally, "greed".

We had an individual in one public Raid (up in the north of Shimmersand) who ceaselessly pressed "Need" on every item that came up, even if it was a Mana Pot (he was a Warrior) or wand.

Additionally, my concerns stretch to Rift Loot (though I hear this is being changed soon?). Core of the problem is when some people get the idea to start hitting "Need" on planar containers. Once the rest of the Rift Group catches on, they must press "Need" to get this equally-competitive, equally-neutral loot. If there were merely 2 options for this class of loot, "Greed" and "Pass", it would help the situation. Either you want the chance to get better Planar gear or you don't; it's not Class or Race-bound, thus everyone should have an equal chance of winning it, I feel.

That or we all just agree to ignore the "Greed" button on Planar Goods and look like right Ninjas 90% of the time. =]
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-23-2011 at 07:28 PM.

Telaran

Hmm - I think if a group NEEDS loot rules of this type, it might not be the sort of group one would want to be playing with.

Some professions also allow you to break down gear for raw materials - even if you can't use that piece of gear.

You may have to consider the issue that plate users can wear anything, chain users can wear cloth and leather too... and so on.... So, this might put mages at a disadvantage in collecting / selling / breaking up gear, compared to say - clerics or warriors.

I'd say that this might add an unnecessary layer of complexity to the game.

Asking "Mind if I need?" seems to work pretty well for most of us.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast