+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bard - Motif of Encouragement Suggestion

Lightbulb Bard - Motif of Encouragement Suggestion

This Suggestion has two parts, but both are for the same Skill, after some searching I wasn't able to find anything similar to my thread, however I have seem similar suggestions on the matter. So let's get right to the suggestion shall we.

Motif of Encouragement - My suggestion is to completely remove / replace this skill with what it currently is, with something else. This something else being, "Motif of Encouragement - (20 or 30 Meters) Refreshes your Motifs on the Player."

Now, to me, that would be worth having, instead of having to refresh 5 Motifs, for myself, I would only have to refresh one. However, there is always the catch of, if I am in a larger group, I am still going to have to apply my Motifs first having to take the time to do that, would be fine (for me) however, I would not have to refresh all 5 after 30 seconds, I would only have use one, with a few seconds remaining.

I may sound selfish asking for this, I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that I would love it if I had a Motif that refreshed my other Motifs, or another skill, or something, anything then what it is now, and that's having to refresh 5 Motifs every 30 seconds, it's just too .. I would love to be doing other things. Playing the game is fun, buffing people .. to me .. no not really.

Here's my 2nd Part / Suggestion. The Flute, from the Collections vendor, the one that costs 25 Coins. Make that item have a use, make it do what Motif of Encouragement does now, make it lure 5 critters around you for 3 minutes (or whatever the duration is). This is to appease the people who don't want Motif of Encouragement removed.

- The Bard's who want less Motif buttons during fights get what they want.
    - The people who want the original Motif of Encouragement would have to get that flute, but I believe at least it wouldn't be removed from the game completely.
    - Note that I said "Your Motifs" this would keep Bard's from Buffing a team in Pvp at the beginning, and then just pressing 1 Button to refresh everyone nearby, the only exception being maybe, Black Garden.

Thoughts?

Murphy was an Optimist

Maybe if you reduced the range of this proposed "Motif of Encouragement" down to 10 meters, but it can affect any ally.

This effectively makes you focus on those nearest to you, or it means you'll be running back and forth to refresh the whole group.

Perhaps also adding some kind of "Burning Purpose" (Mage's Archon 51pt skill) to the Bard.
    Burning Purpose is a self-cast buff that means, whenever the Mage debuffs an enemy, said debuff will also deal x damage.

I think a similar thing could be available for Bards when they buff someone, that a pre-designated target receives damage every time the Rogue is within range and casts an effective Buff.

So to clarify, I propose - again - a new spell.

Rhyme of Despair - Cast on target, 40m range. If the Rogue is within range, every time they cast an effective Coda, Motiff, or Anthem, the target will take x damage. Lasts 30 seconds, can only be cast on 1 target at a time.

Similarly, there could be a "Rhyme of Jubilation" that restores 1 target's mana or health by x% every time a Buff is cast; cannot affect the Rogue. Or maybe it summons a % damage reduction shield onto that target for a short time?

To be clear, if these abilities interacted with "Motif of Encouragement", they would only proc once, since it's only "Motif of Encouragement"'s buff they are checking for.
    That would be to prevent this from quickly going majorly OP'd, lol.
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-22-2011 at 09:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Maybe if you reduced the range of this proposed "Motif of Encouragement" down to 10 meters, but it can affect any ally.
    I'll be honest I'm not the best person when it comes to Ranges / Distances, but even if the range was 10 Meters, and having the talent to increase your Motifs by 10 it would still be 20, and that to me would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    Rhyme of Despair - Cast on target, 40m range. If the Rogue is within range, every time they cast an effective Coda, Motiff, or Anthem, the target will take x damage. Lasts 30 seconds, can only be cast on 1 target at a time.

Similarly, there could be a "Rhyme of Jubilation" that restores 1 target's mana or health by x% every time a Buff is cast; cannot affect the Rogue.

To be clear, if these abilities interacted with "Motif of Encouragement", they would only proc once, since it's only "Motif of Encouragement"'s buff they are checking for.
    That would be to prevent this from quickly going majorly OP'd, lol.
    I wouldn't be against this suggestion, just so long as the damage isn't game breaking. I'll assume that it wouldn't be, and it's purpose would be to add just a tad more Dps for Bard's. However, wouldn't Bard's, assuming this suggestion took place and was implemented, be doing more Damage, after all, we would be casting Motifs less, and being able to do more damage because of that.

Murphy was an Optimist

So I was just in a Port Scion match, and I only used 1 Motif.

The only Motif I was keeping on me and people around me was my +5% more healing, and just wow.. actually playing my Bard, and not buffing everyone every 30 seconds is quite a blast, I need to do this more often.

(Why wasn't I doing this sooner? Simple, I thought keeping those buffs up was important, but, it's honestly more important to be having fun, that way you keep on playing, right?)

Murphy was an Optimist

Soulwalker

Default Even better yet

Make Motif of Encouragement a cleanse. We're kinda missing one. Makes it really hard to do certain boss that go apply happy with devastating diseases/curses. Don't know how many times we couldn't finish a dungeon because we didn't have 2 people who could cleanse. It's quite annoying.
    Last edited by Alucardris; 05-30-2011 at 04:47 AM. Reason: grammar mistake

+ Reply to Thread