+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Healing clerics need mana regen abilities =)

Default Healing clerics need mana regen abilities =)

Let me start by saying, I don't feel intimidated by Chloromancers, and I love playing my cleric. She's versatile, capable, and fun to play. Also If this has been posted in the suggestions section already, I apologize.

I currently heal for t2 groups with my guildies and we run with both me and a cholormancer/archon. We both have alternate specs for dps and we switch often for different situations. We make a great team, and I believe that was what you guys intended for heals/support classes. Teamwork.

I do have one suggestion though, I have no way to regenerate my mana other than potions or help from another player. All other souls in the cleric tree have a mana regeneration ability, but there is no feasible way to spec into them and have it helpful to my sent/puri build. I also know that there are a high percentage of people running this type of hybrid healing build. I am lucky that I run with a chloro/archon for his help in mana regeneration during long aoe damage fights but I find it odd that the warden has a mana regeneration ability, and they have the least mana consumption of the three healing souls. Why does only one healing soul gets a mana regen ability anyways?

Healing with Sentinel aoe heals is VERY mana heavy, and making those abilities somewhat useless in a long fight. If I had a mana regeneration ability it would make those aoe heals useful and make clerics that much better pve wise. I don't see this making us more POWERFUL, just up to par with all the other classes with NO PROBLEMS with mana. I don't think I have ever seen a mage run out, ever. I on the other hand have to juggle pots, and use serendipity to allow time for my natural regen to ensure I don't run out.

I also realize that many people will say stack more wisdom. Well considering I gain it on every piece I can, and bought crafted pieces augmented with more wisdom, I'd say I have PLENTY. Yet even with a very careful eye on my mana consumption I still seem to use a lot on those heavy aoe damage fights. I often over heal the tank to use my surging flames to heal the group but sometimes this can backfire as there is a short delay on surging flame's heals to party members. Not only that, you nerfed it a bit because of pvp and I do understand that but it did hit me a little in the PVE department.

I don't want this to sound whiney or childish. I love this game, and plan to continue playing, but every time I play my cabalist/inquisitor/Justicar aoe spec and can completely fill my mana with ONE spell, I die a little inside when I'm constantly drinking potions on my healing spec struggling to make sure I don't run out of precious mana.

Give sentinels and purifiers a mana regeneration skill in their tree. Put it high up like the warden's is, it doesn't have to give us a lot, just enough to make us capable to sustain our mana with the use of it and potions. It only seems fair when compared with the other mana using classes and souls. I'm certainly not going to spec some into justicar and melee the boss during a fight to regen. That is just silly and dangerous to boot. Give it a cast time so it is interrupt-able in pvp. It will be further up the tree, so speccing into it as a caster dps won't be very likely and melee won't invest that many points, I don't' see them going through warden for it's mana regen now.

I hope I covered any doubt, and made my point in a descriptive enough manner.

Thanks for reading my wall of text also =)

This is very true and well presented.
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

I just wanted to selfishly bump, and also point out some older threads on this same issue from other players with my same opinion that were posted outside the suggestions thread.

Endgame mana regen for healers by Kidcadaver

Healing Cleric and Mana Regen by Myomy

Purifier healer looking for a change by Criticalbill665

cleric + mana regen by osmosis

Healing cleric and mana regen by innocent51

So there is just a few that I found with a simple google search of the rift forums. I'm positive there are ranting about this same issue in many of the other cleric threads complaining about chloromancers but I wasn't going to point out individual posts. I realize also that some of these threads are older, but at the same time extremely valid. I notice many people saying they tried cleric after being mage, and being appalled by the lack of mana regen SKILLS in the cleric healing trees. Some people also didn't get very far leveling wise before they noticed the issue in dungeons. I must say that because I'm super careful that I don't generally run oom, and some people pointed this out in the threads. The issue I have is that, why does it have to be such a chore for me as a cleric to keep an eye on my mana pool, but the mage has infinite ways to get their mana back during battle? I just want a piece of the mana regen skill pie trion! Or cookies, I like those too.

Really? Only one other healing cleric wants a mana regen ability on sent and puri? Nothing crazy or huge, just enough, like the wardens.

/Selfish bump

Soulwalker

I'll bump this for you, because it seems in 3 months nothing has been changed, has it?

I'm having the same problem right now and find it quite stressful and unfair to have no manaregen spells.

Correct me / update on this if I'm wrong.
    Last edited by Klaphood; 07-16-2011 at 02:13 PM.

I'm not there yet, so I don't know how mana regen is in T2/raids as a Puri Cleric.

But...if Warden has mana regen, why not the other heals? As far as I can tell, there's a mana regen in...every spec of Cleric except Puri/Sent. (I don't know if Warden actually has one, but someone else in this thread said they do.)

So.../signed for my future as heals
    Last edited by KnirpsLyn; 07-16-2011 at 02:30 PM.

Soulwalker

I've been playing off and on since beta and I always tend to play some flavor of healer (it drives me nuts to not have a heal on my bar no matter what I am playing). Within a month of launch, I had a 50 Chloromancer who never ran out of mana. I don't even carry drinks or pots because I just haven't needed them. I've also leveled several clerics (healy types, ranged damage dealer types, and most recently, a tank), and it is just plain sad that in the 7 months I've been playing, Trion still has not figured out how to do mana regen for healing clerics. Resource management should be at most a challenge, but never a chore; which is exactly what it is for healy clerics.

It's actually the biggest fault I found with the game before launch and it still is. Sure, the lack of content and stale healer mechanics for clerics are also big factors but they are rather moot when you take into consideration the state of mana management for clerics that nobody else has. I'd love for Trion to change Rift into a game I _want_ to play and not just something to play while i'm waiting on something else, but honestly, I don't see it happening.

Telaran

Good post, but are we talking about a generic energy recharge?

An Inquisitor has an extremely good attack that recharges them, but it would force you into Inquisitor and like 14 points in it.

DrRocket

+ Reply to Thread