+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion please allow Class Respecs

Soulwalker

Default Trion please allow Class Respecs

Every MMO with a class system has shot itself in the foot by gimping different classes to the point that they are unplayable. Leaving the only option to either quit, often taken, or spend a month grinding out another Max level. Not even taking into account the loss of faction grinding.

Given your recent failures at "balancing" that are slowly driving your user base away, why don't you allow purchased class respecs. That way at least all the time spent grinding does not go to waste. It will also clearly show you what the most powerfull specs are and also the ones that need the most help.

Thanks
    Clissian

Quote Originally Posted by Clissian View Post
    Every MMO with a class system has shot itself in the foot by gimping different classes to the point that they are unplayable. Leaving the only option to either quit, often taken, or spend a month grinding out another Max level. Not even taking into account the loss of faction grinding.

Given your recent failures at "balancing" that are slowly driving your user base away, why don't you allow purchased class respecs. That way at least all the time spent grinding does not go to waste. It will also clearly show you what the most powerfull specs are and also the ones that need the most help.

Thanks
    Clissian
    soul respecs you can buy >_> if you mean calling respecs then you suffer from a huge case of L2P

Blend into the shadows, erase your breath...let your target lie in a pool of their own blood and fade away into the night before their last breath is gone.

Way of the Assassin

Quote Originally Posted by CyanideRose View Post
    soul respecs you can buy >_> if you mean calling respecs then you suffer from a huge case of L2P
    lolololololol

Kanami- Warrior- Champ/BM/--Duo- Rogue/Bard FTW!! and Rei- Pyro/Ele/Storm

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by CyanideRose View Post
    LOL and why not? You have multiple roles per calling, why not allow calling changes. An FFA system would be much easier to balance than the current model. Show me an MMO that wasn't killed by balancing.
    Last edited by Clissian; 04-22-2011 at 07:08 AM.

Plane Touched

Or just roll and alt and enjoy leveling back up again!

Thanks
    Clissian
    Wait what? LOL! Just roll a new toon with the class you want to play. It only takes a week or so to level one to 50.

And as far as balancing is concerned, they have already stated their vision is not to have total balance, that their should be classes that seem a bit OP. With such a diverse soul system it is neigh impossible to balance every class.

Learn to PvP as PvP was meant to be... through adaptation and overcoming your opponent through skill and complete knowledge of your entire arsenal of powers. your days of 1 button spam attacks are over, I am sorry...

Yea yea and maybe after that we should just be able to pay an extra $10 and start out at 50 too!

Because what we really want is shards full of people with zero clue how to play their class at lvl50.

Atmospherik - 60 Rogue on Faeblight

<La Nostra Famiglia>
    Check out my Dimensions FallingWat3r - a tribute to Frank Lloyd Wright,
    and The Tower House on Faeblight

Btw I have 2 50's and a lvl 49 warrior coming up >_> lvling isnt that hard man some of these people derp so hard they completely missed the herp.

Blend into the shadows, erase your breath...let your target lie in a pool of their own blood and fade away into the night before their last breath is gone.

Way of the Assassin

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by jocool32 View Post
    Or just roll and alt and enjoy leveling back up again!
    I wouldn't mind doing this if I didn't have to do all the same quests in the same areas again...

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post
    Wait what? LOL! Just roll a new toon with the class you want to play. It only takes a week or so to level one to 50.

And as far as balancing is concerned, they have already stated their vision is not to have total balance, that their should be classes that seem a bit OP. With such a diverse soul system it is neigh impossible to balance every class.

Learn to PvP as PvP was meant to be... through adaptation and overcoming your opponent through skill and complete knowledge of your entire arsenal of powers. your days of 1 button spam attacks are over, I am sorry...
    Maybe a week if you have no life what so ever. Anyone with a job, kids, family and friends is gonna take longer than a week unless you are outsourcing it to our spamy "friends" in China.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Basherd View Post
    I wouldn't mind doing this if I didn't have to do all the same quests in the same areas again...
    My point exactly. LOL the first 35 levels are completely linear

Soulwalker

Default just plain stupid

Thanks
    Clissian
    I love seeing stupid things like this in forums. If you think for one second that one single factor has killed any MMO you have serious issues or memory loss.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Basherd View Post

Then create the alt on the other faction.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Xanadu View Post

Sound like.. I play a mage or is part of a support team for a pyro mage and dont want my easy kills to end....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MARDORA View Post
    I love seeing stupid things like this in forums. If you think for one second that one single factor has killed any MMO you have serious issues or memory loss.
    LOL prove me wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast