+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Dungeon Finder" should use planar charges

Soulwalker

Default "Dungeon Finder" should use planar charges

My suggestion is that whatever form the Dungeon Finder takes, it should use a planar charge.
    Perhaps to "power" the teleportation of the successfully made group to the instance.

Hopefully this will help negate the standing around in Sanctum/Meridian that we all dread might be a consequence of such a tool.

Rift Disciple

my question for a dungeon finder system, is how would this increase a sense of community?

Currently you ask in 50s channel. If people have grouped with you and you were a jerk they ignore you. If they grouped with you and enjoyed your company they happily join. There is a small measure of accountability with the current system that may well be lost if a dungeon finder system is put in place and if it is cross server that accountability really goes down the drain.

I like accountability and the community being responsible for this directly or indirectly. How would you implement a dungeon finder that did not dismantle this aspect of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparo View Post
    my question for a dungeon finder system, is how would this increase a sense of community?

Currently you ask in 50s channel. If people have grouped with you and you were a jerk they ignore you. If they grouped with you and enjoyed your company they happily join. There is a small measure of accountability with the current system that may well be lost if a dungeon finder system is put in place and if it is cross server that accountability really goes down the drain.

I like accountability and the community being responsible for this directly or indirectly. How would you implement a dungeon finder that did not dismantle this aspect of the game?

First off something would need to be single server (or maybe paired servers for lower pop), but over all I can see 2 ways to manage this.

One is the way I hope they go with the system, A list style. Something like wow's original LFG/LFM system (not the newer LFD cross server one) For those who don't know it, here's a description..
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...76#post1162376

The other is to have your ignore list filter people out of an automated grouping system (or have an independent don't group list)

They could also combine both as a double layer of accountability with the autogroup function having a filter for players you don't want to run with.
    Last edited by JugglingFool04; 04-22-2011 at 06:43 AM.
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Telaran

Trion, ignore anyone who wants to gimp the dungeon finder. Make it and hassle free. You want to make it so people can log on and find a group rather than sit lfg for an hour.

I dunno about other people here but I am unsure how making people sit around lfg increases "community."

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SenorRoboto View Post
    Trion, ignore anyone who wants to gimp the dungeon finder. Make it and hassle free. You want to make it so people can log on and find a group rather than sit lfg for an hour.

I dunno about other people here but I am unsure how making people sit around lfg increases "community."
    read much? Accountability... I have no issue with a LFG system but I was asking a question as to how this aspect might still be part of the game dynamic. Those of us with a more mature personality don't desire to run with aggressive loud children rage quitting and spouting L2P to everyone else because they can't do a dungeon in 10 minutes. Currently we can easily filter those players out because we see them spouting their garbage in 50s channel etc. if it goes cross server this is lost.

This isnt going to ruin the game for me or anything close; it was merely a concern. Trion devs are big boys and gals they don't need you telling them to ignore their players. They are plenty capable of making adult professional decisions to this game without your hostility. It is amazing why individuals like yourself think you are so highly looked upon they you can make such outlandish and demanding statements. Webster juvenile and take a hard look at your behavior.

+ Reply to Thread