+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Event Suggestion

Soulwalker

Default New Event Suggestion

Okay I'm just gonna tell you guys what i thought was a cool idea, and I'm working on it while I'm writing this, so if you have any suggestions to improving the idea please post it:)

Well, Imagine there was some criminal who stumbled into an old man who knows very old secrets, he teaches the criminal those secrets (they're both obviously evil) over a period of time. Then what happens is the criminal starts terrorizing people and idk does stuff that eventually gets people's attention. He has learned to open portals into different planes (The place Rifts lead to dunno what to call them), not to big in size, and he slips through them. Anyways he's come to Telara and wants something valuable from the land, but the location of it is in some big place where there are a lot of guards or maybe some city or village, perhaps spawn a city like structure just for the event:) (I would've said Meridian since I'm from Defiant, but then what would the guardians do?). So what the villan needs to do is get pieces ("Ancient Artifacts") from different zones in Telara, in order to activate this "Valuable Thing" he's searching for, as well as some hidden artifacts that increase his power.

Now the event must be spaced out, letting the phases take their time and not burn through them quickly, like we learned from the previous event, and they can't be a let down (in my opinion) like "Oh you don't get to kill Alsbeth, phase 3 is just her talking and then vanishing".

I'll explain how i believe the events should be spaced out, in my opinion of course:P

So the villain opens a portal at where the artifact is, and then a warning goes out to the world that he's taking one of the "Ancient Artifacts" So theoretically everyone will rush there to kill him, and he has achieved the "Ancient Artifact" but you fight him and attempt to prevent him from escaping, but he will get away anyways through his portal, leaving you unable to follow. This keeps up for some time until he has all the items necessary (Maybe 4-7 Zones of this happening) Which then gives everyone a worldwide warning that he has achieved all the pieces that he requires and he will be attacking the big city or wherever it is that he needs this "Valuable Item".

A portal will open from the sky and he will drop down, having tinkered with the "Ancient Artifacts" that he has and those have given him tremendous power and he has become nearly unstoppable. At this time he attacks the designated City in attempt for this item. Everyone who wants to participate will be given time to assemble there, and PvP between Guardians and Defiants should be turned off!! (It's important that both sides gets to participate! Just say that you need both sides to help defeat him because if he gets the "Valuable Item" he will destroy Telara) Anyways, you fight for your lives, while trying to kill him. If you drop him to a certain percentage he will realize that he's outmatched and breaks for it, trying to escape. This is the part where you follow him, since you want to finish him off. He runs to a certain location, (He will be immune while running, but you must still follow) (This location is important, you will see if you keep reading) and then he uses a big deal of his power to open a vertical rift, and he jumps into it.

This is where things get interesting :)

You follow him INTO the rift! and It will be like a huge cave like room, where you see him running to the old man (His mentor). The villain will block everyone off with a magical forcefield using up a big part of the rest of his powers. You see a scene where he's talking to his teacher and begging for him to help him, and then you see his mentor frustrated at his failure of recovering the "Valuable Item" which he was going to use to open millions of rifts into Telara, and restore his powers completely. The teacher of the villain releasing a surging beam that pierces into the villain and he drains all of his energy into himself, restoring his youth and then takes the "Ancient Artifacts" the villain had. The forcefield disappears since the villain died and you can proceed closer to the Mentor who turns out to be a Lord of the Plane of the Void. He will talk to you for a while, explaining things to you that teaches you about who he is, why he's doing this, something like that:) When he's done he declares that he has told you these things because he doesn't intend for you to survive. You know what happens then!

The Lord morphs into something that looks amazing, cool, badass, whatever you want to call it, which is his battle form (Note, this form shouldn't be huge, since that is lame:D), but he is limited to a maximum state, since he only reclaimed so much of his powers from his pawn (The Villain) You fight him, and attempt to defeat him, If you do beat him you go on to watch his soul (Yes he only has one :P) Split from his body and go out of the rift (which is still open) into Telara slowly, and it teleports everyone out, You now watch his soul split into many different directions and you hear his laughter and then hear him say this will be my departing gift to this world. What happens then is.... A new kind of rift comes into the game! :D Void Rifts! :) Which would be rifts that Occasionally spawn and release the toughest monsters there are (So far) from Rifts (Or something like that, more endgame content, yay! Or it could be just content).

You have defeated the Lord of the Void! Congratz! (You should still be standing outside of the Rift, frozen, unable to move since you got kicked out of the Cave-like room) Now you hear laughter from the Rift, the Emperor of the Void's (Emperor > Lord) voice is in everyone head explaining that you have done well to defeat his son, but he'll still be waiting for you in his castle, on this throne. You can now enter the rift again, and discover that it has become a sort of connector to a new Raid! Yaay :D Where you have to go in and infiltrate his castle and beat him blah blah blah, that's for another day of explanations. Inside that Cave-like place, all your loot will be from the Boss, and it will be a No-PvP zone (Everyone will have PvP Immunity).

That pretty much wraps up my suggestion for the event.

Now for that Phases.

I like the idea that if he's in Telara the Rift's will be come unstable and spawn quicker or something like that, since he's been terrorizing them all, they're attracted to come to fight him, but instead will be fighting us (The Players).

Phase 1: (This Phase could be a couple of weeks) Let's say that the first Phase introduces the idea of this event, giving people time to get to 50, which i think should be the level to do this event (Sorry lowbies D:) and like the sourcestones, there will be something to gather up and exchange for rewards (Everyone loved that idea!)

Phase 2: (This Phase will be shorter, perhaps a week) Every day, at pointed out times, the Villain will be collecting his "Ancient Artifacts" so once a day you'll have to fight him and make him retreat and for the rest of the day there will be a higher spawn of rifts or difficulty, etc.

Interphase: The Villain has now achieved all the items and is in the Cave-like place (which is his hideout, by the way) and is fixing the mechanism that will empower him.

Phase 3: (The phase will obviously have to be in a couple of hours. I actually like the idea of it, since it makes you feel like you're more in the moment, but like last time, people had insane que times and disconnected :((((! ) (Anyways, as my plan would be..) He attacks the City, you fight him, he retreats, you follow in pursuit, he goes into the cave, you go in, see him die, see the lord, fight the lord, beat the lord, exit the cave, watch the soul split, hear the emperor, go in to get your loot.

Interphase: You exit the cave and you see that because of the Lord's soul splitting, there are masses of these new Void Rifts!

Phase 4: (How long this phase depends.. I would say maybe 2 weeks) This Phase is the conclusion to the event. Because of the Lord's soul, a mass burst of Void Rifts from Telara to the plane of Void have been opened for an amount of time (However long the event lasts) and they will be a fun thing to participate in closing. Minor, Unstable, Major, and "Colossal" Rifts will open up! Colossal Void Rifts will have something special of course, not sure yet though (All these ideas are a spark of the moment, like i previously said). So these rifts will keep opening, more than the other rifts, and giving you new creatures to brawl with:) Another thing could be implemented that makes them drop more objects like the sourcestones (That are different from the first stones that drop, to give more diversity in rewards for the event), or something else, maybe a Rifting set will be made, that has set bonuses to increase your damage in Rifts, or maybe They'll give you rep with some new faction that sells new essences and maybe materials for craftings new items, There are MANY possibilities!! After the set amount of time Phase 4 will be over.

Conclusion: There will be new Void Rifts that give special things (Rep, Cool Drops, Accessory Items, etc.) but the items that dropped from them in the event (If added) like stones that you purchase rewards with will be gone, and (If wanted) Another new Raid to do! for more endgame content, and additional things to look forward to doing.

I'm not a fool, adding this would be a challanging feat to accomplish, but if some (Improved) version of this was applied to Rift I'm sure a lot of people would be happy! :) This would require a lot of time to work on and a lot of dedication to making it enjoyable for everyone.

There are a lot of things i thought of (mostly in the beginning), but I have now forgotten while brainstorming all of these ideas (Give me some slack:P, i though of this in like the 1-2 hours I've been writing this) so I'll have to leave it like this for now:)

If you made it up to here (reading) then I congradulate you!:) I hope anyone that reads this likes my ideas and PLEASE POST YOUR IDEAS!! Mine are surely flawed and more ideas or thoughts people might have to fix what i wrote in places is welcomed:) If you want to insult my ideas too go ahead, I'll try not to take it personally:P

Soulwalker

I like it I can tell you put a lot of thought into the story and the issues with the first invasion! I hope the criminal guy would be a leet rogue!!!

Soulwalker

Haha I don't know about a leet rogue, but I think him being a melee class would make sense, in my mind at least Thanks for the positive feedback

Soulwalker

I was thinking that maybe some cool Models could:
    Lord: A person with a robe and a wicked looking staff
    Lord metamorphosis: skin turned black, dark purple, and then his skin becomes hard like those rift spikes That come out of then ground, red eyes, the staff glows with dark powers all the time now:)
    The villain: has rogue like gear, two big swords, and a belt with a Lot of mechanics on it
    He could also be wearing a cape:P
    The void rifts: pitch black, like a void! With grayish energy swirling around.
    Void creatures: void monsters, horns of dark energy, bright red eyes piercing the darkness, something like that.

If you have any suggestions to add, please post:)

Soulwalker

sounds fun.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

/Signed for epicness

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Great idea Blizz!

Heck yes that's a great idea Blizz!!!I'm all for it hope they will consider that! Epicness

Soulwalker

Thanks guys maybe a dev will come by one time and be like hey that's cool Hopefully this could help them out then!

wow 81 views and only 6 comments! Pfft cmon guys! share your opinons of it, even if it's just something like, eh it's okay i guess

Soulwalker

Default Bamp

Bampitty BAMPERS

Soulwalker

Just a couple of additions:

The Villain (Debatable): Vicktor would be his name, and he would be a talented rogue who loves exploring. An orphan probably, he was raised up in a dimension where you had to kill or be killed, so he became a savage individual who was mischievous.

The Valuable Thing: A Charged Crystal Diamond that is infused with the power of the land.
    Ancient Artifacts: 1) The belt that one of the Titans wore, 2) A sphere that pulls planar energy from the air and nearby rifts and puts it into a storage, 3) A box that can store and contain various types of energy. 4) A triangle that will transfer energy (from a power source) to the person who wears it, 5) A cable that connects the Box to the Triangle so the energy can be transferred, 6) A Cylindrical Object that can fire energy out of it into a lazer as well as open tears, 7) A special type of liquid that can mold the parts onto the belt to keep them attached.

As for the city make it a place you can teleport to (when the event beings) using some event teleporter and then have it a City with both Defiants and Guardians in it and their only purpose is to protect the Charged Crystal Diamond from being taken because it contains tremendous amounts of power. So when Vicktor attacks you'll get the option to teleport there and fight him, and inside that zone there will be a area that he can run to and open the portal for the event.

That's all for now If I think of something else I'l be happy to add it!!

+ Reply to Thread