+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make 1-hour buffs persist after death

Default Make 1-hour buffs persist after death

Currently on my build I have 8 buffs that I have to reapply after each and every death. In warfronts, this gets really frustrating. It's like having extra 15 second timer added to your 25 second respawn timer (happens a lot). Why do buff cancel, is there a reason? It serves no purpose other than to be annoying. Why not make them persist until they time out even after death? Purgers can still purge as well.
    Bye Bye Rift. Say hi to Pyros.

That would be very convenient. /signed.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Plane Touched

Its just one of those things that just don't make sense unfortunately, they could do that but they don't

Quote Originally Posted by Melkrow View Post
    Currently on my build I have 8 buffs that I have to reapply after each and every death. In warfronts, this gets really frustrating. It's like having extra 15 second timer added to your 25 second respawn timer (happens a lot). Why do buff cancel, is there a reason? It serves no purpose other than to be annoying. Why not make them persist until they time out even after death? Purgers can still purge as well.
    Yes Please

Yes please.

Even worse than reapplying them is that every time I reapply mien of leadership after dieting I have to drink.
    In PvP it is time consuming and I go through a lot of drinks in a day.
    The two mien skills should either be persistent after death or permanent toggle skills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Rift Disciple

Reapplying buffs is part of the consequences of dying ...

It's already pretty low on the death penalty in this game, I don't think it needs to be any more care bearish :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lightbane View Post
    Its just one of those things that just don't make sense unfortunately, they could do that but they don't
    You Died...So you have to refocus on all those spell and abilities you lost control of/focus on (ie you died, you can't keep remembering to be sturdy or dexterous when you just ceased to be momentarily.).

I'm against this as then they become effectively dispellable passives and as another poster mentioned, removes some of the incentive to not die. They seriously don't take that long to get back up. Even for 8, which is pretty extreme, that's about 1.5 seconds per so 12 seconds, and back on your way. Already the penalty for death is pretty small. No need to change it to save 3-12 seconds per death.
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Most buffs are instant cast so you can cast on the fly.
    I wouldn't mind seeing something like a "cast all buffs button" that has a casting time.

Plane Walker

agree. /signed

+ Reply to Thread