+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The lag time between battle rez needs to be looked at.

Default The lag time between battle rez needs to be looked at.

Theres easily 5-10 second lag time depending on computers from the time you battle res someone to the time they actually stand up.

I guess I could just be used to WoW's brez mechanic, but it seems pretty game breaking in raids. AKA someone dies on infiltrator and gets res'd in a bomb because the lag time between the brez.

This is just one example and I think it's something that needs to be looked at.

Quote Originally Posted by Slythorh View Post
    Theres easily 5-10 second lag time depending on computers from the time you battle res someone to the time they actually stand up.

I guess I could just be used to WoW's brez mechanic, but it seems pretty game breaking in raids. AKA someone dies on infiltrator and gets res'd in a bomb because the lag time between the brez.

This is just one example and I think it's something that needs to be looked at.
    I think it's not computer lag, but it's brain lag.
    Most people don't expect a Brez, even in Instances unless it's been hardwired into them.

The thinking is like this...
    "Damn! I died! Oh well, I'll watch the group to see how they do... don't want to Resurrect yet, and- OH CRAP! That isn't a Soul walk button, it's a Battle Resurrect!!" *click*

The two screens are very similar, and they appear in nearly the exact same spot. Easily mistakable when it's known that the brain sees what it expects to see. I am not expecting to see an "Accept" button, so I don't notice it until I actually investigate.

As for the Lag, I have not experienced it. When I'm paying attention and know to expect the Rez, the animation from the Healer and the time for the popup are very much in-sync. Takes maybe .5 to 1 second to have the game place me at my healer's feet, but that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread