4. Locate all the cairns
    5. A whole slew of achievements
    6. A gajillion artifacts to collect
    7. Unique monsters
    8. Unique invasion bosses
    9. Unique rifts
    10. A dungeon to explore

Every zone has all this stuff.

The problem is, I can't even do half of it before I outlevel the zone. Especially if I spend much time doing the other fun stuff in the game like Warfronts, repeating the dungeons a few times for the good loot, and actually stopping to seal the rifts and fight the invasions when they spawn.

This stuff is fun to do when it's a challenge, when the monsters can hurt me, when I might die, when I have to actually play the game.

But it's a whole lot less fun to run around Silverwood when I'm level 30 because I want those last fiew achievements and because I have three dozen unfinished artifact collections.

I really wish there were a way to turn off my XP so I can keep the zones challenging while I strive to complete the majority of the content in the zone. Or just maybe slow it down by 30-50% so I can still see my XP bar move while I adventure, but I have more time in each zone to explore all this fun content.

Rift Chaser

Default NO

Bad troll bad idea...

I've been leveling primarily with quests, and I've yet to out-level a zone. ...and I'm level 41.

Your either running too many instances or warfronts, or getting too much 'rested' xp or something, but I can pretty much guarantee the cause of the problem is on your end, not Trion's.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Quote Originally Posted by Djinn View Post
    Bad troll bad idea...
    There is nothing troll about this post.

I agree with the OPs intentions but it wont help. All it would do really is give power leveling services more customers. If the player is so lame that they don't want to experience the game then slowing their leveling down wont change it.

As for your self the game is full of options. Cut down on the Rifting for instance if you want to slow down, but there is no reason why you cant do quest with mobs that are a few levels lower.

Quote Originally Posted by nefermore View Post
    There is nothing troll about this post.

I agree with the OPs intentions but it wont help. All it would do really is give power leveling services more customers. If the player is so lame that they don't want to experience the game then slowing their leveling down wont change it.

As for your self the game is full of options. Cut down on the Rifting for instance if you want to slow down, but there is no reason why you cant do quest with mobs that are a few levels lower.

Actually based on the OP he's not asking for across the board XP nerfs for everyone he's asking for and Option for reduced XP players can choose to pick or not. Thus power leveling would remain unchanged.

While Completely halting XP would be bad (twinks), there are some good options to do reduced XP gain while negating alot of the effect of twinking.

Here's a post a I made in another thread about the same thing and how to help prevent twinking but still allow the option.

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...65#post2183165
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Soulwalker

The only time I've outleveled a zone was simply because I had too much rested exp and it was on my alt. Less exp would be unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Reithan View Post
    The only time I've outleveled a zone was simply because I had too much rested exp and it was on my alt. Less exp would be unnecessary.
    And I've out-leveled a few zones myself (I actively do Rifts, Instances, occasional PvP, and rarely quest these days because when I do, I find I level far too fast for my tastes).

It certainly may not be necessary for anyone (neither are guild banks, LFG, Addons, an appearance tab, more raids, or better PVP as nice as those things may be for some) but for people who like to complete everything at level or like doing everything available to them, not just running through each quest in turn (I actually have skipped quite a few quest hubs completely while leveling even in the zones I didn't pass up)

While you may not want it. Others do. And most posts I've seen have been willing to help minimize issues due to things like twinking that a reduced leveling rate option could create as long as they get something to help them set a pace they'd enjoy more.
    Last edited by JugglingFool04; 04-22-2011 at 07:01 AM.
    * Iím trapped under a huge pile of patch notes! Send help!
    * Werewolves can now be Butchered.
    * The ĎIím Stuckí button will stop getting stuck after 24 hours has passed. The irony of this is not lost on us, either.
    * Death Rift: Eternal Souls: You know that dragon that had wings but liked to walk a lot? He flies now!
    * Major zone events should fire off more often and the mythical purple zone event currencies should rain from the sky! Okay, maybe not rain - but they'll be more common than they have been recently.

Shadowlander

I agree with the original poster. I would like an *option* to slow down leveling.

Yes, there are plenty of people who like the leveling pace the way it is now. I'm not suggesting that should be taken away from you. But there are lots of us for whom the game would be more enjoyable if it were slower.

I've been leveling primarily with quests, and I've yet to out-level a zone. ...and I'm level 41.

Your either running too many instances or warfronts, or getting too much 'rested' xp or something, but I can pretty much guarantee the cause of the problem is on your end, not Trion's.
    What constitutes "too many" instances or warfronts is a matter of taste. Why should a player have to hold himself back on those things, in order to avoid ruining other parts of the game?

Again, it's a matter of taste. Personally, I find it boring to do quests, or hunt for artifacts, or gather crafting supplies, if there's no challenge to it. The idea of running around Stonefield looking for artifacts or chasing achievements as a level 50 is distasteful. That's not fun to me.

Soulwalker

I understand that everyone has their own playing style, but I agree with the original post. Please give an option to turn off XP or slow it down. I am a casual player. There are some nights all I do is craft or harvest so as not to gain XP.

Playing the same way I am playing RIFT, in all the MMO's I have ever played I have never maxed out a character. Some of those games I played for a few years.

+ Reply to Thread