+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Money instead of experience for capped characters (quests)

Default Money instead of experience for capped characters (quests)

Create a new formula for capped players and quests. Increase the monetary gain from these quests. Daily quests and such still say exp and yield about the amount of gold I can get from soloing one round of a level 30 rift.

Please give more coin to those who care capped for the quests to offer a reward.
    While you are at instead of even taking the item from some of the rewards maybe also offer a monetary value reward instead since a lot of this gear is junk.

i completely agree with more gold for capped players. we do not gain exp so it is kind of unfair to give us the same gold and exp that a 49 would get.

Would be SO nice.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by runicNomad View Post
    Create a new formula for capped players and quests. Increase the monetary gain from these quests. Daily quests and such still say exp and yield about the amount of gold I can get from soloing one round of a level 30 rift.

Please give more coin to those who care capped for the quests to offer a reward.
    While you are at instead of even taking the item from some of the rewards maybe also offer a monetary value reward instead since a lot of this gear is junk.

I second this motion. I would even be happy to have 50% more money and notoriety, but it does make me a sad panda when I turn in a quest to receive 30 gold and 6000 exp.

I completely agree. It might help the horrid RIFT economy as well.

Majuk & Maju Bhi'bri

Rift Master

Signed, currently a single spur of 3 ore from a Carmintium Vein is worth more than the average 50 quest (55g or so).

Holy crap. Yes.

1. I'm usually broke. Not sure what I spend money on, but maybe an economics class would do me well.

2. I'm baffled why Dailies don't do this already. Just double or triple the Quest Reward money while removing the Exp reward for 50's, and we'll be happy campers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Rift Master

Completely agree with this

YEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!
    My 50 mage has 6 plat. If my alts artifacts sell, my level 14 will have 46 plat. Something about this seems off. Level capped players should receive monetary bonuses for completing quests instead of experience.
    "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

/signed Incentives to keep questing past level cap are always nice.

Soulwalker

Default Mob farming for plat?

Haven't gotten to high level yet, at only 45. Have noticed now that mobs drop about 1-2gold per in straight cash at my level not counting item values. Wouldn't mob farming generate enough cash not even touching gathering skills?

Mob farm + gathering doesn't give enough....? Asking, since I had assumed it would...

-Adsum

Quote Originally Posted by Adsum View Post
    Haven't gotten to high level yet, at only 45. Have noticed now that mobs drop about 1-2gold per in straight cash at my level not counting item values. Wouldn't mob farming generate enough cash not even touching gathering skills?

Mob farm + gathering doesn't give enough....? Asking, since I had assumed it would...

-Adsum
    After farming mobs for 1 to 2 hours, the handful of junk items you pick up will quite possibly give you twice as much gold as the normal gold loot. I find that to be a problem.
    Last edited by Xenataos; 04-21-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    "Did you ever wonder if the person in the puddle is real, and you're just a reflection of him?" -Calvin, Calvin and Hobbes

/signed.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

As long as the mobs would offer exp if you could still get it yes.
    We have had enough troubles already with 50s zerging low level content.

Quote Originally Posted by nefermore View Post
    As long as the mobs would offer exp if you could still get it yes.
    We have had enough troubles already with 50s zerging low level content.
    The idea is that once you are 50, instead of quests showing both monetary and experience rewards, it would just show an increased monetary reward, it would have no bearing on those below level cap.
    To be of the heart or of the mind - neither is cursed but both are damned in some way. -Shagroth

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast