+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Raid Rifts

Default Raid Rifts

I need to make a suggestion about raid rifts, my guild has been griefed by a same-faction guild more than once. For example, Terror of Undeath, phase 2. There are mobs who need to be kited before they are debuffed and ran back to the tank at their starting location. A tank from the other guild taunted this mob (2nd taunt after our tank, making it immune now) and ran it out to reset it. When the mob came back it aggro'd again before it could be picked up and oneshotted our tank, resulting in what you would call a wipe although many were able to run out.

We can deal with guardians, we do play on a pvp server and expect pvp to happen on it. This gets skewed when you can't kill the players trying to wipe you.

My suggestion: make raid rift mobs and possibly expert rift mobs immune to taunt by any same-faction player who is not in the original group who summoned the rift. Leave it so players of the other faction can still taunt or do what they want, I don't want to mess with the PVP aspect of it. My issue is only with same-faction grief. If you add this simple change, it would make many lives easier, I'm sure.

I did ticket and speak with a GM regarding this guild and their leader at length. I gave him exact names and times and unfortunately he was unable to help out in any way. I advised him of my suggestion and he told me to add it here, which is what brings me here today.
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Needs a bump. If GMs are unable to do anything about this, and we can't kill the players responsible, and we can't get the plaques back, what are we supposed to do?
    Kalistrasz
    Level 50 Warrior
    "Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general." - Mark Rippetoe

Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    I need to make a suggestion about raid rifts, my guild has been griefed by a same-faction guild more than once. For example, Terror of Undeath, phase 2. There are mobs who need to be kited before they are debuffed and ran back to the tank at their starting location. A tank from the other guild taunted this mob (2nd taunt after our tank, making it immune now) and ran it out to reset it. When the mob came back it aggro'd again before it could be picked up and oneshotted our tank, resulting in what you would call a wipe although many were able to run out.

We can deal with guardians, we do play on a pvp server and expect pvp to happen on it. This gets skewed when you can't kill the players trying to wipe you.

My suggestion: make raid rift mobs and possibly expert rift mobs immune to taunt by any same-faction player who is not in the original group who summoned the rift. Leave it so players of the other faction can still taunt or do what they want, I don't want to mess with the PVP aspect of it. My issue is only with same-faction grief. If you add this simple change, it would make many lives easier, I'm sure.

I did ticket and speak with a GM regarding this guild and their leader at length. I gave him exact names and times and unfortunately he was unable to help out in any way. I advised him of my suggestion and he told me to add it here, which is what brings me here today.
    Good idea.

+ Reply to Thread