+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trading Bind on Pickup (BoP) loots

Soulwalker

Default Trading Bind on Pickup (BoP) loots

First of all, english is not my frist language, so give me a chance with this post :P

I was running DD the other night with my cleric and the last boss dropped a 2h hammer with Wisdom and Int stats. The hammer was a nice upgrade but the warrior rolled "need" as well; he just saw the big upgrade on the dps and he clicked "need" instantly. After he won the hammer, he noticed that he made a mistake but could not do anything about it.

I'm pretty sure mistake like that have happened in the past and here is my suggestion to solve this problem; Could you give the possibility to trade any BoP item with a timer (5min, 10min)? Additionnaly, you could only trade with people in your group when the item dropped to avoid any abuse with this timer.

I'm aware this system is already in some other MMO and it helps to avoid mistake like that.

This was a great feature implemented in Aion that I always appreciated. Some people just seem to have a trigger happy finger on loots that are a certain color. They see them and just roll simply because it's purple. Then because they feel terrible and whatnot they have to open a ticket with a GM, wasting the GM's time which should be devoted to more important things. With a feature such as this, problems like these will never have to pester a GM. Therefore GM's have more time to do what they should be doing and generally be even more helpful than they already are with the extra time they have.

It worked wonderfully in Aion, removing some of the fear people had from taking Pugs with them to instances. Knowing that accidents do happen, but will they take the time to open a ticket? Will the GM move the item?

Instead it will be a quick fix, in the dungeon. Open trade-->trade item with person who actually needed it (who was present at the drop time of the item only). After 5 minutes, you can no longer trade the item. No abuse, prevents an issue. Everyone is happy =)

Thanks for posting this OP

Quote Originally Posted by Neishia View Post
    This was a great feature implemented in Aion that I always appreciated. Some people just seem to have a trigger happy finger on loots that are a certain color. They see them and just roll simply because it's purple. Then because they feel terrible and whatnot they have to open a ticket with a GM, wasting the GM's time which should be devoted to more important things. With a feature such as this, problems like these will never have to pester a GM. Therefore GM's have more time to do what they should be doing and generally be even more helpful than they already are with the extra time they have.

It worked wonderfully in Aion, removing some of the fear people had from taking Pugs with them to instances. Knowing that accidents do happen, but will they take the time to open a ticket? Will the GM move the item?

Instead it will be a quick fix, in the dungeon. Open trade-->trade item with person who actually needed it (who was present at the drop time of the item only). After 5 minutes, you can no longer trade the item. No abuse, prevents an issue. Everyone is happy =)

Thanks for posting this OP
    WoW's version of this had a 1 hour timer.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    *sigh*

You aren't in Azeroth anymore.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by corrin View Post
    I think an hour is a bit overkill. If it truly is a mistake, it doesn't take more than 5 minutes to figure it out. If you need an hour for this, then you are either abusing the system or a complete and utter moron.

5-10 minutes is PLENTY of time for something like this. It is only meant for miss rolls not change of hearts.

+ Reply to Thread