+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestion: Chicken Rifts! (offbeat)

Default Suggestion: Chicken Rifts! (offbeat)

So I clicked on this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-***WHERE-***
    hoping against hope it would be about Rifts with chickens in them something like the Cow Level. Sadly, no.

But there is room for a little bit of humour and randomness in Rift, I think. We have these horrible rifts being torn through the world and extra-planar entities flooding out of them - but harmless farmyard animals minding their own business do get caught up in tornados too, you know. (Twister, anyone?)

Proposal: 'Vanity' Rifts

Mechanism: Whenever you use your planar lure to open an ordinary tear there is a 5% chance that instead of an extra-planar rift, you may open a mundane rift containing non-planar creatures.

Eg. Air (tornado): confused farmyard animals, angry farmhands, floating debris, runaway farm machinery.

Outcome: Just for fun. On sealing them, you have a chance (say 10%) to receive a companion and get an achievement.

Eg. 'Twist and Shout' : Receive a Grateful Cow companion from a Twister.
    (lol, I am thinking Ermintrude from the Magic Roundabout)

Plane Touched

Heehee I like this idea! After all not every single creature from the planes must be a slobbering monster out to invade and destroy us all!

Im picturing what the water types would be like. Giant octopus, baffled dolphins, illtempered mutated seabass...

Achievement on closing:
    A Fish out of Water
    Companion - Im thinking similar to the fish from Futurama with the little suit that allows him to walk on land.

Quote Originally Posted by Belila View Post
    Heehee I like this idea! After all not every single creature from the planes must be a slobbering monster out to invade and destroy us all!

Im picturing what the water types would be like. Giant octopus, baffled dolphins, illtempered mutated seabass...

Achievement on closing:
    A Fish out of Water
    Companion - Im thinking similar to the fish from Futurama with the little suit that allows him to walk on land.

And one of the loot can be a temporary (24 hours only) fish suit illusion!

Sharks with Freakin' laserbeams.

Quote Originally Posted by Belila View Post
    Yes, futurama walking fish FTW!!

I would really prefer not to see this. At least not in the way you described.

To be honest, though, I wouldn't be surprised if I used the planar lure to open a rift; and a few hundred squirrels poured out of it, but that's just cuz' someone in Trion is WAY too obsessed with squirrels
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Too funny.

I think the special rifts should be seasonally themed. So yea we need colored eggs , bunnies and giant chicks in pastel colors. Rift boss must be a giant chocolate bunny that flings scalding hot chocolate periodically.

Quote Originally Posted by nefermore View Post

Too funny.

I think the special rifts should be seasonally themed. So yea we need colored eggs , bunnies and giant chicks in pastel colors. Rift boss must be a giant chocolate bunny that flings scalding hot chocolate periodically.

...hmm, that would be an interesting way to incorporate holidays into the game. I'd wet myself laughing if I opened a Rift on Dec. 25th and Santa's sleigh came soring through the tear and crashing to the ground, and an absolutely pissed santa gets up and and says something like "Do you have any idea how much work I have to do tonight?! I don't have time for this!!" and then proceeds to rip people apart.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Rift Disciple

hahaha I would LOVE this really great suggestion
    Quote Originally Posted by Iansanity View Post
    It was even funnier in certain other games; where a leather clad cow (heh heh) then shapeshifts into a completely unarmoured bear-tank... but no one really minded that... because it's maaaagic (whereas a mage isn't?!).

Oh v nice! I would love to see seasonal rifts as a way to include holiday events into the game.

+ Reply to Thread