+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tooltips

Rift Disciple

Default Tooltips

I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to complain about this: tooltips clearly do not display accurate numbers. There are many talents which improve the effectiveness of other abilities, and these improvements are never reflected in the abilities' tooltips. The number clearly has to be calculable somewhere. Would it really be that hard to have the tooltip reflect accurate figures?

Ideally, I'd like to see the tooltip reflect the total damage/healing/etc from the given ability and break it down into how much of that is due to the base numbers, how much is due to spell power/attack power, and how much is due to other abilities.

As with many UI issues, this is something that could almost certainly be resolved by releasing an API and letting me modify the UI however I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by redwards View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the first to complain about this: tooltips clearly do not display accurate numbers. There are many talents which improve the effectiveness of other abilities, and these improvements are never reflected in the abilities' tooltips. The number clearly has to be calculable somewhere. Would it really be that hard to have the tooltip reflect accurate figures?

Ideally, I'd like to see the tooltip reflect the total damage/healing/etc from the given ability and break it down into how much of that is due to the base numbers, how much is due to spell power/attack power, and how much is due to other abilities.
    /signed

Quote Originally Posted by redwards View Post
    As with many UI issues, this is something that could almost certainly be resolved by releasing an API and letting me modify the UI however I want to.
    /signed

+ Reply to Thread