+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Needed: Alliances and guild bank

Default Needed: Alliances and guild bank

Rift is not as socially up to par as it could be. Or should I say, being social isn't as easy as it should be. First off a guild bank is needed for when players want to make things for their guild mates but don't want to have to ask every day if anyone needs anything. Secondly alliances are needed for one specific purpose: alliance chat. Not everyone you know is going to be in the same guild. So there needs to be alliances to bridge that gap. Now I know there's a friend's list but saying you should just use your friend's list is like saying you should drive a manual car instead of an automatic. Now some people prefer manual I know but MOST prefer automatic. And so saying that a friend's list is enough is like saying that we don't need automatic cars and they shouldn't be made because we have manuals already.

1: Trion has promised us they're working on a Guild Bank. Enough people have suggested (cried for) it that they'd need to be pretty thick in the head to not know we want Guild Banks, by now.

2: Our solution thusfar has been to encourage all guildmates in our allied Guilds to /join a specially-named chat. I agree it would be lovely to have this option in a button or as a passive trait to chats, but hey, we make do for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Plane Touched

I'm getting desperate for guild banks myself.

Rift Chaser

I guess some one has to necro this before it closes, since the other thread we were told to continue the discussion in is already locked automatically. WTG Trion forum mods! "This is a duplicate topic, we're going to lock it and ask that you go back to an old thread, which we've already locked, or this other thread which isn't 100% relevant." Walsingham FTW

Last post here, from the mod, has me laughing.

Can't auto-lock old threads and close all duplicate threads, guys.
    Last edited by FuseAQM; 05-24-2011 at 10:59 AM.

If the squeaky wheel's always gettin' the grease,
    I'm totally devoted to disturbing the peace.

Sez

My guild has an alliance. We currently have a vent channel with them, and know all members by name.

So just like the rest of the game, its only as good as you make it.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    My guild has an alliance. We currently have a vent channel with them, and know all members by name.

That's what I used to do in WoW as well.

It works.

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post

Who are you guys allied with if you don't mind me asking, Humble?
    Guild Leader of Unholy - Defiant Regulos.

Quote Originally Posted by Kozza
    Anyone who has worked in customer service knows that customers will always complain about something. Trion could give out kittens to everyone and you'd still get people saying "Where's my puppy Trion? In fact, you should have given me a puppy two weeks ago. Don't you realize that most of your customers are puppy-lovers and not kitten-lovers? If you don't give us puppies right away, you're going to lose EVEN MORE subs."

Possibly followed by someone else saying "Trion never advertised this as a puppy-centric game, 80% of players want kittens, get over it."

+ Reply to Thread