+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Morvick

Thread: Equipment Manager

Shadowlander

Default Equipment Manager

Please add this feature, basically where I can save a set of gear for tanking in a tab and when I want to change out for dps gear I can click it. Check WoW's gear manager for references, it's very handy for us multi-rolers.

Default Or, we could...

Quote Originally Posted by Deceive27 View Post
    Please add this feature, basically where I can save a set of gear for tanking in a tab and when I want to change out for dps gear I can click it. Check WoW's gear manager for references, it's very handy for us multi-rolers.
    The macro to do this isn't that hard.

STEP 1: Equip the gear you want. Anything, really. Probably your tank gear, in this case.

STEP 2: Type the following into chat, without quotation marks...
    "/saveequip 1"
    You should see a confirming yellow message that "Equipment has been saved."

STEP 3: Ready the Macro screen and add an icon you'll remember. Maybe even name it?

STEP 4: Type the following, without quotation marks, into the field...
    "loadequip 1
    role 1
    yell BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!"

STEP 5: Save.

So, what have you done? Clicking the button you've designated (drag it from the Macro screen's list at the left, into an Actionbar) will change your gear to "Equip 1", or it could be "Equip 2" if you felt like it. ALSO, it will swap your current Role towards whatever is Role 1 (no, you cannot rename the roles). That works for Roles 1, 2, 3, and 4 respectively. My example assumes your tanking role is set to Role 1. You're also going to be impersonating overly-muscular 1980's cartoon heroes, so I hope that doesn't bother you.

Yes it's a little technical and the feature is not given to you on a silver platter with a splash of wine, but you accomplish precisely what is seen in WoW. That being, you can match gear with roles, and swap these entire setups with the click of a single button.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-20-2011 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Just be sure when you save your equipment set you aren't mounted at the time you do it lol! I figured this out later on when every time I clicked my macro my toon tried to mount afterword giving me an error message when she was somewhere she couldn't mount up.

Soulwalker

thx Morvick.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceive27 View Post
    Yes Please

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    The macro to do this isn't that hard.

STEP 1: Equip the gear you want. Anything, really. Probably your tank gear, in this case.

STEP 2: Type the following into chat, without quotation marks...
    "/saveequip 1"
    You should see a confirming yellow message that "Equipment has been saved."

STEP 3: Ready the Macro screen and add an icon you'll remember. Maybe even name it?

STEP 4: Type the following, without quotation marks, into the field...
    "loadequip 1
    role 1
    yell BY THE POWER OF GREYSKULL!"

STEP 5: Save.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for this!
    LvL 65 1k hit / LvL 63 Prestige

+ Reply to Thread