+ Reply to Thread

Thread: nerf tank specs for pvp

Rift Disciple

Default nerf tank specs for pvp

tank specs are basically i win buttons for pvp.

tank specs shouldnt do any damage at all.

they should be for mitigation and threat in pve only.

allowing tank specs to do a lot of damage/healing while still having all that defense was always a huge mistake that mmo makers made.

tank specs should never be viable for pvp because it can be too easily exploited to survive things that nobody else can.

lets correct a mistake other mmo makers made and put an end to it, eh?
    “People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.”- -Edmund Burke

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."- -Padme Amidala

Shadowlander

In pvp the trick is, ignore the tank. Kill his buddies with your buddies then it'll be your team vs a tank. Dead tank, simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Deceive27 View Post
    In pvp the trick is, ignore the tank. Kill his buddies with your buddies then it'll be your team vs a tank. Dead tank, simple.
    Agreed. Also, know when you aren't going to win.

In Port Scion, I (on my Mage) regularly encounter those haughty Defiants who have the flash of brilliance to pull out their Void Knight-heavy soul. Translation: I do a net of 0 dps to these fellows in most cases.

"That's fine," I say, "I need any rogues to kill <player name> for me, please?"
    Within 10 seconds that tank is eating more physical damage than he can shake a pointy stick at, and I can move on to important things; like AOE'ing where I last saw a Stealthed rogue.
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-20-2011 at 07:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Minty Freshness View Post
    tank specs are basically i win buttons for pvp.

tank specs shouldnt do any damage at all.

they should be for mitigation and threat in pve only.

allowing tank specs to do a lot of damage/healing while still having all that defense was always a huge mistake that mmo makers made.

tank specs should never be viable for pvp because it can be too easily exploited to survive things that nobody else can.

lets correct a mistake other mmo makers made and put an end to it, eh?

That is one of the worst threads I have ever seen.
    First of all, when you are so in pvp, do not focus the tank or just cc him or whatever.
    Second, the tanks do not do some badass dmg whatsoever, sure they have the survivability, but what would you expect from a tanking specc.
    Third, it is no exploiting just to pick a tank for pvp.

Rift Chaser

Default sigh

Tanks can come in all they want. I can see a caster hating on a Voidknight, and a melee who relys on close combat and physical strikes having trouble with a tank. Attacking the classes you are not designed to attack is stupid, find another target as the ones that are designed to beat you typically will. This is just class balance, done right. I left WOW due to class homginization, meaning all classes are leveled so that all classes are on equal playing fields with all others. This is not good, as it leads to one tree being chosen and horsecollering specs to specific rolls, with little to no variety in opponent. It was all about who blew their trinket first. It also leads to a caster having the same armor vaule as a tank, and taking the same amount of damge and in some cases having just as much life. This is simply not logical. Tere are classes that have high damage outpout and little damage mitigation, then in this game you can bring those things on your own valition to both being moderate. The only problem I see in this game at this point is with Pyromancer's and there insane survivablity with their insane damage output, coupled with their GoS providing immunity to CC. Fix that and all is well.

+ Reply to Thread