+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Level 50 is getting lame

Telaran

Default Level 50 is getting lame

Speaking as a rogue, level 50 is getting pretty lame. This is starting to remind me of being a monk standing in front of karnor's castle in eq1. I just sit and sit and no wants to group up.

All people want are tanks and healers. Well, I cant play a riftstalker. Sorry, its a ****ty class. Its too damn hard to play effectively and even if you are just ok, you get killed for not mashing a bunch of buttons and in some silly rotation while keeping up 3 buffs. Role-playing, bah.

Trion, please do two things: 1) add a dungeon finder ASAP. 2) make it cross server or server clusters or whatever.

I am sick and tired of wasting my money on a game just to be lfg. Even the damn warfronts take forever to pop and, dammit, they are boring. I want to do some dungeons. Jesus.

Dungeon Finder or LFG... ok. Cross-server, I still disagree with.

And just as a reality check OP, this game is about 7 or 8 weeks out of the gate. Were you expecting endless entertaining endgame content?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Telaran

I am expecting to be able to log on, find a group and do a dungeon without having to sit around lfg for 30 - 60 minutes before a group to some dungeon I am locked out of asks me to join.

I dont care how old the game is or isnt. Give us a cross server dungeon finder so we can do things. We can argue about the philosophical merits or faults of it as we are playing dungeons instead of sitting lfg.

Quote Originally Posted by SenorRoboto View Post
    I am expecting to be able to log on, find a group and do a dungeon without having to sit around lfg for 30 - 60 minutes before a group to some dungeon I am locked out of asks me to join.

I dont care how old the game is or isnt. Give us a cross server dungeon finder so we can do things. We can argue about the philosophical merits or faults of it as we are playing dungeons instead of sitting lfg.
    Fair, but here's another question.

Do you log in at "prime time" for your server, or is your schedule a little more erratic? Normally my LFG experiences have been fairly fruitful, even if I falsely advertise myself as DPS (main spec being Healing).

Could also just be your server. Could be that there aren't 2 million subscribers yet. *shrug* Normally I just run with my Guild, and honestly that's been the end of my problems with Dungeon availability.
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-20-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

What to do at L50...

- Crafting Daily
    - SS/IPP/SM Faction dailies
    - WF daily
    - Restock the craft daily mats
    2 hours have now gone by...

- stand for an hour in the forlorn hope you find an expert pug that doesn't suck
    - stand for another hour for that last crucial member of the pug
    - 10 minutes later you find that the Tank in your T2 only has T1 Toughness and keeps blowing up

Quote Originally Posted by CyclopsSlayer View Post
    What to do at L50...

- Crafting Daily
    - SS/IPP/SM Faction dailies
    - WF daily
    - Restock the craft daily mats
    2 hours have now gone by...

- stand for an hour in the forlorn hope you find an expert pug that doesn't suck
    - stand for another hour for that last crucial member of the pug
    - 10 minutes later you find that the Tank in your T2 only has T1 Toughness and keeps blowing up
    Profit!

Just as a note, people want tanks and healers because that is what is in short supply. My suggestion would be to create an alt who is a tank or healer...

or you could just create another thread on the forum...in the wrong forum at that...complaining that there is absolutely nothing for you to do.

Plane Walker

Don't be mad but its called getting a guild. Get in a guild, make a good name for yourself, and you will not have to worry about groups. You will know whether your are going to fail or not in the dungeons. Thats how these games work. It's been like that since EQ.

If a cross server LFD tool is put in all you will hear is QQ about getting stuck with crappy players. Usually I find unguilded players or players who "don't have time to play" end up being bad players anyway. Mainyl becuase they don't play enough to learn their class and QQ until the game goes easy mode or they just quit.

a dungeon finder is not going to solve the fact that there are too many dps, and not enough people willing to tank or heal.
    Niia - 50 Mathosian Cleric Heals
    Unicorn - 38 Dwarf Mage

<Threshold>
    Guardian - Reclaimer PvP

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Niia View Post
    a dungeon finder is not going to solve the fact that there are too many dps, and not enough people willing to tank or heal.
    true..the simple fact remains that in most mmos..tanks and healers just arent fun to play..theyre either too complicated, or just boring.

but when some do play tanks and healers as mains they get that *holier than thou* attitude and think they should get special treatment.
    “People crushed by law, have no hopes but from power. If laws are their enemies, they will be enemies to laws; and those who have much to hope and nothing to lose, will always be dangerous.”- -Edmund Burke

"So this is how liberty dies... with thunderous applause."- -Padme Amidala

Telaran

Not everyone is on a high population server or can play during prime time, and for those people who don't have a tank or healer it can be very frustrating, i agree that something needs to be done, a person shouldn't have to suffer just because of the server the chose/the time that they play/the class they chose.

I personally play a tank on a high population server so its not a problem for me but i can understand how it could be very frustrating, especially since at lvl 50 your basically expected to group and grind dungeons over and over again.

Hopefully they will offer server transfers soon, on the faeblight server it seems dps are always needed, tanks are pretty easy to find and healers are a little harder but not much.
    Last edited by Borindir; 04-21-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Rift Master

I can see his complaint truthfully, people want tanks and healers, his class offers a tank and support alternative that he is capable of using. However the support alternative is easily available (every Rogue is a Bard) and the Tank alternative isn't useable (because Riftstalker's aren't feasibly capable of tanking endgame content to the level that others can or even close).

Its a legit complaint honestly. Between spending 50 hours finding groups and not being capable of performing well enough to be in half of them.

As a Warrior I'm lucky, I leveled with Tank in mind for the sake of endgame (since I knew Tanks would be in shorter supply), I have my Tank, DPS, PvP, and Support specs just incase anyone needs anything, and unlike Rogues, every single spec I have is viable.

Plane Walker

Most people don't tank or heal becuase of the incredibly rude people who QQ all the live long day if you make a mistake. Whoever gets picked on usually depends on who has weaker gear even though fault goes the other way.

Does this thread really belong here? Sounds more like a Gen Chat to me.

OP is having a hard time getting a group eh? Man, Being in Australia, its hard to find a group as is. Stupid timezone.

Server: Now at Laethys (Was: Estrael)
    Toon: FrozenBlood
    Class: warrior - Raid Tank - (G)
    Guild: --

Telaran

I dunno where it "needs" to be. All I know, is I have a problem and I "suggested" a solution for it. So, I looked and, lo and behold, I saw a "suggestion" forum. I figured, hmm, my "suggestion" might go well in this "suggestion" forum. I could be wrong but who knows. I can't get a group, so I minus well debate semantics with you here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast