+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Map Tranparency

Default Map Tranparency

This is just a small pet peeve of mine, but it troubles me often enough to make mention of it. Maybe I just haven't found the right toggle in the in-game options, but I don't like that when I'm auto-running, the big map is semi-transparent and I am unable to interact with it.

Basically, the times when it becomes an issue is when I'm traveling from one end of a zone to another; the map is focused on where I am, but I want to look towards the other end of the zone to see if there are any rifts along the way I might be interested in taking on, if the place I'm headed is under attack from/taken over by an invasion, etc., without having to stop running to do so.

As I said, it's not a world-changer as far as suggestions go, but it's something that seems to have the potential to improve the experience of the game for me and people like me while altering very little about the game as a whole.

You are going to love this, I found it totally by accident.

Open your Map. At the bottom is a button on the left. It's not labeled, but when you mouse over it, it says, "Auto-fade toggle"

Click it and your map will no longer become transparent and you can zoom in and out and mark a waypoint while moving. Why this is not the default is anyone's guess, but it sure made my life easier!

Thank you so much. Went through all the tabs in the options menu looking for it. Guess I never thought it'd be hiding in plain sight on the map. Suggestion withdrawn.

Rift Chaser

There's a toggle (checkmark) at the bottom of the map window that lets you turn this behavior on or off. Just stop for a moment so that the map becomes solid, toggle it and start running again, and you'll see a solid map

+ Reply to Thread