+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Difficulty

Default Difficulty

I suppose this is more wishful thinking than a suggestion, but...

I remember in EQ when a one on one fight was a real struggle. Too much so often times, perhaps, but it felt more like an accomplishment to take down a baddie. Now days in many MMOs, including Rift, aside from boss mobs, mobs seem to be more "in the way" than an actual challenge. What I'd love to see is this:

1) It seems most, if not all, characters can take on 3 mobs at a time, many can take more. So, scale up the mobs so that each is the equivalent of 2-3 mobs as they are currently.

2) Thin out the herds accordingly. I'm looking to make it more challenging, but not "group required to do anything at all" challenging.

3) Increase loot, coin, xp rewards for both kills and quests accordingly

4) Scale kill requirements on quests accordingly, too.

As I say, the goal is to make each fight more meaningful. Simply going after higher level mobs doesn't quite cut it because of the hit penalties involved. But it just seems to me that an even level mob should be about an even match...
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

Really? No one has any thoughts on this?
    "I'm old enough to know that a longer life isn't always a better one. In the end, you just get tired. Tired of the struggle. Tired of losing everyone that matters to you. Tired of watching everything turn to dust. If you live long enough, Lazarus, the only certainty left is that you'll end up alone." -- The Doctor, Doctor Who: The Lazarus Experiment

I can see where your coming from, but I don't think it'd be worth it to redistribute every mob in the game, change the xp it gives, the loot it drops, etc, just to beef up the strength of the mob.

If you can take 3 mobs at a time, then do it. /shrug
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

Try putting a title in the post that suggest what its about. You might get more supportive replies that way. Most of the time I skip subjective post titles too.

+ Reply to Thread