+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spice up Item models in RoS

Default Spice up Item models in RoS

I am hoping that TRION still intends to go back and re-look at the item models used on River of Souls drops. I had gotten a sword of dark omens from a dark focus. Mini boss sure and the model was...well rather plain. Disappointed but again this was a mini boss of sorts, regular bosses and Alsbeth herself should have some pretty awesome looking stuff right?

Last night we killed Alsbeth and the Staff of the Inevitable dropped which I won. This is an orange Relic level item. The skin on the item was a plain white staff with two "horns" from a death rift in a half moon orientation and a single small nub of a horn coming from the center where the head and staff meet. No glows, no animations...rather plain looking for a Relic quality item from the raid end boss. Stat wise its on par with the Genesis staff from Greenscalle. Think Greenscale has 2 more int and a little less focus than Alsbeths staff and a different use (GS has a root use and Alsbeth has a chance on dmg proc).

You see someone with the GreenScales staff and say wow that is pretty impressive. It looks to be a high end item and screams for recognition. The colors of the Genesis staff and detail, the natural glow, and obviously the animation of the tentacles really crys out this is something special. Then you see Alsbeth's staff....plain white staff with two and a quarter minature death rift horn's in a very flat dimension just kind of says...plain. Even the purple/epic quality saga staff is more detailed and exciting than the orange/relic quality Staff of the Inevitable. Sorry I don't have a screenshot currently but can take one and post when I get home of how it looks and hopefully it will get a face lift to make it really unique looking and worthy to have came from the end boss of Trions newest raid zone.
    Last edited by Datku; 04-20-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Ok got home. Its the exact same model as the shadetouch staff you can get from the cache things.

Staff of the Inevitable ie Shade Touched model

Really hope they change the graphic to make it a bit more unique.

Soulwalker

Sorry for the thread necro, but after ending up with one of these last night I have to agree. I haven't had it long enough to play around with the proc, but as a full time Chloro it seems pretty neat and I'm not exactly going to complain about a bit of extra damage. Gotta agree with this guy completely about the aesthetics though. The Pylon flails around, glows like a tiki lantern and the int-itemized sister weapon ends up looking like a blue. Rebuild the staff head, maybe put a tiny death rift in it or something to that effect. My taxes pay your salary, Trion!

+ Reply to Thread