+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion here is a idea. Guild homes?

Soulwalker

Default Trion here is a idea. Guild homes?

We should have guild homes. I think this is a viable idea. Think about it you could have guild specific quests givers ,guild vendors, crafting areas and a place to customize hang raid trophies, dungeon trophies and pvp awards. Hang out and talk with all your guildmates and have the guild vault right there next to you so you can hoard all your treasures. I think it could be fun and the ways you could interact and customize it could be based off your level. And you could even add guild achives that also unlock enhancements to the guild home.
    Last edited by Malivon9189; 04-20-2011 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malivon9189 View Post
    We should have guild homes. I think this is a viable idea. Think about it you could have guild specific quests givers ,guild vendors, crafting areas and a place to customize hang raid trophies, dungeon trophies and pvp awards. Hang out and talk with all your guildmates and have the guild vault right there next to you so you can hoard all your treasures. I think it could be fun and the ways you could interact and customize it could be based off your level.
    Guild halls are fine and wanted so long as they do not allow amenities such as vendors and crafting stations in them. It would completely kill random RP as it did in EQ2 and that is unacceptable.

If they allow the crafters to make items for the halls that would pick up the economy as well. Something the game is lacking, a strong economy.
    http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/69

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Tzimisce;2204620]Guild halls are fine and wanted so long as they do not allow amenities such as vendors and crafting stations in them. It would completely kill random RP as it did in EQ2 and that is unacceptable.

If they allow the crafters to make items for the halls that would pick up the economy as well. Something the game is lacking, a strong economy.[/QUOTE

Yeah the vendors might be a bit much but what about crafting your stuff inside and outside the guild I am sure if both options were available most would still do it outside. Also it could be a unlockable thing that would require the guildmembers creating so many random quality items for each profession. Like to get a forge you have to make so many armor / weapon smithing items of a certain rarity. I think that way its more of a reward/epeen thing and a reflection of your guilds hard work to meet the achive and it wouldn't take away from the rp side of the game.
    Last edited by Malivon9189; 04-20-2011 at 09:24 AM.

Plane Touched

[QUOTE=Malivon9189;2204750]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzimisce View Post
    Guild halls are fine and wanted so long as they do not allow amenities such as vendors and crafting stations in them. It would completely kill random RP as it did in EQ2 and that is unacceptable.

If they allow the crafters to make items for the halls that would pick up the economy as well. Something the game is lacking, a strong economy.[/QUOTE

Yeah the vendors might be a bit much but what about crafting your stuff inside and outside the guild I am sure if both options were available most would still do it outside. Also it could be a unlockable thing that would require the guildmembers creating so many random quality items for each profession. Like to get a forge you have to make so many armor / weapon smithing items of a certain rarity. I think that way its more of a reward/epeen thing and a reflection of your guilds hard work to meet the achive and it wouldn't take away from the rp side of the game.

It would still make cities less populated. Just make them and allow them to have guild vaults. It would be a place for guild meetings and to store vaults and display trophies and stuff. keep the vendors and crafting stuff in the towns so the major cites dont turn into ghost towns
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbird View Post
    i can't heal through stupid.

Soulwalker

[QUOTE=Jimmie51;2205024]
    Quote Originally Posted by Malivon9189 View Post

It would still make cities less populated. Just make them and allow them to have guild vaults. It would be a place for guild meetings and to store vaults and display trophies and stuff. keep the vendors and crafting stuff in the towns so the major cites dont turn into ghost towns
    Yeah your right even if it was obtainable through a achive sooner or later people will achive it. Then slowly people will trickle out of citys until very few are left. It would simply be a matter of time.

Soulwalker

But what about vendors that only sold items that had to be unlocked by the guild? Maybe even some daily quest givers that allowed you to obtain guild exp individualy in small amounts for those guilds who are limited in their member count.
    Last edited by Malivon9189; 04-20-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

I think Guild homes would be a good idea as well per my previous post:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...dia-of-desires

Something to offer concerning your vendor discussion though, What about a vendor NPC which listed all of the available items which could be made by other guild member crafting? Guild members could then place an order with other guildees not online. This would have no impact on city populations but be an important tool for guild members.

+ Reply to Thread