+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mobile Authenticator improvement

Rift Disciple

Default Mobile Authenticator improvement

I recently had to remove the mobile authenticator from my account. And the reason for this is because it is in fact NOT mobile.

I travel a lot for work, and I also like account security. So to avoid being constantly coin locked, I got a mobile authenticator. The problem occurs because the way in which many hotel chain's provide internet to their customers.

When logging into rift on a hotel network I repeatedly get the message that my IP has changed since authentication and I'm forced to close out and relog. Problem is, this is an infinte loop, the problem never corrects myself and I am forced to not be able to play Rift.

There has got to be a way to improve the functionality of the authenticator as I never had this problem with WoW's authenticator.

When I brought the issue to technical support, I was told that this was a common problem with users.

All in all, please fix the mobile authenticator Trion, I want the added security.

Soulwalker

Hate to be a bit of an ***, but the mobile authenticator has nothing to do with your IP changing. WoW authenticators are an algorithm based authenticator as well. I believe Trion did it the same way. Neither authenticator accesses the web in order to generate your authentication number. it uses a set base off of the randomly generated serial number in order to give you an authentication number. what you MIGHT be encountering would be the same thing that blizzard calls "Unusual account activity", which results from traveling to another area, logging into an IP address the machines don't recognize as possible in X amount of time, and they want you to do ______ (For wow its go in, change your password, prove you are you, then you can log in.)

+ Reply to Thread