+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion to discourage ganking

Default Suggestion to discourage ganking

Simple suggestion: debuff anyone who kills or assists to kill a player with a grey threat level.

This won't solve the issue, but I believe it is a step in the right direction. It is similar to when you kill a critter, though I would suggest making the debuff time longer for this offense. In my opinion they should stack, eventually giving the grey players a chance against the higher level player.

It should also only activate if the higher level player initiated the attack. This would prevent greys from annoying the higher players without being able to retaliate.

Yes griefers are and will likely always come with pvp, but this could cut down the number and threat greatly.

Soulwalker

TBH it is part of life on a PvP server so get used to it or roll on a PvE server

Ascendant

roll pve server, issue fixed.
    Signus Parka Parabellum

I'll bite. Why get used to it if it can be improved? Industries are built upon the foundation of continuously improving and refining designs and concepts. Why should the MMO world be any different?

Is getting slaughtered by a player 20 levels higher than you fun for anyone? Not unless you are a masochist.

If the entire industry had your line of thinking we would still be standing there with our auto attack waiting for our next chance to bash, kick, or taunt because that's simply the way it is.

at any rate. Even though the issue has been beaten to death, people seem to defend the idea of ganking as if it could possibly be argued as good for the game.

From a business perspective, less gankers will make happier casuals (believe it or not, a casual player will likely have no desire to reroll after getting to the open world pvp point on their character). Who do you think is less likely to subscribe between a narcissistic power player who can no longer take out their lost childhood on defenseless players at the same rate as before, or a casual play-for-a-couple-hours gamer who might have an entire play session ruined by the former?

The suggestion doesn't even completely remove the ability to gank, it simply deters it and eventually gives others a fighting chance

Shadowlander

Just add a level cap like everquest 1 had, quite simple answer. Usually ones that answer "roll pve" are the cowards killing the lowbie lol. Takes skill to pvp within a cap, takes a coward trying to flex their ep**n to pvp lowbies....certainly not skill.
    Last edited by Ravenshade32; 04-19-2011 at 11:17 PM.

Give the lvl 50 some fun. Even if it's at the expense of the lowbies. That might encourage them to lvl up faster. It's an PvP shard anyway. Forget the quests and go to the warfronts!
    Officially owned by Alsbeth the Discordant.

http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=815027&dateline=13020  88690

Elitists and game programmers think alike; The first thinks the game is too easy, the other nerfs the crap out of them.

Rift Disciple

Nothing mroe embarassing than complaining about the rules of a server you signed up for.

You knew about the trials of a PvP server, yet you clicked to join one and then ***** about getting ganked??

Nothing to see here people, just another whiner clogging these forums.

well I can't say I didn't expect it from what I've seen in these forums, but I am disappointed to see the majority of the responses are coming from trolls.

For what it's worth, I've hit 50, am no longer concerned about personally being ganked (you'll have to find another thing to troll me on, sorry), and am reflecting upon my experiences and what I see for the future of the game.

In a few months from now, it could be extremely difficult for a new player to get into the game. Why not help those players out?

Everyone seems to be more interested in "what's good for me" as opposed to "what's good for the game".

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Jedin View Post
    well I can't say I didn't expect it from what I've seen in these forums, but I am disappointed to see the majority of the responses are coming from trolls.

For what it's worth, I've hit 50, am no longer concerned about personally being ganked (you'll have to find another thing to troll me on, sorry), and am reflecting upon my experiences and what I see for the future of the game.

In a few months from now, it could be extremely difficult for a new player to get into the game. Why not help those players out?

Everyone seems to be more interested in "what's good for me" as opposed to "what's good for the game".
    It is nothing like that, if you want a big kumbaya session, roll PvE point blank. you chose out of your own free will to join that, if it put you in that server randomly, then I will side with you, but you and I both know that didn't happen.

I love it also when people say "then join a PvE server" the gankees get all defensive with their BS excuses.

Shadowlander

The suggestion made by the OP is valid. PvP srvers are there the to allow the idea of in the open world having the opportunity to engage in PvP action while doing PvE content.

Being level 50 and killing a level 20 players is only what mentally inferior or poor PvP players have introduced as the norm on a PvP server. The OP is merely trying to restore some sort of honor into gamers.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Micko View Post
    The suggestion made by the OP is valid. PvP srvers are there the to allow the idea of in the open world having the opportunity to engage in PvP action while doing PvE content.

Being level 50 and killing a level 20 players is only what mentally inferior or poor PvP players have introduced as the norm on a PvP server. The OP is merely trying to restore some sort of honor into gamers.
    1. Join a PvE server

2. Feeling froggy and want to kill some people, holy crap queue for WFs!!!!

3. ???

4. Profit

Another whiner put in his place

Roll a PvE server. I solve problems every day, just happened yours was the easiest to solve.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    Roll a PvE server. I solve problems every day, just happened yours was the easiest to solve.
    This basically, but watch they dismiss that fact and try to flip it with some more whining:

"That shouldn't be the only option"

"All my friends are on PvP servers"

Quote Originally Posted by Micko View Post
    PvP is not about honour... its about killing what's red, before it kills you. And you do whatever ya need to do to make sure the other guy(s) is eating dirt.

Like saidplenty in this post, roll PvE.

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast