+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild perks persisting through death

Soulwalker

Default Guild perks persisting through death

As the title says. Considering the cost of items to use guild perk buffs (the ones that use items), which singly is low but can quickly get expensive, or the low number of planar charges we can store for the buffs that use those, I don't think it's asking too much that the buffs granted persist through death.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it if it has.
    Last edited by Jakk Frost; 04-19-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakk Frost View Post
    As the title says. Considering the cost of items to use guild perk buffs (the ones that use items), which singly is low but can quickly get expensive, or the low number of planar charges we can store for the buffs that use those, I don't think it's asking too much that the buffs granted persist through death.

Sorry if this has been posted before, but I couldn't find it if it has.
    I thought this was the case already?

Example; Blood Thirsty, the "Heal X% over 6 seconds upon PvP kill" that costs a Silver Artifact.
    While I won't disclose how often I die in PvP as my Mage, I will say that the spell lasts 1 hour and even persists through non-PvP deaths (like if I cast Sacrifice Life: Mana one too many times).
    Last edited by Morvick; 04-19-2011 at 06:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    I thought this was the case already?

Example; Blood Thirsty, the "Heal X% over 6 seconds upon PvP kill" that costs a Silver Artifact.
    While I won't disclose how often I die in PvP as my Mage, I will say that the spell lasts 1 hour and even persists through non-PvP deaths (like if I cast Sacrifice Life: Mana one too many times).
    I suppose it's possible, I haven't tested it on the buffs with item costs, but Planar Protection (which costs a planar charge) doesn't persist through death, so I assumed it was the same for all buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakk Frost View Post
    I suppose it's possible, I haven't tested it on the buffs with item costs, but Planar Protection (which costs a planar charge) doesn't persist through death, so I assumed it was the same for all buffs.
    The logic for that must be, "Planar Charge costs nothing but time to get, and it's given for them completing our content. We want that."

Rest assured, at least the PvP Buffs are enduring through death, and last the full 1 hour.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread