+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible Soul Swapout?

Soulwalker

Default Possible Soul Swapout?

Got bored one day and decided to examine talent trees for my 4th role... And suddenly realized something.

Why not allow for Souls to be swapped out for others in individual roles so that role will cater more towards what it was intended to be used for?

For instance: My level 29 Rogue's first role is a questing spec that uses Nightblade. The suggested pairings are Riftstalker and Ranger, so I went with that when I first made the toon. Now here's where I got stuck during my moment of boredom. The Riftstalker I get, due to increased health, Attack Power, and the all-glorious Annihilate for temporarily increased Attack Power. But Ranger? Nightblade already has ranged attacks covered, and the Riftstalker talent tree provides a teleport or two if the target gets out of range. Now, I noticed that Bladedancer was better for those who preferred to stab instead of shoot, like me. Increased auto-attack damage, hit chance, etc etc, which would be very useful as I never find myself in a situation where I need to slap out my bow and arrows (thus negating the purpose of having Ranger).

Of course, such a big thing will have to be expensive, but you're only going to swap it out once if you have the sense to figure out what you want as a replacement before you do the swap, right?
    Last edited by Eternaltorment; 04-19-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Plane Walker

You appear to be talking about soul respecs. This is already possible, you don't have to stay with any particular soul if you don't like it, as long as you have 4 or more souls. Even if you don't have more than your initial 3 souls, you can still change your point allocation, just talk to your trainer and request a soul respec. At least, that's what I think you are talking about. Your roles are just to allow you to have up to your 4 different specs, to keep you from having to go to your trainer each time you want to change your soul points.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    You appear to be talking about soul respecs. This is already possible, you don't have to stay with any particular soul if you don't like it, as long as you have 4 or more souls. Even if you don't have more than your initial 3 souls, you can still change your point allocation, just talk to your trainer and request a soul respec. At least, that's what I think you are talking about. Your roles are just to allow you to have up to your 4 different specs, to keep you from having to go to your trainer each time you want to change your soul points.
    Not quite.

Say you already have all 4 roles. But one of your roles seems to have the wrong soul paired with the primary, and you want to change it. The way the current system works, once you select a soul, you're stuck with that soul for the role for good. This is bad news for those just starting to play MMOs or Rift, as their soul pairings may not be good for what they want to do.

This aspect is what I was talking about when I posted my example about my Rogue's questing spec. I'm wanting to have 1 role for each spec: Melee dps, ranged dps, tank, and support. This way I can switch roles to what the raid needs more. The questing spec was to be switched to melee dps once I hit the level cap.
    Last edited by Eternaltorment; 04-19-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Soulwalker

A respec is what you want to do. Once you buy th resepc, you can change the individual souls in it until you save the spec. I have done this several times.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by quark2 View Post
    A respec is what you want to do. Once you buy th resepc, you can change the individual souls in it until you save the spec. I have done this several times.
    Oh you can? Well crap... I thought it was only for the talent points.
    Terribly sorry for wasting forum space now xD Admins can delete this thread if they want.

+ Reply to Thread