+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Object Takeovers

Default PvP Object Takeovers

To be honest, the PVP in this game just isn't that great, but other than that its a great game.
    To make PVP "funner" why not enable opposite factions to take over hubs and camps and completely turn it into a camp of their own? or launch gaurdian invasions against defiant bases.

personally, I just want some world PVP

Rift Master

And Elder Scrolls Oblivion's Multiplayer sucks ;D

Rift is touted as a PvE game, so if the PvP sucks that'd be why.

But they have said some RvR is coming in a later patch, they have plans, so I'd stay tuned and see what they turn out.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Fearah View Post

1. get a raid
    2. attack base(s)
    3. repeat

That's how you world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnu View Post
    1. get a raid
    2. attack base(s)
    3. repeat

That's how you world pvp.
    Yeah but whats the point? Ill try that right now and see how it goes

Soulwalker

Please do, i do it and works had a battle for 90 min it was fun. Don't really need quest to make you have fun just simple knowledge.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowclaimer View Post
    And Elder Scrolls Oblivion's Multiplayer sucks ;D

Rift is touted as a PvE game, so if the PvP sucks that'd be why.

But they have said some RvR is coming in a later patch, they have plans, so I'd stay tuned and see what they turn out.
    With souls designed for PvP, with spells designed for PvP (Mage dominator tree for instance + CC), with stats designed for PvP, with gear designed for PvP, yeah for sure is RIFT a 100% PvE game.

The fact is RIFT has also been designed for PvP, but the PvP content is not there yet. Hope it will be delivered on live servers very soon.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Trimsic View Post
    With souls designed for PvP, with spells designed for PvP (Mage dominator tree for instance + CC), with stats designed for PvP, with gear designed for PvP, yeah for sure is RIFT a 100% PvE game.

The fact is RIFT has also been designed for PvP, but the PvP content is not there yet. Hope it will be delivered on live servers very soon.
    Took it out of perspective.

I'm saying that preaching Rift's pvp isn't a-freaking-mazing is complaining about the wrong thing. My analogy was technically incorrect (Given Oblivion has zero multiplayer). I was just moreso meaning that you can't expect the world in PvP in this game when the developers themselves have said its a PvE focused game with PvP as a secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fearah View Post
    To be honest, the PVP in this game just isn't that great, but other than that its a great game.
    To make PVP "funner" why not enable opposite factions to take over hubs and camps and completely turn it into a camp of their own? or launch gaurdian invasions against defiant bases.

Yes please

+ Reply to Thread