+ Reply to Thread

Thread: [Suggestion] Allow Class Switch

Default [Suggestion] Allow Class Switch

- Let me level to 50 as a Warrior
    - Let me switch class to Cleric, that I need to level to 50 to open all available cleric spells
    - Let me do the same to Rogue and Mage, leveling up to 50.

- Allow 4 (or more Roles) for each class just like now, but I can switch class and roles as needed

- This will increase the demand for bank space. I am thinking a Bank for each Class, and a shared Bank that acts like a guild back for my own account only.

- This will allow a pool of currency that I can choose to spend in which class I need.
    - This will allow me to use Plaques of Achievement & Planarites I gained with my warrior to some other class I want to explore and play.

- By allowing my to switch class, I can play with 4 friends, and we can switch class to what we need at the moment, and not rely on LF1M.

- It will also allow my to explore playing other classes with the investment still on the characters I develop within the same account.

Soulwalker

Default Wtf!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SanctumeSpiritstone View Post
    - Let me level to 50 as a Warrior
    - Let me switch class to Cleric, that I need to level to 50 to open all available cleric spells
    - Let me do the same to Rogue and Mage, leveling up to 50.

- Allow 4 (or more Roles) for each class just like now, but I can switch class and roles as needed

- This will increase the demand for bank space. I am thinking a Bank for each Class, and a shared Bank that acts like a guild back for my own account only.

- This will allow a pool of currency that I can choose to spend in which class I need.
    - This will allow me to use Plaques of Achievement & Planarites I gained with my warrior to some other class I want to explore and play.

- By allowing my to switch class, I can play with 4 friends, and we can switch class to what we need at the moment, and not rely on LF1M.

- It will also allow my to explore playing other classes with the investment still on the characters I develop within the same account.
    Are you joking. I am guessing you played FFXI? Where you went in a house picked your main class and a sub class.

But you want it where you don't work for the other class. So let people take another class so they have no idea how to play them. is that what you're getting at?

Well that is the dumbest idea i ever read. You sir must be the laziest gamer. Would you like a 1,000p or how about 100k p o and we'll even give you every thing in the game.

Fat chance go find a game that uses cheat codes. damn lazy SOB.
    Last edited by Magnu; 04-19-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnu View Post
    Are you joking. I am guessing you played FFXI? Where you went in a house picked your main class and a sub class.

But you want it where you don't work for the other class. So let people take another class so they have no idea how to play them. is that what you're getting at?

Well that is the dumbest idea i ever read. You sir must be the laziest gamer. Would you like a 1,000p or how about 100k p o and we'll even give you every thing in the game.

Fat chance go back to the game where you just have to push one button .... World of warcraft
    Didn't you read? I said that I needed to level 1-50 for each class to open up the spells and I will would need to spend coins to train ranks.

I don't know wtf is this FFXI you're talking about.

I have to 1-star this thread and disagree with the OP's intentions.

The entire purpose of having the Souls as they are is that you can play as you want within a character type. But if you want a different character type... yes, I think you should still go make a separate character with a new name, and go taht way.

If you want to share gear between characters, just say you want an Account-bound Bank.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Soulwalker

Didn't you read? I said that I needed to level 1-50 for each class to open up the spells and I will would need to spend coins to train ranks.

I don't know wtf is this FFXI you're talking about.
    either way still a moronic idea. so would you want like 4 toons in one just bc you don't want to logout and log back in. Lazy is still Lazy!
    Also you would get people needing on everything(Hi i am a rouge o wait now im a warrior because a epic drop).

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    I have to 1-star this thread and disagree with the OP's intentions.

The entire purpose of having the Souls as they are is that you can play as you want within a character type. But if you want a different character type... yes, I think you should still go make a separate character with a new name, and go taht way.

If you want to share gear between characters, just say you want an Account-bound Bank.
    Sure why not. I spent the time doing the same T1 / T2 content and collect Plaques on my warrior tanking.

I want to gear up a failed 50 cleric tank, and can instead be the Healer my group was LF1M Healer for the past 30+ minutes, when all I keep getting was DPS Warrior and Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnu View Post
    either way still a moronic idea. so would you want like 4 toons in one just bc you don't want to logout and log back in. Lazy is still Lazy!
    Also you would get people needing on everything(Hi i am a rouge o wait now im a warrior because a epic drop).
    It's easy to log out and switch toons.

It's a waste of time to do the same T1 / T2 content when my warrior earned the resource (300 Plaques of Achievement) as my cleric starting to grind the first 30 to get the first T1 piece.

There's nothing lazy about that, I put in the time to play the game, it's my business how I want to spend the currency earned.

As for rolling, it is no different from a Runecrafter rolling Need on an epic loot for that purple powder mat. Besides, the Loot Roll is not in question. That's group's issue to resolve their own. I play with like minded people and do not need your insecurity on how I handle the loot drops in my group.

Soulwalker

It's easy to log out and switch toons.

It's a waste of time to do the same T1 / T2 content when my warrior earned the resource (300 Plaques of Achievement) as my cleric starting to grind the first 30 to get the first T1 piece.

There's nothing lazy about that, I put in the time to play the game, it's my business how I want to spend the currency earned.

As for rolling, it is no different from a Runecrafter rolling Need on an epic loot for that purple powder mat. Besides, the Loot Roll is not in question. That's group's issue to resolve their own. I play with like minded people and do not need your insecurity on how I handle the loot drops in my group.
    so your main is a warrior, and you don't want to take the time to do end game with other toons.
    Humm still lazy to me. in stead of having every damn class on one toon make the currency BoA(this is still lazy).

Seeing other mmo's didn't do that and i don't see that happening here either. Just deal with doing the work and not stoop to "I don't want to do it all over again" People did it in EQ, WOW and others hell you don't see people with multiple accounts saying this crap.

This thread was voted: Terrible

Shadowlander

I know where your coming from... I'm not a big fan of the whole alt thing, as I tend to invest a lot of time in my main, but at the same time it is fun to go back and do some of the lower level content.

I hate to bring up WoW, but thought I cool idea for 'Hero' classes would be to have an extra tree, which uses special points, and you get those points by 're-leveling' your character. You could switch between your 'lowbie' self and 'level capped' self like you switch specs, and would have separate quest logs and gear dolls, but your bank and bags and stuff would stay the same.

It would be nice to be able to dual class for RP purposes, so I'll /sign for that.

However, it should come with a lot of limitations.

Each class per character should have seperate sets of BoP currency (which I believe would be everything except plat/gold/silver).

You should not be able to change from one class to another 'on the fly' ...it should require a trip to your faction's capitol city or something like that.

You should not be able to change classes if the gear you have equipped cannot be equipped by the class your changing to... so if I'm a cleric attempting to change to mage, I should not be able to do if I have any of my chainmail equipped.

Each class should have a sepperate level. Just because I'm an experienced (level 50) cleric, doesn't mean I know squat about how to be a mage, so when I change to a mage (or any class) my level should go back to 1 (or 6, to account for the starting zones being 1-time only)

Leveling your second class would be a bit of a chore, since you probably have finished most of the zone quests. Quests should NOT reset... it wouldn't make sense for them to - once you've done something, it's done. You would be limited to doing any left-over quests you missed on your 'main' class, dailys, WF's, instances, or flat out grinding.

Really the only things that the classes should share are: Notoriety, achievements, collections (pets, mounts, etc), the bank, the mailbox... the character name of course... things like guild/friends... professions... Think that's it... everything else should remain separate, as though the two classes were two different toons.

Soulwalker

Default Disagreement

I'm sorry, but I would have to disagree, this is not good according to me. When you're 50 your supposed to know how to play classes, you don't if you can change. + If you can just change class, what will keep you playing and making new chars to play with newcomers. Nothing, and then newcomers leave becuase they dont get much help and so on. Rating this 1 star. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post
    It would be nice to be able to dual class for RP purposes, so I'll /sign for that.

Each class per character should have seperate sets of BoP currency (which I believe would be everything except plat/gold/silver).

You should not be able to change from one class to another 'on the fly' ...it should require a trip to your faction's capitol city or something like that.

You should not be able to change classes if the gear you have equipped cannot be equipped by the class your changing to... so if I'm a cleric attempting to change to mage, I should not be able to do if I have any of my chainmail equipped.

Each class should have a sepperate level. Just because I'm an experienced (level 50) cleric, doesn't mean I know squat about how to be a mage, so when I change to a mage (or any class) my level should go back to 1 (or 6, to account for the starting zones being 1-time only)

Leveling your second class would be a bit of a chore, since you probably have finished most of the zone quests. Quests should NOT reset... it wouldn't make sense for them to - once you've done something, it's done. You would be limited to doing any left-over quests you missed on your 'main' class, dailys, WF's, instances, or flat out grinding.

Really the only things that the classes should share are: Notoriety, achievements, collections (pets, mounts, etc), the bank, the mailbox... the character name of course... things like guild/friends... professions... Think that's it... everything else should remain separate, as though the two classes were two different toons.
    I agree that changing / switching class should not be "on the fly" but rather allow me to switch in order to form a viable group when 4 friends are available to play and none of us are a needed class/role be it tank or healer or dps.

My idea is that each class is a separate level. So I leveled a warrior to 50. Allow me to switch to a Cleric class--but my cleric will be at level 1. I would then need to spend the time to level the cleric to 50. This removes the argument of those who says I will not know how to play a class. I would still be playing the cleric from 1 to 50 and I would gain the knowledge of how my tanking warrior can adjust to the strengths and weakness of a healing cleric. Likewise, if I level up a dps rogue or mage, I would have better idea on how fast a warrior can gain and control agro.

As for leveling the second time around, I do not see why the quests can be opened again for the different class I switched to. This can even encourage the devs to create more specific class quests--more content for Rift!
    Dayblind | Guardian | Anomandrake Warrior | Sanctume Cleric

As for leveling the second time around, I do not see why the quests can be opened again for the different class I switched to. This can even encourage the devs to create more specific class quests--more content for Rift!
    Because that wouldn't make sense. Once you've helped Scotty deal with the hazers at the quicksilver college; he isn't going to need help with them again. Once you've killed the Hag; she's dead.

The only way it would make sense to have quests be repeatable is if initiating a class change sent you back in time, but I still have a bitter taste in my mouth from the defiant starting zone... time travel just seems like too much in a game like this...

Even that wouldn't be without conflicts... quests like
    "go find what happened to Jimmy."
    You'd just be like "a werewolf killed him - his corpse is in a cave about half a mile east of here."
    "what?! How do you know??"
    "I'm from the future, this is actually the second time you've asked me to find Jimmy."
    "..."

Get the point? It just makes for awkward lore.
    Looking for truly dynamic end game content? Looking for legendary PvP, RvR, and RP? Looking for not just player built housing; but entire towns, cities, and empires?
    Congratulations! You have earned +10 Bonus Points for reading between the lines!! ^_^
    ==> Look no further! <==

No need for guild recruiting with the OP suggestion here. No I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Haliaeetus View Post

+1 to people asking you to change your text colour
    Last edited by Gnova; 04-22-2011 at 12:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread