+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ellaboration on the waypoint system

Default Ellaboration on the waypoint system

1) Allow the ability to switch off all other party waypoints on your map (toggle on the UI) so only your own is showing.
    2) Allow multiple waypoints to be placed on the map.
    3) Allow each waypoint name to be defined by the player. A Shift+left click menu could allow the deletion and renaming of the waypoint. If it was shift+right click, that could get messy.
    4) Allow all the waypoints on the map to be shown in a "popout" / "drop down" list. Clicking on one of the elements in the list sets that waypoint as the currently "active" on (i.e. where the arrow points to).
    Last edited by Tarka; 04-19-2011 at 11:51 AM.

I'm fine with those suggestions but I wanted to add to this post and add mine.

If I am the raid leader of a private raid, I should be the only one ABLE to drop a way point. It's complete insanity that any of the 20 can put down a way point. Even more annoying is that as leader, I can't remove theirs. I'd like that at least.

If we want to get fancy, it would nice to assign additional raid leaders that also could put down way points. But again, it's not ideal that everyone can do it in a raid. For a public one, I understand that it should be open, but not for a private one.
    It is only the dead who have seen the end of war. - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Humble View Post
    I'm fine with those suggestions but I wanted to add to this post and add mine.

If I am the raid leader of a private raid, I should be the only one ABLE to drop a way point. It's complete insanity that any of the 20 can put down a way point. Even more annoying is that as leader, I can't remove theirs. I'd like that at least.

If we want to get fancy, it would nice to assign additional raid leaders that also could put down way points. But again, it's not ideal that everyone can do it in a raid. For a public one, I understand that it should be open, but not for a private one.
    True, I suppose in addition to filtering out the waypoints of other party members, there could be an option to ONLY see Raid / Party leaders waypoints.

So in effect, there could be three options:

1) Show / Hide your own waypoints.
    2) Show / Hide party (and raid) members waypoints.
    3) Show / Hide party (and raid) leader waypoints.
    Last edited by Tarka; 04-19-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Soulwalker

i know this is a really old thread but i would like to see this added so i posted xD got a problem better to post in a old thread than make a new one

Would you force the idea that only raid leaders and assistants be able to set waypoints in a private raid, or would you want to see that in a permissions system somewhere?

I'd think that a more practical option would be just to disable the showing of waypoints on your map via display options under the settings interface.

+ Reply to Thread