+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Shared bank for characters on account

Soulwalker

Default Shared bank for characters on account

Just a suggestion.. I think it would be a huge improvement to the game platform if we were able to have a few dedicated bank slots for shared items & coin that all characters on our account could access. Reason being that I would absolutely love to create an alt character of the opposite faction. The questing would be a new experience as well as the environment, content, etc. I am greatly detracted from doing so at this point - however - because that alt character would be unable to use the benefits & skills of my main character, just like an alt of the same faction would. I think if we had a shared bank it would open up a lot more option. I have already added this suggestion in-game via the ? tab, but thought that a forum thread may be a more appropriate place for such a suggestion. Thanks for your time.

Soulwalker

My bad - I was maneuvering through forums and may have accidentally posted this to general rather than suggestions... sorry for the mis-post if I did ....way too much cough meds!
    Last edited by Moojoo; 04-19-2011 at 10:05 AM.

I'm absolutely in favor of shared vault space. However, I do NOT believe they should be shared between characters of different factions. There's too much "wiggle room" for abuse...need those "hard to find" artifacts from enemy territory? No problem, just bank 'em and hand 'em over to your other-factioned alter ego. Nope, can't go along with that.

Only agree with shared space between the same account/server/faction.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargeezer View Post
    I'm absolutely in favor of shared vault space. However, I do NOT believe they should be shared between characters of different factions. There's too much "wiggle room" for abuse...need those "hard to find" artifacts from enemy territory? No problem, just bank 'em and hand 'em over to your other-factioned alter ego. Nope, can't go along with that.

Same.

Either add another special slot in your bank where you can put 1 bag that is common to all characters on that server who are the same faction.

Or alternatively, make the last bag slot the common one, so you have to spend some real money to get that feature, if you are really feeling nasty.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Soulwalker

Seems to me that you are willing to bypass a HUGE portion of game content all for some silly little artifact hunting? That just seems like a small thing to hold back so much more option for continued interest in the game. I am certain that there would be a way to adjust the artifact spawn locations if that is the one thing holding it back....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Moojoo View Post
    Seems to me that you are willing to bypass a HUGE portion of game content all for some silly little artifact hunting? That just seems like a small thing to hold back so much more option for continued interest in the game. I am certain that there would be a way to adjust the artifact spawn locations if that is the one thing holding it back....
    One item I thought about after leaving the forum: it would be very simple to add this feature to the game and still preserve the items that you fear will be exploited. To implement a lock that prevents items like artifacts from entering the shared vault. There are locks to prevent the trade of soulbound items, it would be the same concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Moojoo View Post
    Way to trivialize opposing opinions.

I used the artifact-swapping as an example. There are plenty of other ways such a cross-faction shared space could be used to short-circuit the boundaries Trion has established between the Guardians and Defiant. Armor, crafting materials, mounts, etc. would all be fair game. Even the ability to swap coin between factions could be feasibly abused.

My position stands: cross-faction sharing of any kind is just going to be problematic. Aside from that, I'm in agreement with your original proposal, and have posted a number of times to that affect.

Thanks.

Proudly hitching dreams to stars for over fifty years!

Rift Master

/agree

Shared Bank space is a great idea

+1 as long as shared between characters of the same faction.

On top of it, I suggest having several shared bank slots (number to be discussed), with an unlock system similar to the one already in place to unlock regular (non-shared) bank slots, in particular:
    1) the more shared bank slots are already unlocked, the higher the price to unlock the next shared bank slot
    2) the need to fill the slot with a bag once unlocked
    That would add some cash sink in order to counterbalance the fact you are no longer paying the item postage to transfer items between characters.

And, obviously, a safety check to ensure soulbound items cannot be deposited in those slots.

I agree, but only for same Account/Server/Faction. I don't see the need for there to be any unnecessary 'unlocking' of shared bank abilities in game, just allow it.

I would definitely like shared, same faction, bank slots.

Yes Please (same faction only)

How about not shared bank slots for items across factions but shared plat.
    Can't really abuse that.

Shared bank slots have been one of my favorite banking options since EQ1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vashane View Post
    I would just like to add, I sure hope they don't add something to this game before they add something else that is totally unrelated to the thing they might add, because that would really tick me off or something if they added it first before the thing that should be added first even though its totally unrelated like, you know?

Shared bank and making all Bind on Pickup gear Bind to account. That way it can be transferred to your other characters. This includes plaques and things like Otherworldly sourcestones etc.
    Verodio 60 rogue
    Arcaria 60 mage
    Ciren 56 Cleric
    Drow Organization

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast