+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GM special event dungeons

Default GM special event dungeons

I used to play a game that held a lot of special GM events and whenever they did, they will open up these special caves that dropped special and very rare loot that can only be acquired through these events and these events only happened about once a year. (The loot wasn't always considered the best of the best but their graphics/design were very unique and cool-looking)

I think with the world event that just recently ended that it will be cool if they had something similar. I know the bosses and their loot can be considered the same thing but these bosses were only available to us for 1-2 hours until they died and that was the end of the world event. Anyone at work or busy doing something else for those 1-2 hours missed out. I was thinking of having an open dungeon where anyone can enter (one for defiant, one for guardian for PvP servers) so that you don't miss out on the loot and then in the end, the big bosses come out and attack us.

This at least this gives us something to do besides run around looking for special rifts and then wait for the final day to fight bosses (which only lasted 2 hours). With the open dungeons, it will give us something to while also fighting these rifts and give everyone a chance to get something from the bosses, even if they miss the really big ones at the end.

Hope you guys like the idea.
    /discuss

Rift Chaser Flatulentia Nervosa's Avatar

Unless you're on a low population server, there will be too many people online and bashing away to make it much more than the finale of this recent event was (which Hartsman said disappointed them, and they're learning from). When you've got literally hundreds of top level players mashing keys, not only does the server choke on the input, but the bosses go down way too fast for it to be anythnig other than a big blinding flash and poof everyone run and stand on the Porticulum Master as the mob heads for the next zone. With 33 bosses across the zones to down it was still a blinding flash. I can't imagine how insane an everyone to one location would be. Even if the servers could handle it, it'd be hard to imagine it being more than a keymash no-brainer cloud of particle effects then done type thing.

Ascendant

You wouldn't happen to be referring to Ryzome now would you?

they had GM events and they were cool but as already stated, it would be bad here. GM events only seem to work for low pop games.

The past event's phase 2 was over on Byriel in less than 1/2hr and that was with two bosses across 11 zones. Imagine the mess...

That's a good point but it still solves the problem of a ton of people missing out on the finale of the world event since people will still be able to access specific world event content and bosses, even if they miss the big bang at the end.

Maybe instead of having 1 big open dungeon they can have regular instanced dungeons to prevent that kind of mass swarming chaos.

The game I was referring to was Nexus: Kingdom of the wind btw

+ Reply to Thread